• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Quick Q about the 360 version; I still only have my original world that I started that's saved under Tutorial. Now that the new patch is out, will Villagers spawn in my current world, or do I have to start a new one to run into them?

zashga

Check it out, Mackville has a new statue:

KXp0Z.png

It's me.

celebi23

So, here are all the XBLA skins, with previews and easy links to change your skin.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17689746/Minecraft_skins/index_new.html

And just for kicks, here are the Rare Minecraft XBLA skins:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17689746/Minecraft_skins/Rare.html

I know the sites are super-simple but, I just wanted to get all of the skins up there. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you find any errors/have any issues. Enjoy!

So, what do you guys think of it?

Xun

507jD.png

Neocraft Disney Resort concept (ideas likely to be less awesome)

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR STATE OF THE ART THEME PARK

We are happy to announce the development of a Disneyland theme park making its way to Neocraft. The park will be in response to the ever popular Dome City Amusement Park, and will boost state of the art rides and guest experiences.

"Today marks a significant milestone in the history of The Walt Disney Company," said Robert A. Iger, President and CEO of The Walt Disney Company. "Our Neocraft resort will be a world-class family vacation destination that combines classic Disney characters and storytelling with the unique shit and beauty of Minecraft. Working with our Neocraft partners, the Neocraft Disney Resort will be both authentically Disney and distinctly crap."

"We're incredibly excited to build a Disney resort in Neocraft, one of the world's most vibrant places," said Thomas O. Staggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "We are hard at work designing Neocraft Disneyland, which when complete will be a special place where guests of all ages will discover a world of imagination, creativity, adventure and thrills."

The Neocraft Disney Resort will be home to Neocraft Disneyland, a Magic Kingdom-style park that will blend classic Disney storytelling and characters with all-new attractions and experiences tailored specifically for the people of Neocraft. The park will feature several themed lands complete with exciting, iconic Disney attractions and experiences. The park will also contain other large-scale entertainment venues, indoor and out, that can be used for various purposes throughout the year.

God I'm such a geek. :/

507jD.png

Neocraft Disney Resort concept (ideas likely to be less awesome)

God I'm such a geek. :/

Xun getting sued by Disney in 5 ........ 4 .......... 3 ............ 2 ........... 1 :p

I notice there is no "completion date" for the resort nor is there a start date either ;-)

argon

Where's the current NeoGAF server for this? I tried to connect to Neocraft (in the OP) and it said the server was out of date. I'm not sure how to get the older versions; I currently have 1.4.2.

edit: Nm, got an older version of Minecraft and it worked. Good job, there are some incredible buildings there!

-Minsc-

What kept me away from Minecraft this weekend?

Hal-Con!

IMG_0803.jpg

Not me in the photo, though he was certainly the best dressed creeper in attendance.

I certainly didn't spawn those mooshrooms. Nope, certainly not. And I certainly wouldn't go around killing them all to hide the evidence of the crime I totally didn't commit, which was definitely not spawning those mooshrooms. I would never.

Javaman

What kept me away from Minecraft this weekend?

Hal-Con!

IMG_0803.jpg

Not me in the photo, though he was certainly the best dressed creeper in attendance.

That's my son's costume for halloween. He's a huge Minecraft nut...

wdqiC.jpg

Originally we had hose covering the mouth to keep the whole blackened appearance but it started to get hard to see when the sun was setting.

Is there anyway to download your huge shared world (save state or whatever) so he can explore it?

Seanspeed

Banned
So I've watched a lot of the videos of all the new stuff in the PC version of Minecraft and as an Xbox-version player, I cant say I'm too excited. They seem to be making things more 'gamey', but I could less about most of that stuff. All this enchantment and beacon crap in particular sounds especially pointless.

Just want more tools and toys.

-Minsc-

So I've watched a lot of the videos of all the new stuff in the PC version of Minecraft and as an Xbox-version player, I cant say I'm too excited. They seem to be making things more 'gamey', but I could less about most of that stuff. All this enchantment and beacon crap in particular sounds especially pointless.

