• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
That's nice.

Now give us the ability to paint stone!

Lol paintable armor... Give us armor that actually looks nice enough to paint.

Personally I was thinking paintable wooden planks. Paintable stone would be cool too.

You are all missing the most important dye-able thing, and so is Jeb:

STAINED GLASS!!!!

For crying out loud, it's only been one of the most asked for things for the past year and a half...:(

Still, paintable armor is kinda neat. I'll be making a red white and blue patriotic set of armor!

ZZMitch

Don't go watch my video from Blow Crap Up Day. I may or may not have left you a present in it.

I did.

Hahaha. That was good. My amazing portcullis was my own invention good sir, I would never sink so low to steal ideas from a lions fan. It's not like I went to your castle and took screenshots of your redstone from every angle or anything. I mean come on!

But for real, good stuff! I watched the whole video.

Hahaha. That was good. My amazing portcullis was my own invention good sir, I would never sink so low to steal ideas from a lions fan. It's not like I went to your castle and took screenshots of your redstone from every angle or anything. I mean come on!

But for real, good stuff! I watched the whole video.

Haha, thanks. :) The portcullis thing was a bit of a joke, of course!

ZZMitch

Haha, thanks. :) The portcullis thing was a bit of a joke, of course!

Haha I know, I was joking too. On top of watching a YouTube video on it I also took a few screenies of your handiwork! :p

Now I have to figure out how to get that + my 3x3 piston doors working again post 1.3.

It looks like we are getting paintable armor in 1.4:

OMG ........ OHHHHHHH MY GOD paintable Armour I mean just like OMG we can actually paint our shitty armour now. I have lost count of the number of times people have said "I really wish we could paint our shitty armour". Actually that is a lie I have never lost count I never even started counting the number of people cos I never saw anyone ask for such a shitty feature.

I really do not get Jeb and Mojang sometimes. There are plenty of other features (such as stained glass) that the community has been screaming for ages for. Yet they ignore these much wanted features and implement something as moronic as being able to paint your armour. Ah well just another feature I can ignore.

Anyway Neocraft talk, there is a strange rumour that ARK has returned to us. There was even some graffiti over at Xun's new Disney Castle build (yeah you read it right he is starting again) :-

OagXl.jpg

Whilst I am here lets see how well Neolantis is doing :-

pZZaD.jpg

Oh isn't she just as pretty as a peach. Then at night she becomes a beacon of hope for all those that are exploring and needlessly expanding the map :-

jHwWE.jpg

Right time to annoy people on Neocraft.

Woorloog

Banned
You are all missing the most important dye-able thing, and so is Jeb:

STAINED GLASS!!!!

For crying out loud, it's only been one of the most asked for things for the past year and a half...:(

Still, paintable armor is kinda neat. I'll be making a red white and blue patriotic set of armor!

We need painted planks/stairs/plank slabs as well. Painted fences as well.

We're bringing it back!

7S8v0.jpg

I'm trying to see what kind of support we have for building a new Arkyo on the new server? This time, in a very mountainous region.

Ark

I'm game to contribute to a new Arkyo once I finish my castle, that'll take some time though.

Also, EVIL sent Xun a PM who then sent it to me about possibly starting a community project to build this bad boy:

Gauging interest.

I'm down for anything once I get my track done. I dunno how something like that would work with the height restrictions because that looks ridiculously huge, but it would be really cool if we pulled it off.

Please tell me we'd be put in creative for something like that.

I'm down for helping with both projects. Also just so everyone knows we are working on making the Jungle Dome (Foxtrot) into a Hunger Games style PvP arena. So if anyone is down for some PvP let us know so we can see who will use it first when it's ready.

Ranger X

I sort of have a problem lately with Minecraft. I've been waiting a long time for 1.3 because there was so much stuff gradually added in there. Then the stuff just keeps on coming. Now it's getting to the point I don't even want to play and start a new world because I feel there's too much stuff that will come soon again. So basically I'm not playing and waiting forever? lol

Seriously, this game can't stop giving and I wonder what strategy I will use to play it (wierd thing to say, I know).

