• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

-SD-

Banned
New Chunky render of Mineshaft. This time it's night time. The default emitters value is nearly doubled for this pic. SPP count is 2000. Took 11 hours on my Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz with 4GB of 800MHz DDR 2 RAM.

minecraft_mineshaft_wjpjlu.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
since you craft wither dudes, couldnt you just surround them with tnt and blow em up upon spawn?
figure out the distance needed to get him down to near zero hp and then finish him with a bow.

Xun

New Chunky render of Mineshaft. This time it's night time. The default emitters value is nearly doubled for this pic. SPP count is 2000. Took 11 hours on my Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz with 4GB of 800MHz DDR 2 RAM.

minecraft_mineshaft_wjpjlu.png
Looks great dude, but did it seriously take 11 hours to render?

It would be nice if Minecraft looked like that, but it obviously wouldn't be possible with Java.

-SD-

Banned
did it seriously take 11 hours to render?
Yes, 11 hours. Naturally, with a four-core-CPU it would've taken half that time.

I'm no expert, but I guess it took so long because of the amount of light emitters in the scene?

Even with 2000 SPP's it's quite grainy-looking...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
A friend and I did some tests and seems the only block the Wither can't destroy is bedrock which is moot anyway since you can't place it.

Curious about the TNT question though. Just be careful you don't blow up the star.

-Minsc-

since you craft wither dudes, couldnt you just surround them with tnt and blow em up upon spawn?
figure out the distance needed to get him down to near zero hp and then finish him with a bow.

Perhaps loading up a cage of dispensers with arrows could do the job? It would certainly be cheaper and safer than TNT.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Perhaps loading up a cage of dispensers with arrows could do the job? It would certainly be cheaper and safer than TNT.

I've heard that, once the Wither gets below 50% HP, it becomes immune to arrows. I don't go on snapshots though so I don't know.

I do wonder if suffocation would work. It won't fire until it spots an entity, so if you build it in a cage, get out of there as it's generating, and trigger a sand or gravel cave-in, maybe that'd be a cheap way to kill it?

LOL! Darn sheep, eh?

I tried to separate them into colored pens the other day... but I think I'd have to go underground to fit them all! (and make it look nice)

Razek

Banned
Looks great dude, but did it seriously take 11 hours to render?

It would be nice if Minecraft looked like that, but it obviously wouldn't be possible with Java.

Have you tried the GLSL shaders with V10 SEUS? It looks incredible for real time in the java engine.

--
I recommend everyone give the Technic and Tekkit (if you like multiplayer) pack a try. I used to be a vanilla guy but I finally picked it up last week and it makes the game so much more fun with stuff to actually do. I just wish the shaders mod would work with it.

-Minsc-

Have you tried the GLSL shaders with V10 SEUS? It looks incredible for real time in the java engine.

--
I recommend everyone give the Technic and Tekkit (if you like multiplayer) pack a try. I used to be a vanilla guy but I finally picked it up last week and it makes the game so much more fun with stuff to actually do. I just wish the shaders mod would work with it.

As much as I'd like to try those out, I only have so much time for Minecraft and it goes toward NeoCraft.

We need to build a capital city on Neocraft, or if we don't want to build a whole new city we could designate a city as the capital and build a capital building there. We could come up with fake political titles for people on the server like Ark would be the president and give them offices in the capital building.

Now I've got no idea if we had something like this on the server before the reset (that was before my time) but I think this could be a cool little community project.

We need to build a capital city on Neocraft, or if we don't want to build a whole new city we could designate a city as the capital and build a capital building there. We could come up with fake political titles for people on the server like Ark would be the president and give them offices in the capital building.

Now I've got no idea if we had something like this on the server before the reset (that was before my time) but I think this could be a cool little community project.

Guess we could merge my mountain city idea with the capital city idea. I was going to build it just outside my fortress on these mountains:

Razek

Banned
As much as I'd like to try those out, I only have so much time for Minecraft and it goes toward NeoCraft.

Understandable. Also recollecting on my experience, the learning curve was a bit of a pain at first. If people have the time to really dive in there is some fantastic stuff in it.

Overall though, the only 'must have' mod from the whole thing would be industrialcraft. I couldn't play the game again without the solar panels or just the electrical element in general. That added so much fun for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Electrics are good, but my son plays tekkit a lot and a lot of it baffles me. I'm only just getting back into vanilla minecraft and things like villages and enchantments are new to me. Then he throws in macerators and solar panels and I'm lost. And the crafting recipes can be a bit like a Russian doll. You need A to make B, but to make A you need C and D. Oh and D needs EFG.

Ark

I won't accept anything other than this as a capital city.

;D

Ocho

So after reading this, an article about how fun MineZ is (a mod of Minecraft that mimics DayZ), I'm wondering if you guys have plans to test it, or if you have a server up?

Edit: Just noticed they have their own servers.

