• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

sethome works right?

Yeah /sethome and /home work it's just the beds that are buggered to hell and back a bit like Mojangs servers right now grrrrrr. Apparently a guy called Mollstam is working on it whilst getting drunk on Cointreau it seems. God I am sooooooooo bored, I would play Mass Effect 3 but that is shit. I could go on my exercise bike but it is 11pm I can't even browse reddit for cat pictures because they are down too because apparently the whole god damn internet now resides on Amazons shitty servers ....... calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean with big wobbly domes.

Meanwhile if you want a laugh go to minecraft.net and book a hotel room, I am seriously NOT making that up. The Amazon service is so screwed right now that minecraft.net goes to a bloody hotel booking site. Here is a screenshot :-

http://dinnerbone.com/media/uploads/2012-10/screenshots/22_23-56-15--38359awQ.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
yeah its a pain the server is down, I was going to spend some time this evening tryign to optimise my son's computer, its quite laggy in tekkit but can do 120fps in vanilla.

Hm... Mobs with armor... Will that screw up falling grinders?

Since it actually works on them I'd say yes, but it doesn't seem like a very common thing so not every zombie will have on armor.

Maybe just close off the drop zone in your grinder so the zombies that do survive can just be finished off by anyone in there.

Stat!

I just did the dumbest thing ever. Can someone help me? I accidentally set my home in the middle of the ocean, thousands of miles from land, and thousands of miles from my home.

If I die, will I go back to my home that Iset in the middle of no where or simply my bed?

I just did the dumbest thing ever. Can someone help me? I accidentally set my home in the middle of the ocean, thousands of miles from land, and thousands of miles from my home.

If I die, will I go back to my home that Iset in the middle of no where or simply my bed?

Probably too late now but you could have just warped to one of the areas we have set up. To get a list of warps type /warp then to warp to a particular area type /warp "area you want".

microtubule

Minecraft 1.4.1 Pre-release!

SPOILERS below!

A day -1 patch! Lovely! No but seriously, there was a big issue causing mobs to suffocate and fall through wooden floors that we really needed to fix. The full list of fixes are…

Fixed mobs glitching through wooden floors
Fixed players glitching through Beacons
Fixed Redstone Repeaters getting stuck in ‘on’ state
Bats spawn less frequently
A number of minor font fixes
Activated the Wither painting
Fixed wet wolves looking way too scary
Tweaked naming costs in the Anvil
Tweaked enchantment points reward for smelting
Fixed bug that allowed any item to be placed in the armor slots
Fixed mob spawners spawning too quickly
Since we do these pre-releases mainly to prepare modders and server admins (and not to find and fix bugs), we’ve decided to push the release of 1.4(.1) one day to Thursday, October 25. Again, since I know this is a lot of text to read:

Release date: Thursday October 25

So this will be my first update that I go through on PC, I know that we shouldn't update our Minecraft until the server gets updated am I correct? How long does that usually take?

I need help on the nether realm. I've strip mined practically the entire area of glowstone. I'd like to start up a new nether area but everytime I craft a new portal it takes me back to my original starting point. Will I have to make long treks in order to find glowstone from now on?

-Minsc-

I need help on the nether realm. I've strip mined practically the entire area of glowstone. I'd like to start up a new nether area but everytime I craft a new portal it takes me back to my original starting point. Will I have to make long treks in order to find glowstone from now on?

Nether Portals 101:

Press f3 to find the coordinates of where you want the portal located in the overworld. X & Z are the important ones, you shouldn't need Y in most cases. Divide these numbers by eight. Travel to this new set of coordinates in the nether and build a portal. You may need to manually construct both the overworld and nether portal but once done they will link.

As for glowstone, gear up and explore the nether. Just be careful not to get lost. ;)

I've pretty much stripmined the entire nether area where my portal is located.

I tried to set up a new nether portal in a different chunk, but I end up back at the original portal. And then when I leave the nether, I end up back at my original portal. It's as if I the new portal never existed.

