• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

It's that time again.

After a year of awesome updates, it's my annual "What I want to See" post.

- more animals and biome specific ones

---monkeys and parrots and snakes added to jungles.
---yaks and foxes added to tundra
---song birds and wild boars added to forests

- a new taming scheme: all animals that spawn in the wild are the wild variants (prairie chickens, yaks, wild boars, big horn sheep) and when you tame them they become the domesticated version.

- unique biomes (like the mushroom one)

- more things to find underground (fossils,treasure boxes, etc)

Swift

Neo Member
It's that time again.

After a year of awesome updates, it's my annual "What I want to See" post.

- more animals and biome specific ones

---monkeys and parrots and snakes added to jungles.
---yaks and foxes added to tundra
---song birds and wild boars added to forests

- a new taming scheme: all animals that spawn in the wild are the wild variants (prairie chickens, yaks, wild boars, big horn sheep) and when you tame them they become the domesticated version.

- unique biomes (like the mushroom one)

- more things to find underground (fossils,treasure boxes, etc)

Some good ideas there, i always wondered if something like bears would be a good wild mob to have that would attack depending on how close the player gets to it.

I'm attempting to build a fireplace in my home, however the majority of the house is made out of wood. The fireplace itself is made out of brick (I'm using Netherrack for the fire itself), and the bottom layer is surronded by stone brick. However, the fire keeps jumping the brick and igniting the wood. Is there anything I can do to prevent this, like any tricks using water underneath the fire (or something along those lines)?

What difficulty are you playing on?

bengraven

Some good ideas there, i always wondered if something like bears would be a good wild mob to have that would attack depending on how close the player gets to it.

I think my biggest wish in this game when it comes to mobs are:

1) ambient fish - just something swimming around, though something dangerous like sharks would be awesome.
2) ambient birds
3) a flying enemy mob - when I'm at the top of my castle laughing at the zombies and skeletons down below, I want something to swoop out of the sky and grab me.

I know, I know, I could get Mo'Creatures, but I prefer to play vanilla.

I'll do a "What I want to see" post, too!

1. I've always wanted ambient birds, man. I'm really hoping we'll see them soon since they put in bats.

2. We need an underwater update, imo. There's no reason explore underwater atm.
- coral
- seaweed
- other plant life
- ambient fish (as Ben said)
- other ambient underwater life like seahorses, jellyfish, etc
- sharks (attacks/breaks boats?)
- anglerfish (deep water enemy)
- some new things to collect. (cobalt? salt? sponge!)

3. Glider (craftable cape - chest slot)
+ In the same vein:
- parachute (backpack - chest slot)
- hover boots (walk 2 or 3 steps before you fall... slide around like on ice)

4. Better looking armor, or something to apply to armor to make it invisible (I like seeing my skin)

5. The dye system for dying leather armor put in place for wool (oh man, THE COLORS!)

6. Day/night sensor (clock in item frame that interacts with redstone?)

7. New special biomes
- graveyards (GHOSTS!)
- abandoned villages/cities (treasure!)

8. Palm trees
- Coconuts!

9. More flower colors

Bah... I have a ton more ideas, but I'm having a brain fart now that I want to type them out.

adroit

I'm playing the pocket edition (Android). My only wish is for an option to turn off creeper 'splosions. I freakin' hate the environment damage (holes blown in ground, hillsides, etc.). So I play in peaceful mode 99% of the time. I'd rather have the hostile mobs enabled but the explosions disabled. I think the spiders are awesome (climbing all over the place).

Isobelise

Oke...who did it...

I just went on the server with evil and we couldn't open chests, nothing was choppable.
Chat service is dead....Whut happund!?

-Minsc-

Something seems wonky with the permissions on Neocraft. I can't interact with any chests or doors and I'm unable to pickup or place any items. At first I thought it was lag but it doesn't seem to be the case. I don't even have access to commands like the warps.

Edit:

Oke...who did it...

I just went on the server with evil and we couldn't open chests, nothing was choppable.
Chat service is dead....Whut happund!?

What she said. I'm hoping it's Mengy fixing in the process of fixing things.

It isn't anything we can do anything about, it's Mulitplay uploading fucking new versions of mods that are incompatible with the older versions of mods. There is nothing me, Mengy or Ark can do to fix it other than removing all mods, protections and just go plain vanilla.

But yes I just got on now and I have access to no commands, I am stuck in creative mode too :-/ . I really wish mulitplay would get their shit together and stop doing this.

-Minsc-

It isn't anything we can do anything about, it's Mulitplay uploading fucking new versions of mods that are incompatible with the older versions of mods. There is nothing me, Mengy or Ark can do to fix it other than removing all mods, protections and just go plain vanilla.

