• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Morokh

There is a slime spawner at Neolulu Jungle

a 'cleared' slime chunk might be more accurate :p

Finally back from vacation, and already amazed by the new snapshots :D, have to catch up on some things and will hop on the server later.

@Minsc YOU SILLY MINER ! xD (saw Nihon's video where you go caving together)

Well I was going to play while its slow at work but the connection is laggy for me. Guess I'll have to mine when I get home. Gotta say I am loving Silk Touch, it makes the stone bricks so much easier to create.

ZZMitch

a 'cleared' slime chunk might be more accurate :p

Finally back from vacation, and already amazed by the new snapshots :D, have to catch up on some things and will hop on the server later.

@Minsc YOU SILLY MINER ! xD (saw Nihon's video where you go caving together)

True :p If you use the Neolulu one have a youtube queue going and go AFK heh.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what is causing me to take damage while riding the rail to the enderman grinder? There doesn't appear to be anything there and it only happens when you take the rail. It's about 1.5-2 damage per trip depending on whether you are coming or going.

blamite

Would anyone happen to have an idea why I'm not getting any sound in my game? It still works fine on the Minecraft.net in-browser version, but the desktop version is totally silent.

I'm assuming this is related to installing Windows 8, since I installed it yesterday and first noticed the problem after that (although I hadn't played for a while so it could've started earlier). I've redownloaded the client, and 1.3.2, and reinstalled Java, with no results. Any Idea what I could do now?

Anyone else having problems with the server? I keep getting extreme lag and then lose connection, usually resulting in a java error. Something along the lines of an minecraft internal exception java.net.socketexception: Software caused connection abort: recv failed. I've tried google but no fixes have helped. I was playing fine until yesterday now I get that every five minutes.

Milamber

This is the first time since getting my minecraft account 2 years ago that I am going to play online multiplayer. Anyone have a server that you recommend over the one's listed in the OT or anyone else's? Anything I have to do to get in? My account is 'takahashi69'.

This is the first time since getting my minecraft account 2 years ago that I am going to play online multiplayer. Anyone have a server that you recommend over the one's listed in the OT or anyone else's? Anything I have to do to get in? My account is 'takahashi69'.

I've really only spent a significant time playing on Ark's server so I can't really tell you what any others are like, but if you want to become a citizen on Ark's server you'll need to send him a PM with your MC name.

Brashnir

I had taken a long break from the game, but recently got back into it and decided to build a cathedral, which had always been on my list of projects, but never happened before.

Here's a few pics of the completed structure.

ZbG6l.jpg

LGN3b.jpg

vPApR.jpg

Ra5vv.jpg

jptim.jpg

bBdX3.jpg

zVwN2.jpg

I had taken a long break from the game, but recently got back into it and decided to build a cathedral, which had always been on my list of projects, but never happened before.

Here's a few pics of the completed structure.

Most excellent work, you should consider popping onto the Neocraft server sometime it is great to share completed projects with people and we could do with a fancy Cathedral or two.

On another note I want to encourage people to use the train more often. I know it's tempting to use the warps for instantaneous travel but you see sooooooo much more via the rail system. If I hadn't used the rail system tonight I wouldn't have seen this huge creeper waiting for potential victims :-

GX67D.jpg

Nor would I have seen this squid unsuccessfully attacking the rail line :-

8HjMN.jpg

Finally last but not least I would never have seen Fempig wallowing in her own filth (which is a pretty good description of Mass Effect 3 ........ yes I am still butt hurt at Bioware) :-

ED8gV.jpg

I am sure the artist of these statues is proud of them eh Mr Mackroid ;-)

Ok, so I plan on exploiting the desert temple at x -1200 z 2570 for sandstone. Rokam posted about it a week ago.

Desert Temple location (closest warp is Skycity)
x -1206
z 2571

Feel free to take the sandstone, there's a few in the chests at the bottom as well. The rest of the stuff in the chests is just my storage till I find a location I like.

If nobody plans expanding or adding to it then I will be plundering the sandstone completely, leaving nothing but a nice crater. I just though it would be best to give some kind of notice and if nobody has plans for it then I'll be starting tomorrow.

Rokam

Ok, so I plan on exploiting the desert temple at x -1200 z 2570 for sandstone. Rokam posted about it a week ago.

If nobody plans expanding or adding to it then I will be plundering the sandstone completely, leaving nothing but a nice crater. I just though it would be best to give some kind of notice and if nobody has plans for it then I'll be starting tomorrow.

I'll come get the rest of my crap out of there then!

