• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't get why this game runs like such crap in windowed mode. Once in full screen mode, I double my frame rate. Darn java game...

Is proper fullscreen more stable these days? I used to have problems when coming out of fullscreen so I don't bother. Plus windowed is handy for switching to wikis etc

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Fullscreen feels smoother for me too. Occasionally once in a blue moon Java freezes and since Fullscreen hijacks the entire graphical and input end of the system, there's no way to tab to another app to force quit it. But it happens so rarely, and my MacBook Air reboots in 10 seconds back to where it was anyway, it's a non-issue these days. I use it all the time. I also keep the F3 debug info on all the time. It's gotten to the point I don't even notice it there anymore. I wish I could make just the text 1:1 pixel while keeping the menu buttons 2:1 but whatever.

legacyzero

Banned
Why would I be having graphics like this all of a sudden??

iYUpm98QzslIY.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Does F3 show the light level anywhere?
Yes. It shows the light levels for sunlight, calculated light (Torches, etc.) and combined current light. The calculated one is the one you'd want to use to make sure enemies can't spawn. (Has to be 8 or higher)

It's on the same row as the biome name. The three values after that are bl, sl and rl. bl is calculated, sl is sunlight and rl is current final light.

My brother and I are going to install the 1.4 pre-release onto our home server tonight. Can't wait! Anyone know if there are any terrible bugs?

microtubule

@The Real Abed, haven't noticed any mention of major bugs on the MC reddit pages and also from watching Guude/Mindcrack videos which are running the latest snapshots.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
@The Real Abed, haven't noticed any mention of major bugs on the MC reddit pages and also from watching Guude/Mindcrack videos which are running the latest snapshots.

Yeah, we switched up to it and have had no problems. It's pretty sweet. All the new stuff is really nice and shows that they still care about making this game beefier. Just a shame it takes months between versions, but it's worth it.

No witch yet, but my brother did get killed by a mob of Wither Skeletons while trying to do some work in the Nether.

-Minsc-

Not sure what your plans for DC2 are yet. No doubt you'll end up taking so much space there'll be a 500 block diameter dome hovering over my farm. D:

I was looking at the map at the site you fellows are building. Being the mega city it'll become, I believe it needs it's own shipping port.

DC2.png

This could be a waaaaayyy down the road project if anyone's interested. I'll give you fellows a hand with DC2 when I finish all the work I have planned for the gold farm. There's a few things left I want to do. Right now I'm working on building a roadway back to my nether portal. Once that's done I'll request the SexDungeon warp to be removed. Next is sprucing up the under-lava tunnel. Then I'll need to finish the maintenance catwalk and swap out the rest of the redstone with repeaters. Getting there, I'll bum some cobble off someone tonight to help speed this up. It's soon time to move on to other projects. :D

Not sure what your plans for DC2 are yet. No doubt you'll end up taking so much space there'll be a 500 block diameter dome hovering over my farm. D:

I was looking at the map at the site you fellows are building. Being the mega city it'll become, I believe it needs it's own shipping port.

DC2.png

This could be a waaaaayyy down the road project if anyone's interested. I'll give you fellows a hand with DC2 when I finish all the work I have planned for the gold farm. There's a few things left I want to do. Right now I'm working on building a roadway back to my nether portal. Once that's done I'll request the SexDungeon warp to be removed. Next is sprucing up the under-lava tunnel. Then I'll need to finish the maintenance catwalk and swap out the rest of the redstone with repeaters. Getting there, I'll bum some cobble off someone tonight to help speed this up. It's soon time to move on to other projects. :D

That looks like a really great spot for a port. :)

legacyzero

Banned
Hmmm. Might i suggest instead of a Dome City 2, we do a Sphere city instead? Just spitballin. Imagine a huge sphere with multiple levels, and sector, with branching spheres.

Maybe even take some time and dig out an entire ocean alllll the way to the bedrock and make it an UNDER WATER Sphere City.

I need to shut up and continue work on Sky City lol

microtubule

Yeah, we switched up to it and have had no problems. It's pretty sweet. All the new stuff is really nice and shows that they still care about making this game beefier. Just a shame it takes months between versions, but it's worth it.

No witch yet, but my brother did get killed by a mob of Wither Skeletons while trying to do some work in the Nether.

Good to hear no problems. The new skelies can be scary, remind me of Enderman in terms of losing health fast.

Xun

If it's alright with you guys, I'd like to take over pretty much all you see here on the map:

SsMWQ.png

I don't want to do much around the castle, but a port/mini town is something I always intended to do.

kennah

Just so everyone knows, I'd like to claim the mountainy area at the bottom of that map. Already started a bit of a base, but it's only underground so far :) (closest to the lava fall, the rest is open)

Xun

If you actually finish it :p

I can't say much, I still haven't finished my castle :(
It'll be finished, I'm just working on differentiating the first one from a Disney castle.

