• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

The latest backup is around 686mbs (962mbs uncompressed) which isn't too bad, The map was always going to increase in size after all building and exploring is what minecraft is about.

Oh and just cos I am bored here is a new render of Neolantis :-

NHm5Cl.jpg

Talk about HD.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Oh boy! That lighting glitch has bugged me for a while.

I still wish we could stain glass with dyes. My citadel really could use some colored windows.

Anyone know a tutorial for a piston door? I'm looking for a specific design...

From my previous screen shot, I want that 3x2 book case lowered into the ground, just like in Myst, then be able to reverse it.

I see a lot of vertical 3x2 videos on the tube, and the one horizontal one I found didn't pull both blocks into the floor...

From my previous screen shot, I want that 3x2 book case lowered into the ground, just like in Myst, then be able to reverse it.

I see a lot of vertical 3x2 videos on the tube, and the one horizontal one I found didn't pull both blocks into the floor...

Pistons are outta my league.

I like how log direction is based on what side surface they're placed on instead of what direction you are from them. Someone with a twitter account tell Jeb to do that with pistons too :p

Ranger X

I like how log direction is based on what side surface they're placed on instead of what direction you are from them. Someone with a twitter account tell Jeb to do that with pistons too :p

?? That's not what's happening in my Minecraft. If I want a log to be in the same direction as a tree trunk, I need to place it exactly under me. If I place it on the same block but with me standing a little further, it will be placed sideways.

?? That's not what's happening in my Minecraft. If I want a log to be in the same direction as a tree trunk, I need to place it exactly under me. If I place it on the same block but with me standing a little further, it will be placed sideways.

I think Artist is talking about log placement in the new snapshot. Jeb changed block placement in 1.3.8 to a new system because of complaints. Personally I don't see why the hell they cannot allow us to ROTATE a block with the arrow keys. I find both block placement systems retarded, I mean seriously how difficult can it be to allow us to rotate a placed block ?

Ranger X

I think Artist is talking about log placement in the new snapshot. Jeb changed block placement in 1.3.8 to a new system because of complaints. Personally I don't see why the hell they cannot allow us to ROTATE a block with the arrow keys. I find both block placement systems retarded, I mean seriously how difficult can it be to allow us to rotate a placed block ?

True that. Anyways, I hope the new system works and is unanimous to all blocks that can be concerned. I hate these types of changes (and especially if they happen all the time)

-Minsc-

I can help you in that regard. Maybe.

microtubule

More Dinnerbone tweets!

Slab/Stair Lighting Glitches

At this point I think it's almost official; slab/stair lighting glitches are gone. Also lighting is fairly speedy now! (Compared to earlier)

Worldgen lighting

Working on worldgen blackspots now, and then nether lighting lag. Thanks to @SethBling for giving me a map to test slab/stair lighting with!

1.4 before Halloween?

There will not be a 1.3.3, but 1.4 will be out sometime before halloween

I haven't done it in a while and was wondering if MCedit is still the best way to trim a map? A "friend" bombed a village in creative mode and I'd like to prune the section of the map to repopulate it.

I haven't done it in a while and was wondering if MCedit is still the best way to trim a map? A "friend" bombed a village in creative mode and I'd like to prune the section of the map to repopulate it.

That's what we used to trim the Neocraft map a few months back. It tends to crash if it's a huge map. The Neocraft map would crash it within about a minute so I had to have the map open in another window and trim based off of that before I let it load all of the detailed features of the map.

That's what we used to trim the Neocraft map a few months back. It tends to crash if it's a huge map. The Neocraft map would crash it within about a minute so I had to have the map open in another window and trim based off of that before I let it load all of the detailed features of the map.

Yeah, I got it working. It took me awhile to find the right version that would work with 1.3.2.

Those heads, you get them when you kill mobs?

Yep they are extremely rare drops. When I mean rare I mean really really really rare. I have been playing the latest snapshot in single player for a fair few hours and have yet to get a single head :-(

Yeah, I got it working. It took me awhile to find the right version that would work with 1.3.2.

Just an FYI although MCedit does a great job you might want to try the 3D renderer called Chunky. Although Chunky's main job in life is producing 3D renderers of a minecraft scene it also has tools for cutting and trimming the map and it seems to be a bit more stable than MCedt.

Right I am going to grab a bite to eat then play with my new mouse that has 13 programmable buttons. Hm what macros can I put on these buttons lets see :-

/kick Dryuriev7777
/kick crazylegzlu
/kick Otamin

Oh I am gonna have fun :p

Been away from the server for about a week or so due to life and mostly Borderlands 2 but now that the night supervisor has moved desks and is not looking directly at my screen anymore I can play minecraft at work again!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How safe is it to build with wool? I was thinking to build something like the farnsworth house in minecraft, and wool or snow is the closest to white, but I'm wary in case it might burn down in a storm

On NeoCraft, I think there is burn protection from lightning and stuff. But I wouldn't put any active fireplaces in it just in case the protection mod bugs out one day :p

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I think also that even if lightning hits it and sets it on fire, the rain will extinguish it immediately. I have wondered this myself because I am going to build Exor soon and don't want my giant sword boss to be eroded by the weather.

So in Episode 31 of my series, I found a cave. Under my castle. That I didn't know existed for three months. And weird stuff happens in it.

Go exploration skills, go!

Also, probably the funniest thing I've ever had happen to me happens during the seconde half of the video. :3

Top Bottom