• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Glad creeper damage is still off. Especially since I did not properly light my pit after digging more of it out. I know some will pop by to say hssss.

1.4.2 is on there? Crap, that changes my recording schedule.

Should mean you'll get two episodes this weekend. Ep 35 is 1.4.2 (Friday?), Ep 36 is the Halloween Special (probably Sunday) and Ep 37 will be more DC2 work (later next week). What was Ep 35 will be moved to Ep 38 because I had to re-record parts of it anyways.

Scheduling: it helps.

microtubule

1.4.3 pre-release is out

Since the release of the Pretty Scary Update we’ve been super-busy trying to fix as many reported issues as possible. We’ve now reached the point where we’ve fixed so many that we spend more and more time wondering “haven’t we fixed that already?” and “I wonder if this will break anything else…” In other words, it’s time to look forward to a new official update!

The changes since 1.4.2 is:

Over 100 issues fixed, full list here: 1.4.3 issue list
https://mojang.atlassian.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10400&version=10302

Notable: The missing song “where are we now” is now available, but called “wait”
Notable: Random falling damage due to lag fixed
Notable: Falling damage when riding minecarts fixed
Notable: Enchanted book exploit fixed
Notable: Slimes have correct collision box
Notable: Signs no longer lose their text client-side
If nothing serious happens, we intend to release 1.4.3 next Wednesday.

celebi23

Use Looting. It increases the chances of rare drops. It's amazing. Plus you sometimes get multiples. I've had 3 potatoes pop out. Not that it matters. We found our potatoes and carrots in a desert village to start us off.

I've got a Diamond Sword that I enchanted: Looting III & Sharpness III and I've killed tons of Zombies with it and still no Potatoes :( The multiples thing is pretty awesome though. Thanks for the idea!

Koomaster

I've got a Diamond Sword that I enchanted: Looting III & Sharpness III and I've killed tons of Zombies with it and still no Potatoes :( The multiples thing is pretty awesome though. Thanks for the idea!
I sat in front of a zombie spawner and used up 6 iron swords and got 3 potatoes and 1 carrot. The drop rate must be very very low for the veggies. The good news is once you have 1, that is all it takes. Get you some bonemeal and suddenly infinite veggies!

celebi23

I sat in front of a zombie spawner and used up 6 iron swords and got 3 potatoes and 1 carrot. The drop rate must be very very low for the veggies. The good news is once you have 1, that is all it takes. Get you some bonemeal and suddenly infinite veggies!

Yep, I know. I've killed soo many skeletons, with the loot enchanted sword, that I've got about 9 piles (of 64 each) of bonemeal :D I've got a carrot, pumpkins, melons, wheat, and sugar cane farms :D

Edit:
I finally got a potato! :D :D

Ranger X

Nihon Tiger, thank you for the pumpkin man.

You have no idea how small gestures sometimes can mean something. I was feeling like shit today and your pumpkin reminded how awesome it is to play online with people. This never could have happen with computers (shut up Animal Crossing fans!! lol)

Anyhow, I was having a shit day and that made me feel better. tks!!

Nihon Tiger, thank you for the pumpkin man.

You have no idea how small gestures sometimes can mean something. I was feeling like shit today and your pumpkin reminded how awesome it is to play online with people. This never could have happen with computers (shut up Animal Crossing fans!! lol)

Anyhow, I was having a shit day and that made me feel better. tks!!

You're welcome, Ranger :) I forget where I left it, though. What's your in game name again?

Sofo

Why does it say "Bad Login" when I try to join the multiplayer GAF server? o: With that same login I can get on Minecraft.net just fine...?

Deadstar

The great excavation has started and Mackroid thought it would be cool if we had a death counter :-

WhGO5.jpg

All night everyone did their best NOT to die so they could avoid the shame of being the first. Then Dryuriev decided the lava looked just too tempting and he became the first statistic on the wall.

How does your pick axe look so awesome? Where can I get that? I'm kind of new to minecraft....I'm embarassed to say but I just learned how to make bread.

There has only been one texture pack I've ever used for more than 10 minutes before deciding I hate it and go back to default. Wombo's.

Unfortunately it's been outdated for well over a year...

Anyone know of anything similar? It's basically the 16x16 default textures, but with most of the graininess taken out. It was very nice!

I don't want completely flat textures, but I don't want the graininess of default.