Not long now until I crack back on with it!

The great excavation has started and Mackroid thought it would be cool if we had a death counter :-

WhGO5.jpg

All night everyone did their best NOT to die so they could avoid the shame of being the first. Then Dryuriev decided the lava looked just too tempting and he became the first statistic on the wall.

legacyzero

Banned
The great excavation has started and Mackroid thought it would be cool if we had a death counter :-

WhGO5.jpg

All night everyone did their best NOT to die so they could avoid the shame of being the first. Then Dryuriev decided the lava looked just too tempting and he became the first statistic on the wall.
I have a good amount of resources to donate too if needbe. The boxes at Sky City are obviously at your disposal.

-Minsc-

Been a while since I posted one, but: NihonTiger on NeoCraft - Episode 33 - Assaulted!

Episode 34 is done and it centers around Dome City 2. :)

I'll have to check that out later. :)

On another note... the Gold Farm is officially open!

Key highlights include:

- Three collection platforms, each with their own Kill/Exp mode toggle.
- Enchanting room on site.
- Crafting table and Ender Chest.
- Maintenance access which allows you to see how it all works.
- Ample public storage which never will be used.

Looking good Minsc my man, now there is no excuse for you to get do Domepolis and start digging ;-).

Speaking of which things are going faster than any of us expected :-

uSiq0.jpg

We might see Domepolis finished before we all die of old age.

-Minsc-

Looking good Minsc my man, now there is no excuse for you to get do Domepolis and start digging ;-).

uSiq0.jpg

I did some digging last night / this morning. ;)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

uSiq0.jpg

Damn CC, that looks immense. As usual, lol.

I've been having the itch to start a huge underground base lately. I might put a tower on the surface as an entrance, or maybe just a little hobbit hole lol. Fall is here and Winter is coming and the dwarf in me is wanting to come out to play. There are a few ravines under my fortress, maybe I'll just start carving out an abandoned ancient dwarf city that connects them all with huge hallways. I'm feeling the need to dig and tunnel places...

Jeb needs to add dwarf NPC villagers to the game, LOL.

Ranger X

Damn CC, that looks immense. As usual, lol.

I've been having the itch to start a huge underground base lately. I might put a tower on the surface as an entrance, or maybe just a little hobbit hole lol. Fall is here and Winter is coming and the dwarf in me is wanting to come out to play. There are a few ravines under my fortress, maybe I'll just start carving out an abandoned ancient dwarf city that connects them all with huge hallways. I'm feeling the need to dig and tunnel places...

Jeb needs to add dwarf NPC villagers to the game, LOL.

finding an underground village of dwarfs would be awesome!

Ark

http://i.imgur.com/uSiq0.jpg[IMG]

We might see Domepolis finished before we all die of old age.[/QUOTE]

I know a very good therapist.

[spoiler];p[/spoiler]

I know a very good therapist.

;p

ah they would just tell me I have a breast fetish :p like that is even possible I mean I am a man of course I like breasts.

Erm yeah anyway it seems all work on Domepolis has to stop for tonight cos Minecrafts servers are severely tits up (oh breasts again). It appears to have something to do with Amazons servers going boobs up. No doubt it will all get sorted by the end of this century.

ah they would just tell me I have a breast fetish :p like that is even possible I mean I am a man of course I like breasts.

Erm yeah anyway it seems all work on Domepolis has to stop for tonight cos Minecrafts servers are severely tits up (oh breasts again). It appears to have something to do with Amazons servers going boobs up. No doubt it will all get sorted by the end of this century.

Just change the name from Domepolis to what it should be - Boobopolis (you know you will make two "domes") - and stop trying to cover up that fetish with words like "Dome" and "rounded half crescent".

Seriously though I will try and jump on sometime this week and help with what I can on it.

It's because of 1.4. Fix your servers, Jeb. [/snark]

-Minsc-

Well, that changes my plans for the next hour.

microtubule

Yeah, that never gets old seeing the mobs utilize armor/weapons!

from the reddit "planned for the next update" page:

Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons & Wither Skeletons

Will now rarely, depending on difficulty, spawn with the ability to pick up armor, head wear, items, blocks, weapons and tools - Armor and tools & swords are equipped automatically and will be exchanged for better gear when possible - When killed, they drop what they are holding

All equipped gear is functional - Swords and tools do more damage on attacks, armor protects the mob

Rare tool and armor drops can now be damaged when they drop

More advanced gear is more likely to spawn with mobs when playing on harder difficulties and rarely drops when the mob is killed by players

Top Bottom