• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Great map. Though the Neolantis spur is deceptively short on the map, in actuality that run is LOONNNGGGGG. I've ridden it a few times, I now keep my C++ programming book at deskside for reading material on the trip, lol.

It is, lol. I made it too short because it was otherwise going to go well off the map itself :p

I'm currently building a line from Spawn Central right to Mackville if you want to add that to the diagram. It's totally awesome that you've made this btw. :-D Also if you're interested Mengy we can run a line from Spawn Central to your fortress we've still got a few stations empty.

I'm currently building a line from Spawn Central right to Mackville if you want to add that to the diagram. It's totally awesome that you've made this btw. :-D Also if you're interested Mengy we can run a line from Spawn Central to your fortress we've still got a few stations empty.

Actually, have a question about that line as well. Had an idea. Need to plan it out a bit but I'll cook something up tonight.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Crazy, I built a desert rail station between spawn and the pyramid, and I have a spur from there to my fortress. (it's the one that goes underwater near my fortress on the map) So no, I don't think I need a second line from spawn to it too. I also put an opening at the desert station that is right in line for Mackville, but if you are building one from spawn to Mackville then it can go unused, or even towards a different destination.

There is a gate at the Dome City Station that is labeled as "to Mengy's Fortress" that can be used for something else now too. I keep meaning to go to Dome City and remove that sign, but I always get sidetracked doing something else in game.

Man I just had an awesome idea for a new Dome. Upgrade the Dome City Station to a much larger dome, where there is a huge map of the rail line system on the floor of the dome. Make the Dome into a huge map room! It would of course have to be big enough to allow for future expansion of the rail system too. Use colored wool to map out the various lines and spurs, and put signs at each destination and station labeling them. Maybe even note down the travel distances on signs, like mile marker posts.

Actually that would be a cool idea for a spawn point Central Station too...

*train chime sound*

Attention, NeoCraft Metro riders:

We are pleased to present to you a map of the current NeoCraft Metro service areas, featuring the following lines:

Niceeeeeeeeeeee who would've thought we had so many Hornby railway enthusiasts on Neocraft ;-) . Oh and Crazy I expect to see that cool "Neocraft Metro" symbol outside EVERY station .......... I kid I kid. When I pop on later I will sort out the echo dome substation so that the lines meet up.

Love the way Crazy and Nihon are going with this, great to see :-D

Man I just had an awesome idea for a new Dome. Upgrade the Dome City Station to a much larger dome, where there is a huge map of the rail line system on the floor of the dome. Make the Dome into a huge map room! It would of course have to be big enough to allow for future expansion of the rail system too. Use colored wool to map out the various lines and spurs, and put signs at each destination and station labeling them. Maybe even note down the travel distances on signs, like mile marker posts.

That might be "problematic" I certainly don't mind making the dome bigger. However there would be a limit to it's size due to it's proximity to other buildings. I will have a look a little later on and see what could be done.

On another note about the colouring (think it is great we have different coloured lines). I was wondering if we shouldn't entertain the idea of making the actual lines the colour they are meant to be so the green line is made from green wool etc etc. If that is a bit much we could just do say the roof in the appropriate colouring or a line of colour down the sides of the tracks.

Mengy

On another note about the colouring (think it is great we have different coloured lines). I was wondering if we shouldn't entertain the idea of making the actual lines the colour they are meant to be so the green line is made from green wool etc etc. If that is a bit much we could just do say the roof in the appropriate colouring or a line of colour down the sides of the tracks.

I have grown to like the steel look of most of the line. I think recoloring all the blocks in each line would be overkill and would look kind of silly. However, adding some colored wool blocks along each line would look great. Like maybe just the middle of the rings that are every 20 blocks or so, the rings that are at each booster track. Just a patch of color to let you know which line you are on, like paint splotches on trees along hiking paths in state parks for example.

And yeah, maybe Dome City is the wrong place for a map room anyway. If we were going to have one it should be right at spawn. And besides, a squarish building would work better for a map room station than a circle. Like a huge Grand Central Station type building, where the floor is also a huge map of the network.

I have grown to like the steel look of most of the line. I think recoloring all the blocks in each line would be overkill and would look kind of silly. However, adding some colored wool blocks along each line would look great. Like maybe just the middle of the rings that are every 20 blocks or so, the rings that are at each booster track. Just a patch of color to let you know which line you are on, like paint splotches on trees along hiking paths in state parks for example.

