• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Since the day I completed it, I have not touched my Harvester... Until now!

I finally added those jungle trees!
Then, I downsized the mushroom area to put in a nice batch o' Nether Wart and some fancy Cocoa Beans.
And lastly, since you all asked for it!* I got rid of 98% of the cobble used in the making of the Harvester!

ibe24UbJ6zhWg7.jpg

*No one asked for it

PS: Mob grinder v2 will come eventually.

EDIT: I separated the sugar cane controls into 2. Each control 3 rows so you don't have to replant the whole thing anymore! Yay!

zashga

Coming from a newcomer: thanks for building that harvester. My horde of cyan sheep would've taken way longer to breed without a couple free stacks of wheat.

Also, I guess I never introduced myself in this thread. My Minecraft name is ashgad, in case you were wondering who that guy was. Pleased to make your acquaintance on Neocraft. :)

-Minsc-

Coming from a newcomer: thanks for building that harvester. My horde of cyan sheep would've taken way longer to breed without a couple free stacks of wheat.

Also, I guess I never introduced myself in this thread. My Minecraft name is ashgad, in case you were wondering who that guy was. Pleased to make your acquaintance on Neocraft. :)

It's handy, I still use it from time to time. Especially for harvesting spruce and birch blocks.

No problem! Always glad to hear people still use it :p And welcome welcome!

Some good news! After 2 days of scouring YouTube videos of monster grinders and hours of tinkering with them in SP, I think I have finally found something that will work! If this works on the server as good as it does in SP, then you donators are going to be making TNTs like mad. But if it doesn't work that well on the server, sorry for getting your hopes up. :p

Now to just build it...

I found a Desert Temple. First one on the server maybe? Currently hunting down a jungle temple so I can loot it.

Also, yes, I am exploring new chunks. What made you guess that? :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I found a Desert Temple. First one on the server maybe? Currently hunting down a jungle temple so I can loot it.

I'm exploring new chunks on the server too. Though I didn't go far at all before I found a huge ravine in a tundra with abandoned mineshafts at the bottom, and I've been there exploring ever since. I'm building up a village around it, and when thats done I'm going to turn the ravine into a huge branch mine network. And then the hunt for emeralds begins!!!

Though last night I was playing my main world offline and I came across one of the new jungle temples for 1.3. Had some cool traps in it and some nice loot too. I promptly turned it into a new base of mine, lol.

Always good to see new people join, never be afraid to speak up whilst you in the game if you want. We are all there for a good laugh and it is all good fun. But if you just want to find a quiet spot for yourself then that is good too (that is how I started).

Don't be afraid to explore, after all that was one of the reasons for the trim. Just as crazylegzlu explained try and not do it in huge spider like tendrils if possible.

Now speaking of the trim who wants a new "blow crap up" day video ? Good here it is :-

Part 6 Nihontigers tumbling tower, Spawn point splattered and The tri-force terminated.

I have made sure the content should be available to everyone. It runs out WMG are not as big an arsehole as EMI. Anyway enjoy and there are only three more vids left to do now.

-Minsc-

Post-apocalyspe, day three.

I'm currently slaving away in the Nether, piecing things together here and there. Mengy's spawn enclosure is rebuilt and now I'm moving on to restructure that hodge-podge of roads next to it. Even with out blowing the thing up it was still quite a mess.

Post-apocalyspe, day three.

I'm currently slaving away in the Nether, piecing things together here and there. Mengy's spawn enclosure is rebuilt and now I'm moving on to restructure that hodge-podge of roads next to it. Even with out blowing the thing up it was still quite a mess.

If you need help rebuilding the Nether I'm game. I've been in a tidy up the server mood lately.

Haha, just don't walk in a straight line for 2 hours so the map doesn't end up looking like a spider again. :)

Don't be afraid to explore, after all that was one of the reasons for the trim. Just as crazylegzlu explained try and not do it in huge spider like tendrils if possible.

Now speaking of the trim who wants a new "blow crap up" day video ? Good here it is :-

Part 6 Nihontigers tumbling tower, Spawn point splattered and The tri-force terminated.

I have made sure the content should be available to everyone. It runs out WMG are not as big an arsehole as EMI. Anyway enjoy and there are only three more vids left to do now.

