• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

To trim the map size down so we can explore and expand the boundaries a bit to get new 1.3 land generation that included emeralds and such. Plus, the server size was getting huge due to lots of finger boat trails that added nothing to the server, it was time.

Why'd we blow up dome city, though?

Just a reminder to people that use our glorious server (cos it is glorious and anyone who says different is wrong) we do have a mumble server as well so you can communicate in real time and find out just how nerdy each others voices really are.

The mumble server settings are :-

Address :- 85.236.101.45

Port No :- 5262

Charlie

it is going to be okay

I just want another excuse to have a "blow up shit" day ;-) . This weekend has been a great deal of fun and it was great to see new people and some oldies come back on. I think we can safely say we will have another "blow shit up" day sometime in the future just for a laugh. I mean who wouldn't want to see Mengy's fortress packed with over 10,000 blocks of TNT again ?

I just want another excuse to have a "blow up shit" day ;-) . This weekend has been a great deal of fun and it was great to see new people and some oldies come back on. I think we can safely say we will have another "blow shit up" day sometime in the future just for a laugh. I mean who wouldn't want to see Mengy's fortress packed with over 10,000 blocks of TNT again ?

Multiplay.

Last day of the FLoB-athon going on right now: twitch.tv/kurtjmac Get your donations in, he's nearing 100%!

Ah, beat me to it. Kurt's at 95 100+ percent right now. Since they're also announcing this as donations go up ...

Mindcrack UHC Series 8 lineup (now completely confirmed):

Guude
BDoubleO (who apparently is incredibly drunk during the entire time)
DocM
Baj
Nebris
Pakratt
MCGamer
Pyropuncher
VintageBeef
Etho
Kurtjmac
*NEW* adlingtont
*NEW* Mhykol
*NEW* Millbee
*NEW* GenerikB

EDIT 2: He did it! Grats to Kurt.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The online map of Neocraft is now up to date and shows the new trimmed map:

Neocraft Map

The map is much smaller than it was before, so I'll be attempting to add the cave layer sometime this week.

Rokam

What happened?

Just in case I'll spoiler it for anyone that's going to catch up,
Wolfie disappeared when Kurt logged back in after eating dinner, no trace of him. When he logged out Wolfie was right next to him. The amount of jokes and conspiracies that spawned off of it, should really check it out if you get the time. Sadly Wolfie never came back.

Ah, beat me to it. Kurt's at 95 100+ percent right now. Since they're also announcing this as donations go up ...

Mindcrack UHC Series 8 lineup (now completely confirmed):

Guude
BDoubleO (who apparently is incredibly drunk during the entire time)
DocM
Baj
Nebris
Pakratt
MCGamer
Pyropuncher
VintageBeef
Etho
Kurtjmac
*NEW* adlingtont
*NEW* Mhykol
*NEW* Millbee
*NEW* GenerikB

EDIT 2: He did it! Grats to Kurt.

No Pause? Oh well.

-Minsc-

I ... I want to help make this dream come true.

More the merrier.

Now we need a redstone man to make the song.

Tell me we are building this thing 50 blocks up in the air. It's not really rainbow road if you can't fall to your death.

DO IT IN THE NETHER

Two words my friends, The End.

Nah. If you're going to work in the nether you need this instead.

Suddenly, I want to go build Ghost Valley in The End.

There's no reason both these can't happen as well.

-Minsc-

If we're going all out with SNES Mario Kart circuits, then I call doing Mario Circuit 4 in the field near my home.

Do eet!

I'm a little disappointed wool won't give me the "individual block" look, not much I can do about that though. A SMK texture pack would be cool. :)

UHC Season 8 OMG

I know, it's already crazy!

BDoubleO is already dead, Guude and Millbee close to joining him and Nebris on the warpath having stolen Guude's iron, killed BDubs and looking for more victims!

Just started?! I should probably watch this. Was watching the wingman uhc a while ago, then I got sidetracked by direwolf's lets play series. xD

Yes, Season 8 just went up tonight. Please remember to spoiler tag stuff if you want to discuss it, as not to ruin things for others!