And yeah, maybe Dome City is the wrong place for a map room anyway. If we were going to have one it should be right at spawn. And besides, a squarish building would work better for a map room station than a circle. Like a huge Grand Central Station type building, where the floor is also a huge map of the network.

Yeah, since you have the spur off to your fortress from the other station the one from spawn would be pretty much overkill since your fortress is so close to spawn. Also, maybe we could do some type of board at spawn using wool to diagram the rail system there? Since most new people would be the ones that need to know it.

I think we can use the current Sky City Line spur to Mackville from Desert Station, actually.

I did a graphic of this, but my proposal would be:

-Extend Orange Line to Mackville
-Build Orange Line station at Heaven's Reach (Nine's old RPG-style town) and build an extension of the Orange Line from there to my fortress, then to points north or west from there.
- Build Sky City Line extension to Mackville

What that does is create direct connections between all three main lines without having to go back through Spawn Central every single time. The transfer points would be at my fortress and Mackville, with possible extensions going on past those two stations as we build outward on the map.

It's a lot like how a real rail system would be set up, with the Desert-Mackville-NihonTiger's Fortress-Dome City path forming like a beltway around the rail line and allowing for future transfer points.

I'd also like to build the Pink Line or a Green Line extension from Dome City that goes to Mob Rushmore, the Harvester and terminates at Hooper Farms (aka Minsc's place).

BTW, what depth is the line, Crazy? I'm wondering if you're going to intersect my private rail line from my fortress to my old home in Pioneer Town.

Don't forget the Nautilus railway, Neocraft 2.0's first underwater railway, for your map, Nihon :D If only to give justice to the amount of times I drowned while making it, hah.

It takes you from just down the road from spawn to near Mengy's fortress, and I use it as a good middleground for being able to get to New Castleton and the surrounding areas that the existing railways don't lead to.

-SD-

Banned
New pics of my SSP mega-build. Still working on the pillars and the outer wall. When the job is complete, it's time to light up the place.

Ark

Putting in a request that a platform at Spawn Central is left open for a line to my castle & Otamin's new Disney castle, if possible?

Overdoziz

Banned
Question: Is there a farm on the server which has sheep that are in separate fields based on their color? I've been trying to get a load of green, black and white wool but having to run through a ton of sheep with all kinds of different colors becomes a bit annoying.

Mengy

Err, just East of Mob Rushmore, you can't miss Otamin's giant flat square of land :p

WOW, I've never seen Mob Rushmore before! It took me awhile to find it on the map, but from Ark's directions up there I was able to find it. I'm gonna have to check that out tonight!

Neocraft's online map is now updated:

Neocraft Map

I see a Mario Kart track on there! :)

Okay this is too freaking cool! I can see my house(That's currently being worked on!!) I found my little house on this giant-antic map! xD It's right next to that giant beam of water! I have to go check that out, didn't know that was even out there!

I think we can use the current Sky City Line spur to Mackville from Desert Station, actually.

I did a graphic of this, but my proposal would be:

-Extend Orange Line to Mackville
-Build Orange Line station at Heaven's Reach (Nine's old RPG-style town) and build an extension of the Orange Line from there to my fortress, then to points north or west from there.
- Build Sky City Line extension to Mackville

What that does is create direct connections between all three main lines without having to go back through Spawn Central every single time. The transfer points would be at my fortress and Mackville, with possible extensions going on past those two stations as we build outward on the map.

It's a lot like how a real rail system would be set up, with the Desert-Mackville-NihonTiger's Fortress-Dome City path forming like a beltway around the rail line and allowing for future transfer points.

I'd also like to build the Pink Line or a Green Line extension from Dome City that goes to Mob Rushmore, the Harvester and terminates at Hooper Farms (aka Minsc's place).

BTW, what depth is the line, Crazy? I'm wondering if you're going to intersect my private rail line from my fortress to my old home in Pioneer Town.

Sounds like a plan. I'll get with you in-game to make sure we understand what all we are going to build. The orange line to Mackville is around a depth of 45 or 46 can't remember which exactly. I'm almost to the point that I'm going to start coming out of the ground and haven't hit anything yet, but if I did I'd go over or around it. Also, the rail going to Mackville ends at a small dome there so we could use that as a hub if needed.