Just want more tools and toys.

Can't say anything about beacons as I haven't played 1.4. Enchantments though are a godsend. Does the X-Box version really not have enchanting yet?

pirata

Can't say anything about beacons as I haven't played 1.4. Enchantments though are a godsend. Does the X-Box version really not have enchanting yet?

I believe the console version just got the adventure update. Or I might be completely wrong about that. I do seem to remember it being over a year behind at its release.

What does enchanting do thats so great?

Lets you enchant tools so they become more efficient, last longer or yield more resources when mining. Weapons can be enchanted to increase power, add knockback, set mobs on fire or in the case of the bow give you unlimited arrows. When enchanting armor it can give you increased protection, reduced fall damage, or increases the amount of time you can be underwater.

The Minecraft Wiki does a good job of explaining all what can be with enchanting. Here's the link.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I think I found an October 31st feature of 1.4...

iDBERGfzBYJWY.png

He spawned at night but did not disappear when the sun came up. Pumpkins protect them from the sun it seems. Did this happen before today? Because this is the first I've seen it happen. I wonder if there's any other Halloween specific time-released stuff in this version?

(The texture pack is Painterly if you were wondering)

celebi23

I think I found an October 31st feature of 1.4...

iDBERGfzBYJWY.png

He spawned at night but did not disappear when the sun came up. Pumpkins protect them from the sun it seems. Did this happen before today? Because this is the first I've seen it happen. I wonder if there's any other Halloween specific time-released stuff in this version?

(The texture pack is Painterly if you were wondering)

Yep, I saw that today too. Skeletons spawned with Pumpkin heads as well. Oh, and has anyone had any luck getting a Potato drop when killing a Zombie? I've purposely gone out at night and killed loads. I found 1 carrot but, no potatoes yet.

Seanspeed

Banned
Lets you enchant tools so they become more efficient, last longer or yield more resources when mining. Weapons can be enchanted to increase power, add knockback, set mobs on fire or in the case of the bow give you unlimited arrows. When enchanting armor it can give you increased protection, reduced fall damage, or increases the amount of time you can be underwater.

The Minecraft Wiki does a good job of explaining all what can be with enchanting. Here's the link.
A few of those seem useful, but I still dont know if I feel its a necessary addition to the game. I like the whole more realistic-style of Survival but it feels like they're going away from that with this adding of magic elements and stuff.

I feel it could have been handled better. Like, there's all these food sources, but I've found I really only need one to ever get by. Why not make use of the variety to spice up the gameplay and your character a bit? Like, eating meat might increase your strength, and thus your mining speed and attack power. Eating wheat increases your stamina. Eating fruit increases your running speed. Stuff like that that actually make a little bit of sense.

Also dont feel the combat really needs much sprucing up. The combat is obviously absolutely terrible and its not really what the game is about. I'm fine with the way it is for me right now, although I'm all for more variety of enemies(wouldn't mind some wild animals that are dangerous).

Again, I just want more tools and toys to build and use. Stuff like pistons were a cool addition and added a lot of depth to the game. Give us more things like that. I dont really care about swords that catch enemies on fire or whatever.

Alright it only took me 3 days but the mountain has been cleared. Now the "fun" part of taking that hole down to the bedrock. then building up the structure after that. That is going to require me breaking server rule #1 "don't dig straight down". I'll post some pics of my hole later.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

but doesn't it take bloody ages to get a high enough level for good enchantments, and then you don't even know what you're going to get?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
but doesn't it take bloody ages to get a high enough level for good enchantments, and then you don't even know what you're going to get?

Not anymore. They dropped the top level enchantments down to 30 levels, changed the experience tables and added more ways to get XP (mining, smelting).

If you need to enchant more than one item at a time it only takes a couple minutes at the enderman grinder between each item. Otherwise as long as you don't die regularly you'll probably pick up enough XP just from doing stuff that you were going to do anyway that by the time you want to enchant something you'll have all the XP you need anyway.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yep, I saw that today too. Skeletons spawned with Pumpkin heads as well. Oh, and has anyone had any luck getting a Potato drop when killing a Zombie? I've purposely gone out at night and killed loads. I found 1 carrot but, no potatoes yet.
Use Looting. It increases the chances of rare drops. It's amazing. Plus you sometimes get multiples. I've had 3 potatoes pop out. Not that it matters. We found our potatoes and carrots in a desert village to start us off.