Hey Minecraft gaf, started off on the 360 version of mc and decided to dip my toes in the PC version. I joined the community server, but I believe I need to pm someone to actually get some building rights. Can I get a guide to whom I must pm?

Hey Minecraft gaf, started off on the 360 version of mc and decided to dip my toes in the PC version. I joined the community server, but I believe I need to pm someone to actually get some building rights. Can I get a guide to whom I must pm?

Send Ark a PM with your name on Minecraft and he'll add you to the whitelist eventually, and welcome aboard. :)

Mengy

I'm game to contribute to a new Arkyo once I finish my castle, that'll take some time though.

Also, EVIL sent Xun a PM who then sent it to me about possibly starting a community project to build this bad boy:

Gauging interest.

Why don't we make this with a Japanese theme? Kind of mix the Arkyoto style with this mountain / waterfall / cliff village style? New Arkyoto could be a reminder of the old mixed with something new!

Ark

Please tell me we'd be put in creative for something like that.

For something on that kind of scale, I wouldn't have any qualms about that :p

Why don't we make this with a Japanese theme? Kind of mix the Arkyoto style with this mountain / waterfall / cliff village style? New Arkyoto could be a reminder of the old mixed with something new!

Not a bad idea actually. Terraforming the land will be the most difficult part.

-Minsc-

I'm down for helping with both projects. Also just so everyone knows we are working on making the Jungle Dome (Foxtrot) into a Hunger Games style PvP arena. So if anyone is down for some PvP let us know so we can see who will use it first when it's ready.

I have the logic gate for that trap we were working on yesterday. Just need you there now to help orient everything. :)

As if we needed another project, I'm also thinking of building a village at the foot of my fortress when all is said and done. If anyone wants to help with that in the future, let me know. I'm torn between building it more like a medieval city (a la the old parts of Rome or Paris) or just a rural mountain village. If you guys have some suggestions, I'll be happy to take them. :)

Should I just remove the cow, chicken, and pig pens from the Harvester? Make it all sheep?

Also, can I start a project in the water, next to Neolantis? It'll be out of loading range/view distance

Rokam

Desert Temple location (closest warp is Skycity)
x -1206
z 2571

Feel free to take the sandstone, there's a few in the chests at the bottom as well. The rest of the stuff in the chests is just my storage till I find a location I like.

Morokh

Should I just remove the cow, chicken, and pig pens from the Harvester? Make it all sheep?

Also, can I start a project in the water, next to Neolantis? It'll be out of loading range/view distance

Keeping the chickens might be an idea since you can take the eggs and have chicken from them, maybe make some kind of egg harvester instead.

And if you haven't done it already you should put an enderchest in the collection area of the grinder, and we should all place one in convenient places in our bases and along the roads and all

Ok! A caffeine fueled Minecraft session got me to update my Harvester even more!

6nJfT.jpg

A few little details have changed here and there to make the place look nicer. I'm sure people will notice them around :)

---
p4BTJ.jpg

A complete redo of the work room. Still has everything! Brewing stands, furnaces, work benches, and storage for... whatever.

---
VXee2.jpg

I made the cocoa beans and vines share a space since they're both jungle-y.

---
mv6R0.jpg

No more grass around the trees! Birch wood makes the Harvester pop! Complete with redstone lamps. (Thanks again for the help, Crazy!)

---
E1UbX.jpg

Last, but not least, there are no more cows and pigs. It it now just a giant sheep haven! The eyesore on the right is a chicken coop. I'll have to deal with that later.

So basically you are asking whether you should turn it into a welsh holiday resort :-D (note I am half welsh so by law I am legally entitled to make welsh sheep shagging jokes).

I don't have any issues with having a neighbour. Although the last neighbour I had started this castle and never finished it ;-) but I don't hold grudges. Neolantis won't expand any further than it's current dimensions so there is tons of space around there. Don't worry about it being out of loading range/view distance (unless you don't want to see the great stonking neolantis) it would be rather nice to see some other activity around the area.

-Minsc-

This Rainbow Road from SMK is turning in to a fun project.