Sounds like a plan. I'll get with you in-game to make sure we understand what all we are going to build. The orange line to Mackville is around a depth of 45 or 46 can't remember which exactly. I'm almost to the point that I'm going to start coming out of the ground and haven't hit anything yet, but if I did I'd go over or around it. Also, the rail going to Mackville ends at a small dome there so we could use that as a hub if needed.

Alright, 45 or 46 should be good enough to avoid hitting the smaller line. I'm only around 55, I think, and I can otherwise fix it up if there's a problem.

Here's a basic visual mock-up of my earlier proposal:

ypx96.png

This way, it allows for future expansion along the Orange Line without folks having to go all the way back to Spawn Central to switch lines. And you get a nice inner loop to expand off of around Pioneer Town with the Mackville-Desert-Spawn Central-Heaven's Reach loop.

*train chime sound*

Attention, NeoCraft Metro riders:

We are pleased to present to you an updated map of the current and future NeoCraft Metro service areas, featuring the following lines:

Sky City Line - includes Mengy Spur from Desert Station and planned Mackville service from Desert Station

Master Sword/Observation Deck Line

Dome City Line - includes Oasis Extension, Neolantis Extension (via Echo Dome) and Stronghold Spur (transfer to Dome 2).

*NEW* Orange Line - Future direct service to Mackville and NihonTiger's Fortress, with a stop at Heaven's Reach. Expansion to other parts of the map along the Mackville and Fortress branches is also likely.

Map is not to scale, lines are illustrated based on approximate paths

Pioneer Town, which is without service due to Spawn Central's proximity, is pinpointed on the map.

Mapping of the Nautilus Line and Nautilus Line Ferry services is ongoing and will be added with the next update.

Alright, 45 or 46 should be good enough to avoid hitting the smaller line. I'm only around 55, I think, and I can otherwise fix it up if there's a problem.

Here's a basic visual mock-up of my earlier proposal:

ypx96.png

This way, it allows for future expansion along the Orange Line without folks having to go all the way back to Spawn Central to switch lines. And you get a nice inner loop to expand off of around Pioneer Town with the Mackville-Desert-Spawn Central-Heaven's Reach loop.

I've finished the tunnel for Orange I still need to lay tracks and all that though. I'll work with you to get that Heaven's Reach terminal in the right spot since the track is underground at that point. Also, Mackroid had me bring the rail into the dome on the side of his place and not the middle so I'll use that dome as the hub for the line that goes out to the desert, if that's okay?

Overdoziz

Banned
I've been having an issue on Neocraft for the past week or so. Every now and then I would put stuff in chests and after I'm done doing that the items just pop back into my inventory. It's becoming increasingly annoying. I don't have any other lag issues, I can place and remove blocks just fine, I can fight and interact with mobs just fine, I have a full green bar and I'm located in The Netherlands close to where the server is located so I don't get what the cause of this is. :/

-Minsc-

I've been having an issue on Neocraft for the past week or so. Every now and then I would put stuff in chests and after I'm done doing that the items just pop back into my inventory. It's becoming increasingly annoying. I don't have any other lag issues, I can place and remove blocks just fine, I can fight and interact with mobs just fine, I have a full green bar and I'm located in The Netherlands close to where the server is located so I don't get what the cause of this is. :/

I've had that happen a few times since the update to 1.3. I'm assuming it's a bukkit lag bug or something.

celebi23

So, I was wondering if you guys would be interested on a project that I'm working on. I extracted the skins from the first XBLA Skin pack & the Summer of Arcade pack. I'll also do the same when the 2nd skin pack comes out on Friday. I'm creating a website that will have all of the skins and a preview of what each one looks like & an easy link below each one to change your Minecraft skin. Here's a very rough verison of what I've got so far:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17689746/Minecraft_skins/index.html

Would you guys be interested in my continuing this?

spuit*11

Banned
So, I was wondering if you guys would be interested on a project that I'm working on. I extracted the skins from the first XBLA Skin pack & the Summer of Arcade pack. I'll also do the same when the 2nd skin pack comes out on Friday. I'm creating a website that will have all of the skins and a preview of what each one looks like & an easy link below each one to change your Minecraft skin. Here's a very rough verison of what I've got so far:

I think there would be a lot of interest in this.

Plonk down some ads on there and post the link on the official Minecraft forums.

Make maybe a little bit of cash. Get some e-fame etc.

Overdoziz

Banned

Do the Master Chief one please. :)

Taffer

God yeah, I want the horrifying squid skin so much.
EDIT: Got it, awesome, thanks a million.

celebi23

Plonk down some ads on there and post the link on the official Minecraft forums.