Rokam

For anyone who hasn't started watching, here is a tip for maximum laughs.

Watch VintageBeef's then go watch Adlington's, you can thank me later.

ZZMitch

I know, it's already crazy!

BDoubleO is already dead, Guude and Millbee close to joining him and Nebris on the warpath having stolen Guude's iron, killed BDubs and looking for more victims!

Yes, Season 8 just went up tonight. Please remember to spoiler tag stuff if you want to discuss it, as not to ruin things for others!

I'm very sad by the turn of events in episode 1.

Rokam

Best moment so far:
BdoubleO: Hope no one is sneaking up on me
*turns around to see Nebris coming over the hill*
Frick!

Your choice of music is impeccable in these.

You can't beat a bit of Vanessa Mae.... Just wish she would beat a bit of me lol..

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
Sorry about that.
"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ah sod em, I will sort it and pm you. May be a couple of hours though, I am in town and posting this on me phone.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
DO IT IN THE NETHER

Sooooo, about the nether....

There was one small casualty of Neocraft's Blow Shit Up day: our nether. It didn't get backed up, so all of the destruction we rained down upon it remained, and we have no way of restoring it back. There has been some talk on the server about resetting just the nether and starting it from scratch again.

HOWEVER, I think we should just leave it rampaged and in ruins and rebuild it with all the carnage there. I did some roaming around it last night, and while a lot is destroyed, a lot of nether constructions also remain completely undamaged. BUT, I personally think the ravaged parts are AWESOME. I'll try to take some pics tonight and post them up, but there are huge lava filled craters, there are holes and canyons in the netherrack, there are nether fortresses that look like post apocalypse remains, I honestly think the TNT'd sections of nether look awesome.

If we are going to leave it then I'll rebuild my nether base and also repair most of the nether network again. If we are going to reset it then I won't bother. But if we are voting, then I vote we don't reset and we just rebuild it with an apocalyptic backdrop. Leave it as a reminder of Blow Shit Up day, because it looks freakin cool.

-Minsc-

There was one small casualty of Neocraft's Blow Shit Up day: our nether. It didn't get backed up, so all of the destruction we rained down upon it remained, and we have no way of restoring it back. There has been some talk on the server about resetting just the nether and starting it from scratch again.

HOWEVER, I think we should just leave it rampaged and in ruins and rebuild it with all the carnage there. I did some roaming around it last night, and while a lot is destroyed, a lot of nether constructions also remain completely undamaged. BUT, I personally think the ravaged parts are AWESOME. I'll try to take some pics tonight and post them up, but there are huge lava filled craters, there are holes and canyons in the netherrack, there are nether fortresses that look like post apocalypse remains, I honestly think the TNT'd sections of nether look awesome.

If we are going to leave it then I'll rebuild my nether base and also repair most of the nether network again. If we are going to reset it then I won't bother. But if we are voting, then I vote we don't reset and we just rebuild it with an apocalyptic backdrop. Leave it as a reminder of Blow Shit Up day, because it looks freakin cool.

This is where we, errr, "secured" the blaze spawner.

nether002.png

nether003.png

As for the Nether, I'll be fine with what ever is decided.

More nether craters.

Before: http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/Minsc007/Minecraft/2012Aug12/nether004.png
After: http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/Minsc007/Minecraft/2012Aug12/nether005.png

To be honest I am on the side of "not resetting it". I don't really see the point. Firstly it will take a hell of a lot longer to rebuild everything from scratch again, there is no shortage of glowstone now and people are at least a bit familiar with the existing Nether. So in my books there are a lot of negatives to resetting the nether and not a lot of positives.

Having said that I have never really bothered much with the nether so I am not going to kick up a fuss either way, but I would say the "common sense" thing would be to keep the Nether we have.

Oh and if anyone has any problems watching the latest "blow shit up" video then fire a PM to me and I will get it sorted. It turns out that EMI are arseholes and don't like anyone .... who would've thunk eh ?

Top Bottom