Morokh

simple maths :

move 1 block in the nether = move 8 blocks in the real world

if you cleared a 100x100 area from it's glowstone in the nether that's actually a 800x800 zone in the real world

so you would have to make a new portal at more than 800 blocks than your first one to actually end up in a new area, just putting a portal in an adjacent chunk (that are 16x16 areas) won't do it ;)

Portals too close to each other will connect to existing portals (be it in the nether or the real world) unless there is a portal at the exact same location on both worlds (see Minsc's post)

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
I've pretty much stripmined the entire nether area where my portal is located.

I tried to set up a new nether portal in a different chunk, but I end up back at the original portal. And then when I leave the nether, I end up back at my original portal. It's as if I the new portal never existed.

A border-line cheating way (Well, as it's single-player, it's up to you to determine what 'cheating' is.) is to delete/rename the 'DIM-1' folder in your save folder. This will reset the nether to what it was when you first entered it, undoing all progress in that dimension.

Obviously, if you built anything in that dimension, it'll be gone.

Otherwise, you'll just have to explore further in the nether. Powered Railways will be a good investment.

microtubule

New Minecraft bug tracker page

full story here

also....

Minecraft 1.4.2 prerelease info

Busy day on the Mojang blog indeed! Don’t forget to check out the other posts for info on the bug tracker, Minecon and our Pretty Scary Screenshot competition!

However, I need to inform you that we’ve uploaded a 1.4.2 version of Minecraft. This version will be released in the launcher tomorrow morning (Central European time zone). What we fixed was,

Fixed a severe memory leak in the server. Big thanks to Rickard Åberg and John Marzano for helping me locate this problem.
Corrected rendering of fences and cobblestone walls
Again, for clarity:

Release date: Thursday October 25

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
hmm, looks like I won't Neocrafting for a while then...

I always keep two minecraft.jar files at update time: one at the current version, and one at the current Neocraft version, lol. I'm gonna update tonight and play around with the new stuff in my SSP world. Think I'll wander off in a boat and start a new base on a new landmass too while I'm at it.

I decided to play more MineZ last night. Killed a zombie with a MASSIVE amount of stuff, including healing potions. Then 3 minutes later as I'm walking into a town, some jackass ambushes me. :(

Ranger X

I always keep two minecraft.jar files at update time: one at the current version, and one at the current Neocraft version, lol. I'm gonna update tonight and play around with the new stuff in my SSP world. Think I'll wander off in a boat and start a new base on a new landmass too while I'm at it.

Is there a great tool to "prune" out a region on a map? There was one before I was using but I think it's not been updated. I would keep the region I had started building on but would regenerate the rest...

Is there a great tool to "prune" out a region on a map? There was one before I was using but I think it's not been updated. I would keep the region I had started building on but would regenerate the rest...

There are several, MCedit will do it but it is a bit dodgy in terms of stability. My fave way to do a quick prune is to use the Minecraft 3D renderer called Chunky. Although it's primary job is to do 3D renders it also has basic tools to cut and save areas of map.

So you could load your world into Chunky, select the area you want to keep and save it as a new map.

Ranger X

There are several, MCedit will do it but it is a bit dodgy in terms of stability. My fave way to do a quick prune is to use the Minecraft 3D renderer called Chunky. Although it's primary job is to do 3D renders it also has basic tools to cut and save areas of map.

So you could load your world into Chunky, select the area you want to keep and save it as a new map.

ohhh, sounds interesting
I will try that.

Of course my Minecraft server would die as soon as 1.4 comes out. :/

IY0uA.jpg

bengraven

I think this is my third most anticipated update.

1) Adventure Update
2) Halloween 2010
3) P. S. update

I'm going to have so much damn fun decorating my little swamp mansion. I might want to get some mod to send me some skull heads and bat eggs. :p

The farcry 3 + minecraft mashup is now out for download. You can watch the trailer here :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b-UrP6kYwJU

and you can download it from here :-

http://far-cry.ubi.com/fc-portal/en-GB/minecraft/index.aspx

Totally getting this.

Xun

I'm going to try and finish the old castle (what used to be the Disney castle) tonight.

Then I'll crack back on with whatever.

I have hard time making the difference. Is this a FarCry map or a Minecraft map?

It's a modded map for minecraft. It has easter eggs and stuff scattered through out it from what I've heard.

Though I wouldn't doubt that there will be nod towards minecraft in farcry some where, that would be neat(like in borederlands 2)

Top Bottom