• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

I'm a bit drunk and feeling bored. And since we're going to be doing some destruction today, I thought I'd start things off with a bang.

eKP7I.png

Target acquired.

Sidenote: By the way, will our inventories revert to what they were when the map was backed up? Or are we stuck with whatever's left after the mayhem?

I'm a bit drunk and feeling bored. And since we're going to be doing some destruction today, I thought I'd start things off with a bang.

Target acquired.

Sidenote: By the way, will our inventories revert to what they were when the map was backed up? Or are we stuck with whatever's left after the mayhem?

Your inventory should revert since the player files are saved with the world files.

celebi23

I finally started playing again and somehow managed to get 2 music discs in the span of 30 minutes :D Combination of sheer luck (and maybe a little planning) and a full set of iron armor :D I might hop onto the server again sometime.

Swift

Neo Member
hey guys just thought i would introduce myself as i hope to be seeing you on the server, cant wait to see the carnage from today. :)

Good afternoon fellow Demons of Destruction, yes it is :-

WVt7t.jpg

All day today, we are going to blow the crap out of everything. Last night was a good taster for what is about to come. We learnt some valuable lessons last night. Lessons such as "don't pack a statue with TNT if said statue has redstone torches in" and "it isn't wise to cover a Harvester in TNT if it is full of redstone circuits" :-D

Hopefully today will see the complete and utter destruction of Dome City. Then there is Mengy's Fortress it is looking extremely petulant standing there all erect defiling the sky line. Lets see how petulant it is when we wrap a few thousand blocks of TNT around it :-D . Then of course there is Xun's Disney castle, we will probably never see it finished so we might as well enjoy seeing it nuked.

The Demon Demo Crew last night :-

c2fDTl.jpg

The Harvester used to be here ........... honest it really was :-

T7Lccl.jpg

I just have one or two bits n bobs to do here and I will be online in about 20 mins and will be online all day till midnight tonight. So lets have some fun and "blow shit up". Oh for those that were not around to see Pioneer town get a very very very appropriate send off, here is the video (with appropriate music) :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8G5Tl3B3O0

Dammit I napped too long and I'm missing all the fun! :-(

We are saving the Echo dome for ya ;-) I am taking a lil break at the moment have to make myself some tea. I am hoping to be back on again at about 8-8:30pm (bout 2 hours from now).

Why are we blowing everything up? Did I miss something? :p

It's anarchy, we are revolting (seriously we are pretty revolting if you ask me). Nah the map needed trimming so whilst that is going on we can't build. So might as well have some fun and blow shit up. It will all be as if "nothing ever happened" come tomorrow night (or maybe Monday).

Here's a few pics of the fixed up spawn point. I didn't do anything too drastic I just wanted to tidy the place up and make it look less fragmented and more organized.

The building by the rails is the New Ranger Outpost which replaces the smaller one that was off to the side, and houses beds and supplies for new players.

PyAOb.jpg

OpBK5.jpg

yNxGe.jpg

qHJ1I.jpg

FLgrZ.jpg

-Minsc-

Here's a few pics of the fixed up spawn point. I didn't do anything too drastic I just wanted to tidy the place up and make it look less fragmented and more organized.

The building by the rails is the New Ranger Outpost which replaces the smaller one that was off to the side, and houses beds and supplies for new players.

Don't worry about spawn Crazy, we fixed that up real good. ;)

Well things seem to be winding down "blow shit up" wise. Probably because there aint much left to blow up. It has been a wild ride whilst it lasted. Now the question is do you want it ending tonight or do you want to carry on blowing what remains up tomorrow ?

The new map is all ready and trimmed and I think I have figured out how to upload. So let us know do you want it doing now or have a bit longer to blow shit up ?

-Minsc-

Well things seem to be winding down "blow shit up" wise. Probably because there aint much left to blow up. It has been a wild ride whilst it lasted. Now the question is do you want it ending tonight or do you want to carry on blowing what remains up tomorrow ?

The new map is all ready and trimmed and I think I have figured out how to upload. So let us know do you want it doing now or have a bit longer to blow shit up ?

Give me an hour, I'm sure I can find more stuff to blow up.

legacyzero

Banned

I'd rather continue building tomorrow TBH.