Not if you build an Ender Ender. We built one and it's glorious. You can get to level 30 with only 2 minutes of swinging your hand at a neverending supply of Endermen. It's the better more optimized version that uses less floor space. My brother built it in our End meticulously. Best thing we ever did.

Oh, and naming your tool really does help. I had a diamond pick with three enchantments on it (The usual Unbreaking, Efficiency and Silk Touch) that I couldn't repair because it was "too expensive". I renamed it to "Pick of Destiny" as a last resort and bam, now I can repair it. I hate that "too expensive" thing though. I'd rather see the cost and try to pay it than not be allowed to fix my tools.

Woohoo the intrepid Domepolis crew managed to completely level the crater down to level 63. There was much "whooping" and "we da men" and "Hoo Yah". Naturally I took immense pleasure in going "well done guys now if you could just dig down to level 50 that would be champion". It was at that point I saw an angry mob heading towards me and I made my excuses and left.

Woohoo the intrepid Domepolis crew managed to completely level the crater down to level 63. There was much "whooping" and "we da men" and "Hoo Yah". Naturally I took immense pleasure in going "well done guys now if you could just dig down to level 50 that would be champion". It was at that point I saw an angry mob heading towards me and I made my excuses and left.

iGGpXpaWWfnQs.gif

<3

WedgeX

Banned
Tons of kids were out and trick or treating as various minecraft themed costumes. I got asked if I were 9 years old for recognizing them.

A few of those seem useful, but I still dont know if I feel its a necessary addition to the game. I like the whole more realistic-style of Survival but it feels like they're going away from that with this adding of magic elements and stuff.

I feel it could have been handled better. Like, there's all these food sources, but I've found I really only need one to ever get by. Why not make use of the variety to spice up the gameplay and your character a bit? Like, eating meat might increase your strength, and thus your mining speed and attack power. Eating wheat increases your stamina. Eating fruit increases your running speed. Stuff like that that actually make a little bit of sense.

Also dont feel the combat really needs much sprucing up. The combat is obviously absolutely terrible and its not really what the game is about. I'm fine with the way it is for me right now, although I'm all for more variety of enemies(wouldn't mind some wild animals that are dangerous).

Again, I just want more tools and toys to build and use. Stuff like pistons were a cool addition and added a lot of depth to the game. Give us more things like that. I dont really care about swords that catch enemies on fire or whatever.

Not sure if you realized it, but you just describe basically what potion brewing is. :p

Seanspeed

Banned
Not sure if you realized it, but you just describe basically what potion brewing is. :p

Its really nothing like what I described. There may be similar end result sort of things, but the manner in which you do it is much more 'gamey' than sensical in a realistic sort of notion. And it doesn't touch upon the idea of using all the different food sources(meats, grains, fruits, etc) in different logical ways. For instance, say you wanted to go on a vegetarian diet - you might end up as a character faster and more agile or something(I know thats not totally realistic) than somebody who eats a lot of meat and drinks milk although the meat-eater is stronger and has slightly different attributes.

This 'potion' and 'enchantment' crap is not the direction I'd have wanted to take Minecraft in. I dont want an RPG-like game, honestly. Not even sure that adding XP and everything was necessary. Like I said, I'd rather they focus on adding more sandbox elements to play around with.

Oh ladies and gents I do believe 1.4.2 is now running on the Neocraft server so upgrade all your clients and get ready to bitch about all the plugins not working :p

Damn, class can't finish fast enough.

EDIT: So is creeper damage on? If so we can use that to our advantage while digging. :)

Had a few close encounters with creepers and damage protection seems to be in place. I am rather glad of that since there was creeper right next to th elaborate dome I was building too :p

Top Bottom