But yes I just got on now and I have access to no commands, I am stuck in creative mode too :-/ . I really wish mulitplay would get their shit together and stop doing this.
So we have to rely on Multiplay to manage the mods instead of us managing it all on our own? If that's the case than I'm all for finding an alternative...

Plus it doesn't help when Mojangs shitty DRM servers are pissing about YET AGAIN for the 200th time this week.

OK I fiddled about and think everything is working again, may have been my cock up. Everything seems to be working "as well" as it was yesterday i.e what was broken yesterday is still broken but the permissions seem to be working again.

Stat!

I just wanted to say thanks for Dry, Charlie, and Mack for helping me find me old place. I had spent 30 minutes boating around before my boat broke in the middle of the ocean, and they helped me find me home again. I have been working on a new project. Hopefully, it works, and it comes to fruition.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wow, sounds like our Lockette problem has escalated into more problems.

I took a look this morning at the server files, everything looks good and fine, all the config files are unaltered. So I dug a bit deeper and I think I found what the issue is. The latest patch for Minecraft changed some things, so many of the mods got updated by Multiplay. Unfortunately, they have not updated Bukkit. Neocraft is still running Bukkit 2499 when (from what I can tell) we need to be at least running Bukkit 2512 in order for the new mods to work properly.

In other words, Multiplay done goofed up.

Hopefully they update Bukkit soon. I'm looking into a way to do it myself, I might be able to. I'll post an update if I make some progress...

celebi23

Damn I miss the server. Finals suck. :-(

I know the feeling. I haven't played much Minecraft (even SP) since this semester started. Also finally having a girlfriend has been taking up my time too. I'm done with school on this Wednesday so, I might finally be back on the server. Might buy my GF a Minecraft account card thing for Christmas and try to get her hooked :p

Gav

I know the feeling. I haven't played much Minecraft (even SP) since this semester started. Also finally having a girlfriend has been taking up my time too. I'm done with school on this Wednesday so, I might finally be back on the server. Might buy my GF a Minecraft account card thing for Christmas and try to get her hooked :p

I have successfully got my fiancee hooked (new laptop helped) so i imagine she will be requesting NeoCraft permissions soon!

Since i logged on to NeoCraft for the first time, ive not played on any other server or any single player at all. Love it.

- coral
- seaweed
- other plant life

Some stuff like this would be awesome. I'd add oysters and pearls myself. I bet there's a lot of cool things you could do with pearls.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Might buy my GF a Minecraft account card thing for Christmas and try to get her hooked :p

I would love to get my gf playing Minecraft. She is just as OCD as I am, and she loves to watch me play the game, but she insists she doesn't want to play too. I think she is just afraid she will get hopelessly hooked...

Also, so I'm vaguely on topic, I feel proud enough of this to whore for attention in this thread: http://i.imgur.com/wioXK.png

Damn, thats a nice tower. Is that on Neocraft?

Ranger X

I would love to get my gf playing Minecraft. She is just as OCD as I am, and she loves to watch me play the game, but she insists she doesn't want to play too. I think she is just afraid she will get hopelessly hooked...

Damn, thats a nice tower. Is that on Neocraft?

Man if I had a girlfriend that can play videogames, I'd take advantage of that lol
My wife can't be bothered. Am sad (or jealous whatever) :p

Anyone have any good minecart transport hub designs to share?

I saw one a while ago that had multiple buttons, you press a button for a destination, a cart appears, you get in cart and it routes you to the proper track.

When you arrived at the station, somehow it stored the cart you arrived with.

I can't remember who made this vid I'm thinking of.

Anyone got anything that might help me out?

Enco

I'll do a "What I want to see" post, too!

1. I've always wanted ambient birds, man. I'm really hoping we'll see them soon since they put in bats.

- coral
- seaweed
- other plant life
That would be great.

Give us a craftable diving kit and boom! Crazy fun underwater adventures.

Wish there was a complete underwater mod. There are some underwater mods that add a lot of the stuff you mention but none do it perfectly.

Visited the GAF server and man it's impressive :lol

- coral
- seaweed
- other plant life
Don't forget underwater ruins. Maybe include some that actually have air in them if you look closely enough, from which you can begin to drain out the ruins and create an underwater city.

Ranger X

Decorating underwater would be great but it would truly need a PURPOSE above anything else.

- There could be some special ore dropped by some sea life species down there, like a pearl of something. And that pearl should be made important into crafting good stuff.

- We'd need some helmet letting us breath until it's used up (like a regular helmet except that here it would be "over time"). The crafting receipe for the underwater helmet could be:

(nothing), Iron, (nothing)
Iron, Glass, Iron

- Clay should also be made rarer or that we would need to dig a little in order to find it.

- We would need an underwater attack (harpoon gun?)

- Lastly, some hostile mobs.

Emitan

biQih.jpg

Welp I might as well give up now. I will never be this cool ;~;

Top Bottom