Don't worry, no crazy tendrils, lol. Just been exploring around 1,000-1,200 blocks from Neolantis in the "New Lands"

I'm exploring new chunks on the server too. Though I didn't go far at all before I found a huge ravine in a tundra with abandoned mineshafts at the bottom, and I've been there exploring ever since. I'm building up a village around it, and when thats done I'm going to turn the ravine into a huge branch mine network. And then the hunt for emeralds begins!!!

Though last night I was playing my main world offline and I came across one of the new jungle temples for 1.3. Had some cool traps in it and some nice loot too. I promptly turned it into a new base of mine, lol.

Still looking for a jungle temple. Found a ton of emeralds and diamonds in an abandoned mineshaft in the extreme hills biome (it's at around x=-3700, z=-3000, which is about the edge of my current exploration). I am pleased. :)

Oh, and I found three Zombie Spawners all within walking distance of each other.

Mengy

Still looking for a jungle temple. Found a ton of emeralds and diamonds in an abandoned mineshaft in the extreme hills biome (it's at around x=-3700, z=-3000, which is about the edge of my current exploration). I am pleased. :)

So does that make you the first person on Neocraft to find emeralds? I haven't found any yet on either Neocraft nor my SSP world. I don't really plan on using them for currency, I just want big green shiny blocks. :)

The Harvester's Monster Loot Grinder is now open!

Unfortunately it's not spawning boatloads of monsters like it did in my SP world, but, it still gets the job done.

I put some standing platforms higher up because I thought maybe if people stood closer, it'd spawn more. I'd have to do some number crunching later to see if the hypothesis is correct.

Anywho enjoy! I'm going to put an ice pack on my hand.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen a few people talk about the console version in here before, but there is also an official thread here. Doesn't seem to be nearly as active.

Coming from Jeb in the next update:
g7tDq.png

Cobblestone walls. I've been wanting these for a while, they should look really nice.

And from Dinnerbone:
Minecraft_2012-08-16_13-27-08.png

Frames for items, and pots for plants.
Awesomely enough maps, compasses, and clocks will all be really useful on walls. When you frame a map, it will work as if you were using it. And compasses and clocks will display the proper direction and time. Not only that, but a framed clock will output a redstone signal, depending on day or night. So we now have a functioning day/night sensor.

So a few nice aesthetic items for you decorators out there.

ZZMitch

Ooh that stuff looks really good. I have to get back into Minecraft. I started a marathon Civ 5 game a few weeks back but am almost done!

Mengy

Coming from Jeb in the next update:
g7tDq.png

Cobblestone walls. I've been wanting these for a while, they should look really nice.

And from Dinnerbone:
Minecraft_2012-08-16_13-27-08.png

Frames for items, and pots for plants.
Awesomely enough maps, compasses, and clocks will all be really useful on walls. When you frame a map, it will work as if you were using it. And compasses and clocks will display the proper direction and time. Not only that, but a framed clock will output a redstone signal, depending on day or night. So we now have a functioning day/night sensor.

So a few nice aesthetic items for you decorators out there.

OMG, that all sounds incredibly awesome! Finally a day / night sensor! Time to really delve into redstone technology...

Morokh

Oh god décoration items ! Sweet !!!

Glad to see the trimming of the map went well, i just hope the blaze spawner is still there, can't really see the screens on my crappy iPod

Can't wait to get home to see the videos (one and a half week to go xD )

-Minsc-

Oh god décoration items ! Sweet !!!

Glad to see the trimming of the map went well, i just hope the blaze spawner is still there, can't really see the screens on my crappy iPod

Can't wait to get home to see the videos (one and a half week to go xD )

Ha ha, we never made it to the Blaze Grinder before we realized the nether wasn't backed up. ;)

Mengy

1.4 = Cobblestone walls = I HAVE TO REBUILD MY ENTIRE CASTLE WALLS ;_;

Man, I just realized that with cobble "fence" walls coming up, couple that with upside down cobble stairs and we can now make really nice ramparts and castle walls and such.

I think it's time I start planning another medieval base or castle. It's been a long time since I've built one, but the time will soon be perfect...

Oh and I'm going to put flower pots freaking EVERYWHERE.

Man, I just realized that with cobble "fence" walls coming up, couple that with upside down cobble stairs and we can now make really nice ramparts and castle walls and such.

I think it's time I start planning another medieval base or castle. It's been a long time since I've built one, but the time will soon be perfect...