*shrug* I most frequently use Painterly Pack. I'll admit it's not perfect (the light stone kinda yellowy and not the right shade of gray, to be honest), but it's basically become my favorite texture pack.

Oh, and if you haven't dabbled with texture packs before, bear in mind that unmodded Minecraft can only load 16x16. Maybe 32x32, I think I recall using unmodded 1.3 with a 2x Faithful texture pack, but while it didn't complain, it had issues; a corner of white wool was animated fire, curiously. If you want higher, look into OptiFine.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh ladies and gents I do believe 1.4.2 is now running on the Neocraft server so upgrade all your clients and get ready to bitch about all the plugins not working :p

Wow, really? That was way fast! Any bugs with mods to report yet? It can't possibly have been a smooth update....

I just got power back now after being out for a whole week, so hopefully I get time to play soon. It was a loonnnggggg week, damn Sandy...

Wow, really? That was way fast! Any bugs with mods to report yet? It can't possibly have been a smooth update....

I just got power back now after being out for a whole week, so hopefully I get time to play soon. It was a loonnnggggg week, damn Sandy...

The permissions for /home and /sethome being broke and it seems as if fire protection may be screwed as well. I think it was Wyzdom that reported fire burnt his house down. Other than that things are just peachy so far.

Harvester now has potatoes and carrots! I killed zombies for the taters myself, and I had some carrots absconded from Domepolis. Harvesting them via water uprooting does not seem trigger the dirt break glitch, so that's good! Also, there are 2 anvils in the storage area.

Have some random facts about the Harvester!

-The whole harvester was built in evens (much to my dismay)
-There's a fishing dock behind the jungle trees (jumping in moat discouraged)
-There's a snow golem at the cow pen for snow farming
-I have kept everything within the boundary of the moat (rail line doesn't count)
-You can see the prototype harvester in the background of one of my youtube videos
-There is one pig at the harvester
-There was going to be a water shut off switch at the bottom of the wheat tiers (space too limited for something that complex)
-No one has found the secret room yet (not my storage area!)
-I have redstone wiring crammed absolutely everywhere
-The storage area was originally going to be a piston powered mushroom harvester (patch broke it)
-Slimes sometime spawn at the loot grinder
-Loot grinder works really well if you're the only person online

Ok I'm just procrastinating going to sleep for some reason...

-Minsc-

There has only been one texture pack I've ever used for more than 10 minutes before deciding I hate it and go back to default. Wombo's.

Unfortunately it's been outdated for well over a year...

Anyone know of anything similar? It's basically the 16x16 default textures, but with most of the graininess taken out. It was very nice!

I don't want completely flat textures, but I don't want the graininess of default.

Try R3D.Craft if you haven't. The 32x version looks quite similar to the default pack. I personally use the 128x version.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Edit: Nevermind.

Didn't realize heads were only in creative. That sucks. I'd been killing enemies right and left hoping to get some heads. I don't understand why they're not implemented yet. It's a rare drop. Easy as pie. Just give it a super low number and let it rip.

Ranger X

I don't why but I still can't stand any texture pack. I don't know, just don't feel right, there's always wierd artistic choices or it doesn't fit much with the game. Might just be me.

Edit: Nevermind.

Didn't realize heads were only in creative. That sucks. I'd been killing enemies right and left hoping to get some heads. I don't understand why they're not implemented yet. It's a rare drop. Easy as pie. Just give it a super low number and let it rip.

oh damn, I wanted to start my collection now (legitimately in survival mode) :((((

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't why but I still can't stand any texture pack. I don't know, just don't feel right, there's always wierd artistic choices or it doesn't fit much with the game. Might just be me.
I use Painterly because it stays true to what it is, but is also extremely customizable. I can't live without it. Check out the complete options list here: http://painterlypack.net/materials.php

oh damn, I wanted to start my collection now (legitimately in survival mode) :((((
According to the Wiki they're Creative only right now except for Wither heads. Which suuuuuucks. I'd been killing enemies right and left thinking I'd be getting some, but no luck. I hope they enable it in 1.4.3 or 1.4.4. I WANTS MY HEADS!!! I want to decorate the shit out of my world.

Sofo

So I came on the NeoGAF server, but ended up trapped in the nether (since I'm a visitor). Any chance I could get whitelisted? I'm online atm!

So for the first time ever I have a rough sketch of what I plan to build so I can have a final result that I like. Man this is going to be big for me.

Top Bottom