-Minsc-

The squid is at Mack's place :)

Also, new stuff! NihonTiger on NeoCraft: Episode 23 - Finishing Touches

I talk about stuff in this and no more stupid Torch construction! :D

That was probably my favorite episode in a while. It just felt fun. You felt like you were having fun and everyone else who showed up on the chat felt like they were having fun (well, that comes at no surprise). One thing I haven't been as much of a fan of in your recent videos is the video montages. I felt they made the episodes seem to drag on. With out a montage today, I found the episode to flow much better. :)

That was probably my favorite episode in a while. It just felt fun. You felt like you were having fun and everyone else who showed up on the chat felt like they were having fun (well, that comes at no surprise). One thing I haven't been as much of a fan of in your recent videos is the video montages. I felt they made the episodes seem to drag on. With out a montage today, I found the episode to flow much better. :)

It's something I need to work on. I tend to get too technical in my videos but with 25 and onward, there will be more along the lines of what you saw in 23, mostly because I have no big projects going forward at the moment.

Update on my server issues. :/ I've gone ahead and disabled my firewall, restarted my router, deleted .jar/bin folder deleted/reinstalled java completely and I even pinged the server from my cmd to see if that might show me anything, but I got no packet loss or anything and now most recently joined a random server, to which I had no issues playing on, at all. It seems that only the neocraft server is giving me these connection issues. I no longer get the error I stated earlier(that stopped happening once I turned off my firewall), I'm just getting an "end of stream" error now. Can't play on the server for more than a couple mins. I'm stumped.

Edit:The problem seemingly went away after a while

-Minsc-

Couldn't iron be farmed out of Iron Golem generators?

A person needs to mine for other resources anyway. Dig down to block layer 12 and go diamond hunting by making a branch mine. You'd be surprised how much iron and other resources you begin stocking up by spending a good day or two down there.

-Minsc-

Here's a quick shot of my pigmen grinder preparations.

PigGrinder.png

This will be the collection room. Completely useless being sunk down in a lava lake, but also completely awesome. Once this room is squared away, the next step will be to build a (nice looking) Ghast proof shell above the magma surface to house the actual grinder. I may require donations to bring together all the stone brick and slab to construct it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Curious. At what distance does a chunk stop updating. Like for farming and redstone and such. I'm trying to keep my kingdom self-contained in that no matter where I am inside it, the stuff will all keep updating most of the time.

Is it whatever chunks are loaded and visible? Or is there a separate distance cutoff for stuff like wheat, pumpkins, melons, sugar cane, redstone, grass, animal growing, egg laying, etc?

I know redstone seems to work no matter how far it is because I have a constant 2-clock running that I can see blinking even off in the distance. But I wanted to make sure the farm I have outside my walls is going to keep growing.

I have a feeling it's based on what chunks are loaded period. But I wasn't sure.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm a relatively new player. But does anyone know how long Mojang plans on continuing updating this game?
According to Notch's original statement, until it becomes unprofitable at which point it becomes open source. Of course that was 2 years ago and it's a much bigger thing than it used to be and is helmed by different people more eager to keep refining it.

Long story short, a very long time.

Could you see this game being popular enough for people to be playing it 20 years from now -- sort of like how people are playing Ms. Pacman and Galaga to this day, and how Namco co-ops this by producing new cabinets to this day?

I have so much redstones and wheat seeds it's ridiculous. Any possibility that Mojang can allow the player to create redstone blocks and turn seeds into fuel? Or allow the player to turn dirt and gravel into clay? There's really not alot of incentive to collect these common blocks after you've reached a certain point. For someone with OCD, it must be an absolute nightmare trying to figure out what to do with all of their excessive stock.

I have so much redstones and wheat seeds it's ridiculous. Any possibility that Mojang can allow the player to create redstone blocks and turn seeds into fuel? Or allow the player to turn dirt and gravel into clay? There's really not alot of incentive to collect these common blocks after you've reached a certain point. For someone with OCD, it must be an absolute nightmare trying to figure out what to do with all of their excessive stock.

vqDk7.jpg

Lava Trashcan (Not my picture)

But couldn't they allow you to use seeds as combustible fuel? And as far as I can tell, there are no solid red blocks you can craft, and yet i have tons of redstone that Im not even using.

-Minsc-

But couldn't they allow you to use seeds as combustible fuel? And as far as I can tell, there are no solid red blocks you can craft, and yet i have tons of redstone that Im not even using.

Not much I can say about the wheat seeds. As for the redstone... Head to the Nether and collect piles of glowstone. Combine a glowstone block with four redstone dust to make a redstone lamp. I use them everywhere.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
While excess Clay would be fine for me, I just don't know what else to do with all the extra seeds and tree saplings and such you get from farming. Aside from burning it, it would be nice if the game let you recycle it as something else. Because the ratio you get back every time doubles and triples what you had before and your only other option is to keep building planting fields and doubling them every time you harvest. Or just throw it in a chest or ten. Would be nice if it could be thrown in a furnace and turned into a fuel of some sort. Or fed to animals, though then you'd be removing one of the uses for wheat.