Oh and I'm going to put flower pots freaking EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, I've been building my medieval-style mountaintop fortress for about 3 months now and I have just put the walls up around the main mountain.

Speaking of which, need to get your guys' opinions on something. One sec while I find it.

Oh, and that day/night sensor will be BEAUTIFUL for my next project. Something something something day/night redstone-powered piston portcullis for the village at the foot of my fortress to keep the villagers safe from zombies something something something

-Minsc-

FYI

I saw this in a thread on Minecraft Forums.

Mad_Hat said:
A little FYI to everyone that is having problems with pistons on servers. If it is a 1.3.1 Bukkit server, there is currently a bug with pistons that is unrelated to the 1.3.1 changes to pistons. If a piston is pulled by a sticky piston into a pre-powered position it won't activate, where as in single player or vanilla multiplayer it will. There is a proposed fix for it, we're just waiting for that to be promoted to an official dev build.

This explains why couldn't get the 1.3.1 fix for my door to work.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Oh wow. This game is advancing faster with Jeb in charge than when Notch was running it. Been waiting for stone walls (I assume they're also 1.5 blocks high as well) forever. And the frames and pots are so cool. Decorations for our houses. Hell yeah.

Also, they really should consider making that day/night sensor thing real anyway. It would be so useful if it were set to the right times. i.e. right before enemies spawn and right after sun rise.

Mengy

Sorry to burst your bubble (and mine!) but it's not true - see the comments here, it was a Twitter miscommunication.

Well that's sad. The community has wanted a day/night sensor for a long time now.

The patch still sounds great though.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
You can build one with redstone ... it's just needlessly complex.
Actually, there are multiple ways. And the one I saw once didn't require much more than a piston and some redstone. It relied on water and dirt changing from dirt to grass and back. Personally I don't trust these and think they should just make one official already.

georgc

Hey gaf I've been away from Minecraft for a few months I want to get back into it and I want to see what I have to do to be able to move blocks on Neocraft. my username for minecraft is the same that I have for gaf.

How bout escalators and elevators? Maybe a nuclear power plant.

Some other features:

coal blocks
Redstone blocks
a rune translator for the enchantment table

Also, what are the chances that the XBox360 version will catch up with the pc?

Hey gaf I've been away from Minecraft for a few months I want to get back into it and I want to see what I have to do to be able to move blocks on Neocraft. my username for minecraft is the same that I have for gaf.

Send Ark a PM with your name on Minecraft and he'll add you to the whitelist eventually.

Morokh

Personally I don't trust these and think they should just make one official already.

they work great the only problem you might encounter is a little delay.

The other solution is a villager trapped outside of his house with his door wired, much quicker

As for the 360 version it may eventually catch up with the pc one in time but not quite yet, and the limited map size is quite a big deal

Just a heads up:

Saturday at 3 p.m. Eastern (noon Pacific, 7 p.m. GMT) will be the lighting ceremony over at The Torch at my fortress. Everyone's invited to come visit. There will be cake and fire and I'm recording it as an intro for one of my NihonTiger on NeoCraft episodes in the near future. :)

Also, Episode 21 is going up tonight/tomorrow. It's caving adventures with myself and Minsc. Probably the most unintentionally hilarious episode I've done to date because I do a few really stupid things. :p

-Minsc-

Just a heads up:

Saturday at 3 p.m. Eastern (noon Pacific, 7 p.m. GMT) will be the lighting ceremony over at The Torch at my fortress. Everyone's invited to come visit. There will be cake and fire and I'm recording it as an intro for one of my NihonTiger on NeoCraft episodes in the near future. :)

Also, Episode 21 is going up tonight/tomorrow. It's caving adventures with myself and Minsc. Probably the most unintentionally hilarious episode I've done to date because I do a few really stupid things. :p

Sounds cool, though I won't be able to make it. Cows don't milk themselves. Now, if you hold off 3-4 hours I can be there no problem. ;)

Our caving adventure, I was wondering if you recorded that.

It looks like we are getting paintable armor in 1.4:

Is it all armour or just leather armor?

Sounds cool, though I won't be able to make it. Cows don't milk themselves. Now, if you hold off 3-4 hours I can be there no problem. ;)

Our caving adventure, I was wondering if you recorded that.

Sure did record it. All three-ish hours.

And I picked that time as I thought it'd be busiest but it might be delayed if no one's on, lol.

Top Bottom