• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Endermen farms are the greatest. A cousin of mine was on my server for a couple months and made a blaze spawner and an endermen farm for us. They're a godsend.

It's pretty awful.

They need to find a way to fix this. Not really acceptable.

I was following it all on Twitter last night in bed on me phone (yeah yeah I know sad sad incredibly sad). Turns out Mollstam was messing with the servers trying to fix them which is why it was up and down like a yoyo last night.

-Minsc-

Hey NeoCraft, I'll be doing a glowstone run sometime today. If you are interested in coming along let me know. I'll work out a time later.

Stat!

If it's possible, can we look into fixing /sethome, please?

My home is almost done. I am thinking about making a Christmas hockey rink or Christmas chess board.

My home is almost done. I am thinking about making a Christmas hockey rink or Christmas chess board.
I know Charlie and mengy are looking into it but both are very busy. Best thing right now is to get a portal on the nether-road.

-Minsc-

As much as I'd like to take a stab at fixing it I don't have that ability. We'll just have to trust Mengy will get something in order.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

The /sethome command, along with a few other things, aren't working properly due to the last patch. Multiplay hasn't updated their version of Bukkit yet to the new development build, and this has a few things malfunctioning. Until either Multiplay updates, or I figure out how to force a manual update, it's going to remain broken I'm afraid.

Honestly I had hoped that Multiplay would have updated Bukkit by now, I'm surprised they haven't. I did try to manually update Bukkit a few days ago, but lets just say it went very badly, and I had to reverse what I'd done to save the server. I'm currently "experimenting" at home with a copy of Neocraft on my PC to see how I can fix it manually. If I manage to get it working I'll let everyone know.

Stat!

The /sethome command, along with a few other things, aren't working properly due to the last patch. Multiplay hasn't updated their version of Bukkit yet to the new development build, and this has a few things malfunctioning. Until either Multiplay updates, or I figure out how to force a manual update, it's going to remain broken I'm afraid.

Honestly I had hoped that Multiplay would have updated Bukkit by now, I'm surprised they haven't. I did try to manually update Bukkit a few days ago, but lets just say it went very badly, and I had to reverse what I'd done to save the server. I'm currently "experimenting" at home with a copy of Neocraft on my PC to see how I can fix it manually. If I manage to get it working I'll let everyone know.

No worries. It's not gamebreaking. Bit of a hassle but I'll survive.

Curious if you think with the update coming out on Thursday if Multiplay would update Bukkit then? Or does it not have anything to really do with that?

Grinchy

Banned
Man there's some awesome stuff on that neocraft map. This thing is sweet:

placekwj49.png

How long did you survive?

Not long, only a few days. But I did manage to dig a staircase to the bottom of the world, find diamonds there, and collect all the rocks I intended to actually build with.

I got cocky and assumed with my diamond sword I could kill a spider and make a bow, so I let monsters spawn instead of going to bed as soon as I could. Walked outside and was killed by an Enderman I didn't see.

Macka

I got back into Minecraft recently and am enjoying the new things in 1.4.

That said, for some reason minecarts 'vibrate' whenever I ride one...it doesn't affect my friend so it mustn't be a universal glitch. It's really annoying though so hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Ranger X

What's in the talk lately for the game?

Anybody still following twitter and mojang? I was really happy to read the updates here, it was very convenient...

defel

Off the top of my head:

We have the redstone update after christmas. Im not big on the real mechanics of redstone but I was told that the strength of the redstone signal will matter in someway meaning you can send multiple signals down a single strip of redstone.

I know that they are looking into redoing the way minecarts work perhaps with automatic item dispensers, a greater use for the chest minecarts and powered minecarts, some more automated transport systems in the game. (all of this I know the devs were "looking into" but that doesnt mean they will implement this stuff)

Netherbrick half-slabs are in the pre-releases. Enchant-able books now means we dont have to waste diamonds/iron while enchanting - no more useless Fortune 3 shovels or wood-axes etc. No doubt that many people will create little enchantment libraries in their world where they store all of these books.

Who knows maybe they'll finally come through on stained glass windows too.

LaneDS

Anyone have any good resources for hosting your own Minecraft server? I've had one up and running for the last two weeks that myself and a few friends have been playing on, and while I've messed with the configuration slightly and have backups set, I feel like there's likely a lot of options and neat things I could be doing but just don't know about. Also considering externally hosting a server, since just leaving my desktop running 24/7 doesn't seem like a great idea, so I'm not sure if anyone has any recommended hosting services out there for that sort of thing.

That stuff aside, I've really rekindled my love for this game (hadn't played seriously since I think an alpha build ages ago, and there's so much more to it now) and find myself thinking of what I can try and create while I'm not able to play.

Grinchy

Banned
I got back into Minecraft recently and am enjoying the new things in 1.4.

That said, for some reason minecarts 'vibrate' whenever I ride one...it doesn't affect my friend so it mustn't be a universal glitch. It's really annoying though so hopefully it gets fixed soon!

This happens to me too. Also, Optifine seems to have trouble keeping track of my signs.

So I have decided I need to learn how to create/edit a texture pack. I want the different armors in the game to be the different armors in the megaman X games to go along with my skin. I still like the default textures but I want to be able to change just the armors. And maybe the bow.

Stat!

Another glitch that Im not sure if anyone knows how to solve.

ArtistDude was nice enough to create a beautiful nethr room for me.

The problem? When I come back to the real world, it sends me to a different nether portal on the opposite X. I'm a -500x and it sends me to 500x.

Any fixes?

The problem? When I come back to the real world, it sends me to a different nether portal on the opposite X. I'm a -500x and it sends me to 500x.

Any fixes?