I'd rather continue building tomorrow TBH.

OK I will have a go at upping the map tomorrow Afternoon. I have a couple of bits n bobs to sort out tomorrow so it will probably be about 2 - 3 pm (14 - 15 hours from now) before I can get to do it. So enjoy the last remaining hours of "blow shit up" day.

-Minsc-

I did manage to think of snapping a few pics today.

Stuff by The Arks:

blow000.png

blow001.png

blow002.png

In Dome City:

blow003.png

blow004.png

I wandered across this exploding rail:

blow005.png

blow006.png

I decided to travel to bluebren's:

blue.png

On my way there I came across some sort of distress call:

Mack.png

I am going to laugh my ass off when there's a problem restoring everything

Oh ye of little faith. I would never ever take a risk like this with anyone's stuff (not to mention the months of my own work that could be lost). Even if I find I cannot get the trimmed map uploaded there is still a full backup of everything that existed before the destruction (there is actually 20 backups of the map to choose from dating back nearly 3 weeks). However I am pretty confident uploading the trimmed map will go well.

Ah, lol! Anyone take any pics of my fortress in ruins?

I caught it all on video which I am going to sort out today and upload to youtube. Well when I say "all on video" I mean the 1 to 2 fps I got whilst videoing it before I got unceremoniously kicked by the server for lag.

On another note here is a new "blow shit up day" video for you to watch :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyoGiQx0Cw

The video covers destroying a great hulking tree we discovered, it was lots of fun. Right I am now popping onto minecraft. The first order of business is to nuke the hell out of Neolantis. Once that is done I shall proceed with the upload and get things back to normal.

-Minsc-

I accidentally the Nether!

Well, if only I knew the nether doesn't get backed up....

Anyways, my Grinder over 2/3 primed.

nether000.png

What grinder?

nether001.png

Ok I am having a bit of hassle getting the trimmed map onto multiplays servers (oh surprise surprise). I am now directly ftping the files there but in order to do so I have had to take the server offline. Hopefully this will only take about 5 - 7 minutes. If the server isn't back online in 10 minutes from now then you will know I failed and I promptly hung myself.

EDIT

GOOD NEWS it worked and the server is online with the newly trimmed map. When you have a minute check out our "tidied up" spawn point and take a few minutes to read the book called "Neocraft History" it is very suitably insulting :p. Our map is now down to a much more manageable 461gbs (compressed).

I hope everyone enjoyed "blow up shit" day I still have a few videos of the events to upload which I will do over the next couple of days. However right now I am gonna go and have a celebratory cigarette for getting the trimmed map working against all of multiplays shit. Damn am I da man or am I da man.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
GOOD NEWS it worked and the server is online with the newly trimmed map. When you have a minute check out our "tidied up" spawn point and take a few minutes to read the book called "Neocraft History" it is very suitably insulting :p. Our map is now down to a much more manageable 461gbs (compressed).

Holy crap, that's a lot smaller than before. I'm going to make the new online map tonight, I'm anxious to see how much smaller the map size will be. Maybe I'll be able to put the cave layer back in...

461GBs!?!

:p

Well if that is the only thing I got wrong today then I am doing pretty well :p I of course meant 461mbs (or is it MBS or Mbs, never know with these conventions). But yeah pretty damn good going, Crazylegzlu really did the business with the trimming. Now we know how it is all done then next time (there will be a next time because Bluebren still visits :p) it will go a lot more smoothly.

Holy crap, that's a lot smaller than before. I'm going to make the new online map tonight, I'm anxious to see how much smaller the map size will be. Maybe I'll be able to put the cave layer back in...

Good to hear, I have done a temporary render of the map using pigmap (only took about 10 minutes to render which is down from 30 minutes). You can check it out here :-

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18837300/trimmed/pigmap-default.html

This is of course only temporary till you can get your map sorted.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I missed shit blowing up?!?! NOOOO

BTW, why did we do this?

To trim the map size down so we can explore and expand the boundaries a bit to get new 1.3 land generation that included emeralds and such. Plus, the server size was getting huge due to lots of finger boat trails that added nothing to the server, it was time.

Top Bottom