Do the Master Chief one please. :)
God yeah, I want the horrifying squid skin so much.
EDIT: Got it, awesome, thanks a million.

Awesome :D I'll finish the rest of the first skin pack later today.

So you're seriously suggesting he make money off of releasing Microsoft's pay-for skins to the public?

Doesn't this sound at least a little bit, well, illegal? Releasing them for free is a bit murkier morally (I think it's still illegal to release paid content for free, although in this particular instance I can't say as I particularly care one way or the other), but making money off of doing it just screams "wrong".

Overdoziz

Banned
I've had that happen a few times since the update to 1.3. I'm assuming it's a bukkit lag bug or something.
It's happening to me practically 90% of the times that I grab some out a chest or put something in. Yesterday I grabbed shears and when I used it on a sheep it turned into 49 wooden blocks which I just deposited in a chest of mine a minute before that. Needless to say it's quite the annoyance. :|

celebi23

So you're seriously suggesting he make money off of releasing Microsoft's pay-for skins to the public?

Doesn't this sound at least a little bit, well, illegal? Releasing them for free is a bit murkier morally (I think it's still illegal to release paid content for free, although in this particular instance I can't say as I particularly care one way or the other), but making money off of doing it just screams "wrong".

Don't worry, I have no intention of putting up ads to make money off of this. I might not even share the site with the public (just share it with my friends). I changed the url of the newer version of the site. The one I posted I removed. I'm not sure of the legality of sharing these skins with a large amount of people.

Trying to find a good place to start digging and building where it won't be a hindrance to anyone else... feels like I am walking quite a ways.

Found a spot that looks good.

Does anyone know how to create copies of maps on single player? I'd like to do some exploring without worrying about fear of permanantly losing my progress if I happen to die. I'd like to have a central map to keep at my spawning area and a few others handy to take along with me as I expand beyond the borders of my main map.

Also, I'm planning on creating a perimeter monorail system to get me to the edge of the maps, North, East, West, South. How much iron and gold will be needed to get a railroad from the spawn point of my map (the center) to the northern edge of the map. I have no desert biome nearby my spawn point, which also happens to serve as my main resource gathering area. And I've explored every inch of area on my map, and there are no deserts or mushroom biomes to be found conveniently nearby.

Also, how common is it to abandon an epic minesystem once you've got a warehouse going? I've contemplate doing so, but I've invested so much time on it. Alot of my valuable resources are stored there, and I'm hesitant at the idea of having to create new wheat farms or having to scour the countryside for more animals to house at a new farm.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how to create copies of maps on single player? I'd like to do some exploring without worrying about fear of permanantly
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves

or go to the windows start menu, type %appdata% in search and press enter. the roaming page should open. just go into your .minecraft folder and backup your saves folder. you should already know the name of your map, so if the shit hits the fan just replace it with the backup.

Edit: I apologise for not reading the rest of your post and answering, I had a tiring day at work. I feel worn out. :( Good luck with whatever you do.

Overdoziz

Banned
So this is the glitch I've been talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd14Ch_-aiU

Apparently it can happen in singleplayer too for some people. It wasn't happening to me earlier today when I was alone on the server but when I logged in while other people were on it started occurring right away. So weird. Neocraft is still running on an old version of MC, right? Hopefully it's already fixed in the newest version or will be fixed soon, it makes it practically impossible to work with chests properly.

So here is where I settled. I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes here in this area. Aside from the metro line it looked relatively barren and free for development. If its an issue let me know and I can move.

As far as I know the only one building anything near there is Ninefingers and he is at least 500 or so blocks away from you. If there is no visible sign of anyone "claiming" the area then don't worry too much about it. We aren't that strict about things ;-) (I do know where you are coming from though, when I first started I worried about stepping on peoples toes).

One note about the rail routes around the server, if you wish to build near them then feel free (if there is no rail station in the immediate area say 250 blocks) then feel free to add a rail station to the routes just check with either me, Crazylegzlu or Nihontiger before you add the station. If you want to build under them then no probs, over them that's fine and hell if you want to incorporate them so they pass right through your build not a problem.

Mengy

So here is where I settled. I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes here in this area. Aside from the metro line it looked relatively barren and free for development. If its an issue let me know and I can move.