I am going through withdrawls of minecraft over the weekend. I signed in here and there but I couldn't stay in as my onboard sound is not being detected by windows. I am trying to find a cheap PCIe sound card so I can get back into playing until I can pay for the "hold" on express shipping for the replacement MOBO.

Also I like Ark's idea for the Capital City and the location Nihon has shown. I'll be more then happy to contribute materials if needed. I am also thinking we might need a rail running from neolantis/future city to the east. Its good seeing my new place on the map but it made me realize how very far from the rails it is.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Running a personal tekkit server for our family, and my kids want to let some of their friends join. is there a way to get a minecraft server to send me an email when users join?

Also, what do I need to do with permissions? So far I haven't bothered and just let my kids be ops, but if I open it up I want to control access and what their friends can do.

Woorloog

Banned

;D

Very nice. Would like to build an aqueduct system for it.
Or parts of it. I have this fascination with building an aqueduct in Minecraft for some reason.

And if the city were somewhat like Roman-style like in that pic, an aqueduct would fit it.
Of course you don't really need one on mountains...

Ah, wish i felt better (two weeks sick) and i'd dare to try MC to see if i get motion sickness from it on this new laptop.

Since Nihon suggested-nay-DEMANDED!- an automated cocoa bean harvester in his last video, I have built one.

An ugly one.

I had no space to make it pretty!

Deal with it.

mrX9k.jpg

Ranger X

Someone apparently claime this terrain at some point...
Will the concerned person use it? Because if not, I want to use this terrain.

Unclaimed.png

Morokh

Unclaimed.png

Can't remember the minecraft name but it was someone who wasn't on for long that came back and asked Charlie to clear this area for him (and move some big wood tree log) and he wanted to start a big village for villager trading.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Tonight I learned that you can't build beds on glass and even if you do, you can't set your spawn to it as when you die, you end up back at the default spawn. Go figure. Oh well, so much for fancy glass floor with lava under it in my bedroom. Guess it's for the best. The light from the lava would probably keep me awake all night anyway.

Ranger X

Can't remember the minecraft name but it was someone who wasn't on for long that came back and asked Charlie to clear this area for him (and move some big wood tree log) and he wanted to start a big village for villager trading.

hmm I see...

I will wait a bit but then I will use it because right now its really destroying my neighbourhood's look.

I suppose this demonstrate that Charlie shouldn't be clearing space for anybody that isn't a clear regular, vet or donator...

I suppose this demonstrate that Charlie shouldn't be clearing space for anybody that isn't a clear regular, vet or donator...

Tut tut that would be silly of me wouldn't it ;-). That is why the person I shifted stuff around for was Bluebren who is a donator ;-)

Also the area in those screen shots don't look like the area I cleared out for blue. Any chance you can show us on the map the area you are interested in.

Ark

and you will take residence in the large castle? :p

but yeah, still want to work on this as a community project. it will be a massive undertaking.

I'll take residence somewhere :p

If we have anyone that's great at planning this sort of thing, they should go ahead and do that. I can't plan to save my life, I just go with whatever feels right, which usually ends up not working all too well.

I'll take residence somewhere :p

If we have anyone that's great at planning this sort of thing, they should go ahead and do that. I can't plan to save my life, I just go with whatever feels right, which usually ends up not working all too well.

With this project we probably need to layout the area for the castle first and work our way out from there.

All this talk aboot rail systems... If you guys really want, I guess you can link my harvester up to the system. I've made a potential door from the warp room.. Use that if you do anything, lol. If not I'll just put the wall back to how it was :D

Ok back to GW2!

PS: I added 2 nether chests to the catch-all room.

Got a chance to log on and decide which rail I'd use from spawn. The easiest one will be the pink line. Starting work on it now. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tut tut that would be silly of me wouldn't it ;-). That is why the person I shifted stuff around for was Bluebren who is a donator ;-)

Also the area in those screen shots don't look like the area I cleared out for blue. Any chance you can show us on the map the area you are interested in.

the bit you cleared out was in front of mackville I think? I was wandering around while you were complaining about a giant log :)

Xun

;D
Indeed.

We've just got to find a nice tall mountain somewhere, and then make it bigger.

I have a lot of materials from the dig of my old castle, and that includes a shitload of stone and dirt.

Unclaimed.png

Hey guys. That's the lot I cleared off about a week and a half ago.

Whomever wants it can have it. I clear off land and build roads sometimes to encourage people to build in developmentally depressed areas like New Castleton. It's how I controlled the growth of Arkyo, too.

Ranger X

Hey guys. That's the lot I cleared off about a week and a half ago.

Whomever wants it can have it. I clear off land and build roads sometimes to encourage people to build in developmentally depressed areas like New Castleton. It's how I controlled the growth of Arkyo, too.

Ok, excellent.
I will use that place for my farm. :)

Been cleared by hand from another person so that explains everything ;)

Top Bottom