SHOW HIGHLIGHTS:

-Survival Mode
-In da End!
-Storing the majority of my wool and other supplies in an ender chest then hauling it around the track. You just know I'm going to forget that shift key.
-Probably the most exciting part, constructing the "?" blocks. Place a 2x2 square of redstone lamps. Dump a bucket of water on the edge of the track, swim down, then set two levers on the underside of the lamps to light them and then head back topside.

If someone wants to give me a hand you are more than welcome to. I have a MSP file to work off. Just start at the other end of the track and we'll go until we meet.

Mengy

In my opinion the cows should stay, as leather is now needed to make books. Not to mention the beef steaks. Pigs are less important as they only give food and with both cow and chicken you really don't need it. I always have pig pens however, simply because pigs are my favorite Minecraft animal. I need pig sounds at my bases, lol. I also like stray chickens wandering my bases too.

This game makes me weird.

So basically you are asking whether you should turn it into a welsh holiday resort :-D (note I am half welsh so by law I am legally entitled to make welsh sheep shagging jokes).

There's a Welsh YouTuber who plays Minecraft named Millbee. His skin is a rainbow-colored sheep.

Yep.

Also, he's hilarious: Folks were complaining about his texture pack, so
he replaced it with the Matt Damon one and pretended like nothing was different for the entire video. It's beautiful.

Ranger X

Cows and Chiken are a must imo.
Chikens are the only thing giving feathers, to create the only worthwhile and totally overpowered weapon in the game: the bow and arrow.
Cows are also giving at least 3 things like milk, food and leather. This is very convenient. Also, to the contrary of pigs, they ALWAYS drop alot of stuff when you kill them.
Pigs however are pretty much useless now.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
There's a Welsh YouTuber who plays Minecraft named Millbee. His skin is a rainbow-colored sheep.

Yep.

Also, he's hilarious: Folks were complaining about his texture pack, so
he replaced it with the Matt Damon one and pretended like nothing was different for the entire video. It's beautiful.
"Looks like there's a Full Damon out tonight."

Mikor

The still absent API is rather aggravating. There's so many things I want to do with this game, that just isn't feasible without a proper API. Grrrr....

Caught this render r/minecraft

WOW. It's been a very, very long time since I've been impressed with Minecraft shots. That render is awesome!

*train chime sound*

Attention, NeoCraft Metro riders:

We are pleased to present to you a map of the current NeoCraft Metro service areas, featuring the following lines:

Sky City Line - includes Mengy Spur from Desert Station and planned Mackville service from Desert Station

Master Sword/Observation Deck Line

Dome City Line - includes Oasis Extension, Neolantis Extension (transfer to Echo Dome) and Stronghold Spur (transfer to Dome 2). Further inset map of Dome City internal rail service coming soon.

Map is not to scale, lines are illustrated based on approximate paths

**CONSTRUCTION UPDATE**

Construction is currently ongoing on the Oasis Extension at NihonTiger's Fortress Station. Please note there may be occasional delays along the Oasis Extension until construction is complete and the station is open. Signage at Dome City has already been updated to reflect the new addition.

Mengy

*train chime sound*

Attention, NeoCraft Metro riders:

We are pleased to present to you a map of the current NeoCraft Metro service areas, featuring the following lines:

Sky City Line - includes Mengy Spur from Desert Station and planned Mackville service from Desert Station

Master Sword/Observation Deck Line

Dome City Line - includes Oasis Extension, Neolantis Extension (transfer to Echo Dome) and Stronghold Spur (transfer to Dome 2). Further inset map of Dome City internal rail service coming soon.

Map is not to scale, lines are illustrated based on approximate paths

**CONSTRUCTION UPDATE**

Construction is currently ongoing on the Oasis Extension at NihonTiger's Fortress Station. Please note there may be occasional delays along the Oasis Extension until construction is complete and the station is open. Signage at Dome City has already been updated to reflect the new addition.

Great map. Though the Neolantis spur is deceptively short on the map, in actuality that run is LOONNNGGGGG. I've ridden it a few times, I now keep my C++ programming book at deskside for reading material on the trip, lol.

Top Bottom