One note about the rail routes around the server, if you wish to build near them then feel free (if there is no rail station in the immediate area say 250 blocks) then feel free to add a rail station to the routes just check with either me, Crazylegzlu or Nihontiger before you add the station. If you want to build under them then no probs, over them that's fine and hell if you want to incorporate them so they pass right through your build not a problem.

On that note, Xeno I have started a rail station at the 90 degree bend in the railway just above the area you are settling. It doesn't show up on the map yet but it's there in game, a round substation just like the one at Neolantis. I have to finish it to make it accessible from the ground, but this will let you easily use the railway from close by your home. At this point it's just a station with no new spurs, in fact the minecart won't even stop as it now just trucks on through the station. Eventually though I'd like it to have a branch heading north to an emerald mining town I started in the new chunk generation.

microtubule

New weekly snapshot is up at Mojang.com Some interesting additions coming!!

12w34a

Added item frames
Added cobblestone walls (yes, mossy too)
Maps now align to a grid, making it easier to create adjacent maps. Maps can also be cloned
Stairs now auto-arrange into corners. This is a test and may change based on feedback
Mobs can travel through portals
Leather clothes can be dyed
Removed the “wip block” from the creative menu
Added two new crops and associated items
F3+P will toggle the auto-pause when the window loses focus (it’s for debugging, mainly)
F3+H will toggle detailed item descriptions (also for debugging)
Added arrow-sensitive wooden buttons
Trapdoors can be placed in top-most position (based on cross-hair aim)

On that note, Xeno I have started a rail station at the 90 degree bend in the railway just above the area you are settling. It doesn't show up on the map yet but it's there in game, a round substation just like the one at Neolantis. I have to finish it to make it accessible from the ground, but this will let you easily use the railway from close by your home. At this point it's just a station with no new spurs, in fact the minecart won't even stop as it now just trucks on through the station. Eventually though I'd like it to have a branch heading north to an emerald mining town I started in the new chunk generation.

Awesome to know. I was wondering about connecting to the railway but if you are starting that I will focus on mining and building my complex, and use the station once it is done to get around. I feel ambitious enough to try and use that whole area I circled, or at least a decent portion of it.

I have to give credit to NihonTiger90's latest video for spurring me to use my citizen status for more then just wandering around and looking at the incredible builds on the server.

As far as I know the only one building anything near there is Ninefingers and he is at least 500 or so blocks away from you. If there is no visible sign of anyone "claiming" the area then don't worry too much about it. We aren't that strict about things ;-) (I do know where you are coming from though, when I first started I worried about stepping on peoples toes).
I thought as much but yeah I wanted to make sure first.

On that note, Xeno I have started a rail station at the 90 degree bend in the railway just above the area you are settling.

Ohhhhhhhhhh it was you that did it, I spent last night interrogating anyone that could move about who built the new station ;-). I was working on the Neolantis line and went through it and thought "WTF I don't remember doing this". Not an issue mind you, good place to put a new station :-D

I have to give credit to NihonTiger90's latest video for spurring me to use my citizen status for more then just wandering around and looking at the incredible builds on the server.

Oh don't say that it will make Nihontiger90 start badgering Ark for "commission" on every new citizen ;-) . Great to have new people on board, the Neocraft server is a genuinely fun place to play minecraft. I always miss the place when I am playing single player.

Oh don't say that it will make Nihontiger90 start badgering Ark for "commission" on every new citizen ;-) . Great to have new people on board, the Neocraft server is a genuinely fun place to play minecraft. I always miss the place when I am playing single player.

I have been a citizen for a bit actually but haven't set roots anywhere until last night. I'll be on much more now. In the past I just aimlessly wandered and checked out the sights as a citizen-tourist.

Ark

I have been a citizen for a bit actually but haven't set roots anywhere until last night. I'll be on much more now. In the past I just aimlessly wandered and checked out the sights as a citizen-tourist.

Even when I'm trying to build I end up just flying around other peoples builds half the time until an idea for what I'm trying to build jumps into my head.

Speaking of building, I won't be on again until Saturday/Sunday, left my castle in a bit of a lull for now, I'll get to finishing it next week :)

Mengy

Ohhhhhhhhhh it was you that did it, I spent last night interrogating anyone that could move about who built the new station ;-). I was working on the Neolantis line and went through it and thought "WTF I don't remember doing this". Not an issue mind you, good place to put a new station :-D.

Yeah, I like the design you have for the Neolantis station, so I figured it would be good to build any stations along that line with the same design. I may even change the look of the Desert Station to match honestly.

Top Bottom