Its not a glitch but how portals work.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

Basically get the co-ords from your portal then in the nether go to {X, Y, Z} → {floor(X) ×/÷ 8, Y, floor(Z) ×/÷ 8} and build a new portal there. they should link up at that point. The link explains it in greater detail and why its multiply or divide (it depends on the direction you are traveling).

Wall of replies, go!

Man there's some awesome stuff on that neocraft map. This thing is sweet:

placekwj49.png

Wait until you see Dome City 2 :)

What servers do you guys frequent the most to have fun?

NeoCraft for sure, but I'm also on the fan server for BreePlaysGames (from the Mindcrack Fan Server). I used to be on a few public servers but my experiences with them tend to not be so ... well. There's some fun stuff like Project Ares, though.

Do they attack unprovoked in Hardcore? Usually they only attack if you make eye contact.

I think they do now. I've been attacked by Endermen when I'm not looking at them now. One of them killed me in my let's play that way.

Off the top of my head:

We have the redstone update after christmas. Im not big on the real mechanics of redstone but I was told that the strength of the redstone signal will matter in someway meaning you can send multiple signals down a single strip of redstone.

I know that they are looking into redoing the way minecarts work perhaps with automatic item dispensers, a greater use for the chest minecarts and powered minecarts, some more automated transport systems in the game. (all of this I know the devs were "looking into" but that doesnt mean they will implement this stuff)

Netherbrick half-slabs are in the pre-releases. Enchant-able books now means we dont have to waste diamonds/iron while enchanting - no more useless Fortune 3 shovels or wood-axes etc. No doubt that many people will create little enchantment libraries in their world where they store all of these books.

Who knows maybe they'll finally come through on stained glass windows too.

Don't forget fireworks. I have become quite a fan of those, and you can tweak the rockets in a number of ways (colors, travel distance before explosion, etc.)

Any fixes?

Its not a glitch but how portals work.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

Basically get the co-ords from your portal then in the nether go to {X, Y, Z} → {floor(X) ×/÷ 8, Y, floor(Z) ×/÷ 8} and build a new portal there. they should link up at that point. The link explains it in greater detail and why its multiply or divide (it depends on the direction you are traveling).

Is it spawning you in someone else's portal or a new one entirely, as well? There's other fixes if that is a problem.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Fireworks would be cool if they could stack and I could attach a night sensor to a looping circuit so every night I could put on a fireworks show automatically without having to reload every night.

Looking forward to playing with them.

Ace, I fixed your nether portal. All I did was move it in the nether to the negative X coord, and it came out to your place. :D

It was just weird how you'd enter the portal at his place, then when you left from the same portal in the nether, it took you to someone else's portal at the exact opposite X coord.

Stat!

Ace, I fixed your nether portal. All I did was move it in the nether to the negative X coord, and it came out to your place. :D

It was just weird how you'd enter the portal at his place, then when you left from the same portal in the nether, it took you to someone else's portal at the exact opposite X coord.

Thanks man for all the help. Not only the kick-ass Nether room/portal (you too Charlie!) but the mock up/explanation/help with building of the wheat farm as well. I really like the design of the room and it's given me ideas for my own place.

PS. Feel free to build any room or structure on my island. :p

Ack. I saw a zombie pigman outside my house. When I went to go get fence, he disappeared. :(

1.4.6 is live:

* Added fireworks
* Added enchantable books
* A lot of enchantments have been tweaked
* A Christmas surprise
* Added option to enable touchscreen input for buttons and inventory
* Many issues have been fixed!

Just a friendly reminder not to update just yet if you play on the server!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Is the Christmas surprise obvious enough to notice it? Like Santa hats on enemies or something? Or hidden? Don't spoil it but I'd like a hint. I'll be checking it out when I get home.

Stat!

Just a friendly reminder not to update just yet if you play on the server!

Too late :( Possible to downgrade? Or will the server be updated soon?

Reading the enchantable books. Maybe I'm missing something but its pretty useless to enchant your own as they disappear after one use.

Is the Christmas surprise obvious enough to notice it? Like Santa hats on enemies or something? Or hidden? Don't spoil it but I'd like a hint. I'll be checking it out when I get home.

Christmas surprise will occur on Christmas day. Logging in that day would allow you to see it. Here is the surprise for those that want to be spoiled:
Skins for chests now look like presents

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Too late :( Possible to downgrade?

Christmas surprise will occur on Christmas day. Logging in that day would allow you to see it. Here is the surprise for those that want to be spoiled:
Skins for chests now look like presents
Thats cool. But they should have gone all out. Make it snow in all biomes only for one day and have it all melt the next day or include a timed option to turn it off if you don't want it. Maybe make it last all season or until the next version comes out. Add in Santa hats for enemies or players. Other stuff. And add at least one Christmas themed craftable or findable item that will stick around like pumpkins.

Grinchy

Banned
Having everyone make their own skin on the server was such an awesome idea. This looks so good.

jILfc.png

And this tower is really unique. I really never would have come up with this.

J2wHq.png

Stat!

My seemingly over-complicated guide to getting to the minecraft.jar:

Open Minecraft
click on Texture Packs
Open texture pack folder
Close Minecraft
Go up a folder to \.minecraft\
\bin\ folder
Replace the minecraft.jar in the \bin\ folder with the one you're about to download:
http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar

Presto change-o!

Dude. It's hard not to love you right now. You also fixed my redstone at my "old" home too that I had been "working on" but could never figure it out. Thanks a ton. If you ever need manual labour, just ask.

Story for all: I was mining for about 30 minutes, carrying 6 diamond, and couple diamond weapons. Putting out lava pools, and being very careful. I hear a dungeon nearby. Try to make my way towards it. All of a sudden, a creeper spawns in front of me and blows up. I yelled out "Oh shit", in my apartment, loud, and alone. Scared the hell out of me.

Top Bottom