Same with eggs. I have so many chickens because every time they lay eggs, I throw the eggs into an automated dispenser that just fires them back into the chicken coop. I have 300 chickens now. Sure I could eat chicken, but it's only 3 food whereas cows are 4. I'd rather carry 64 beef than 64 chicken. Eggs are only good for throwing at people and making cake. And cake takes way too much effort to be profitable.

-Minsc-

While excess Clay would be fine for me, I just don't know what else to do with all the extra seeds and tree saplings and such you get from farming. Aside from burning it, it would be nice if the game let you recycle it as something else. Because the ratio you get back every time doubles and triples what you had before and your only other option is to keep building planting fields and doubling them every time you harvest. Or just throw it in a chest or ten. Would be nice if it could be thrown in a furnace and turned into a fuel of some sort. Or fed to animals, though then you'd be removing one of the uses for wheat.

Same with eggs. I have so many chickens because every time they lay eggs, I throw the eggs into an automated dispenser that just fires them back into the chicken coop. I have 300 chickens now. Sure I could eat chicken, but it's only 3 food whereas cows are 4. I'd rather carry 64 beef than 64 chicken. Eggs are only good for throwing at people and making cake. And cake takes way too much effort to be profitable.

We'll add it to the long list of features that should, but likely never will, be added to Minecraft. I was just thinking how it would be cool if you could smelt down swords and armor. Maybe get an ingot from them. I know all the gold swords and helms I get from pigmen would be heading to the furnace.

Edit: Check out the villager trading if you haven't. I'm not sure if they take seeds, however, I have seen them take raw chicken.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
We'll add it to the long list of features that should, but likely never will, be added to Minecraft. I was just thinking how it would be cool if you could smelt down swords and armor. Maybe get an ingot from them. I know all the gold swords and helms I get from pigmen would be heading to the furnace.

Edit: Check out the villager trading if you haven't. I'm not sure if they take seeds, however, I have seen them take raw chicken.
I've never seen seeds as a wanted item. And for some reason none of my villagers ever change or add new trades unless I trade to start with, but all their trades are ABSURD. Like asking for so many emeralds just for something stupid. They really need to change their trades every few game days if you ask me.

NihonTiger on NeoCraft: Episode 24 is now up and it's lots of adventuring in the new chunks. I also introduce you to the new ravine mine. It's out west of Neolantis and open to everyone.

Beyond that, I can tell you what was Episode 25 is now Episode 28 because I thought I lost the footage, but just found it today. YAY FOR OUT OF SEQUENCE STUFF.

Toki1776

I've never seen seeds as a wanted item. And for some reason none of my villagers ever change or add new trades unless I trade to start with, but all their trades are ABSURD. Like asking for so many emeralds just for something stupid. They really need to change their trades every few game days if you ask me.

Well, you could build some new houses in the village, get them to breed, and hope for a good trade from the new villager. Another (far more cold-hearted) method is to just kill off a villager with a bad trade, and hope his replacement has decent trades.

They're already too easy to exploit, you wanna make them even easier? :p

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, wonder if i should jump back to PC Minecraft, since i finally have a new laptop. I'd assume this one won't crash and hangup and overheat when trying to playing Minecraft.
Worried about motion sickness though, never figured out how to get rid of that while playing Minecraft, especially when it is random.

Also wondering just how much changes there have been to Neocraft since... about a year ago when i last played there. That was just before the Great Reset i think.

-Minsc-

Ah, wonder if i should jump back to PC Minecraft, since i finally have a new laptop. I'd assume this one won't crash and hangup and overheat when trying to playing Minecraft.
Worried about motion sickness though, never figured out how to get rid of that while playing Minecraft, especially when it is random.

Also wondering just how much changes there have been to Neocraft since... about a year ago when i last played there. That was just before the Great Reset i think.

A whole new world my friend.

There have been many many changes to Minecraft over the past year. It should feel quite fresh when you hop back on.

Ranger X

There's an option to remove the window movement when walking. This should help your motion sickness I guess. And don't play with wider field of view.

-Minsc-

Hey there members of NeoCraft!

As you may or may not know, I am in the process of building a zombie pigmen gold farm. What you likely don't know is it requires 540 sticky pistons. That's 540 slimes and iron ingots. While I personally have no issue with others using creative to spawn blocks, for my own builds I like to keep them as so called "legit" as possible.

I am looking for donations for survival obtained slime balls and iron ingots. Collecting all these resources, especially the slimes, I don't see as being feasible for one to go at alone. Let see NeoCraft how much we can conjure together as a collective. Even if we only we only pool half the resources it will still be a great help.

Top Bottom