• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

-Minsc-

Any suggestions on a good program to view my world?

I used to use mcmap but seems to have broken during one of these updates.

Mengy uses Overviewer for the NeoCraft map. There's also Pigmap. It doesn't have as many fancy features as Overviewer but it can get you a nice render fairly quick.

Articalys

PSA: For anyone who backed the Minecraft: The Story of Mojang documentary from 2 Player Productions, or anyone who was just interested in it, it has finally been released! Backers should have gotten an email with a digital download code and DVDs (for those who backed at higher levels) are being shipped out, they're going to stream it as a special one-time event for anyone on Xbox Live tomorrow evening at 8:00 pm EST (XBL Gold only, though), and the general release is on Sunday. I'm downloading it now and will probably give it a watch either later tonight or tomorrow; after almost two years in the making, I hope it's worth it.

Gav

Having everyone make their own skin on the server was such an awesome idea. This looks so good.

jILfc.png

Ive got to get round to making my own ASAP! :D

Another quick question for you guys. Will a minecart break if it falls X number of blocks?

Was wanting to build a minecart pez dispenser type of contraption. Will probably have carts dropping 50-60 blocks height. Will they break or get stuck?

Mengy uses Overviewer for the NeoCraft map. There's also Pigmap. It doesn't have as many fancy features as Overviewer but it can get you a nice render fairly quick.

Overviewer worked great, thanks!

WedgeX

Banned
Finally started digging holes in the earth once more. With the Neocraft server being an old version, how do I...get back to that version?

defel

Another quick question for you guys. Will a minecart break if it falls X number of blocks?

Was wanting to build a minecart pez dispenser type of contraption. Will probably have carts dropping 50-60 blocks height. Will they break or get stuck?

Im pretty sure that minecarts will survive from any height but its simple to test it in a creative world.

Docm77 built a really nice pez dispenser set-up in his old world tour.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member

Unless they changed something in the anvil update, mine carts do not take any damage. They might get stuck, vanilla mine cart physics is wonky.

Players inside a mine cart will take fall damage, I think that was put in place with 1.8.2.

Finally started digging holes in the earth once more. With the Neocraft server being an old version, how do I...get back to that version?

Welcome back, Wedge. When you get on the server, we can have fun times building and bitching about the job Scott Linehan is doing.

Maaaaan, I've been jonesing for some neocraft lately. I've not had the internet at my house for around 6 months and I rarely ever stay for long at my mum's when I come back to my hometown.

But the day is soon, my internet goes live on the 27th of this month (finally) and so I'll be able to find out what I've missed and check out how different the sever is.

Have we got a link to the most recent map on hand please?

-Minsc-

Maaaaan, I've been jonesing for some neocraft lately. I've not had the internet at my house for around 6 months and I rarely ever stay for long at my mum's when I come back to my hometown.

But the day is soon, my internet goes live on the 27th of this month (finally) and so I'll be able to find out what I've missed and check out how different the sever is.

Have we got a link to the most recent map on hand please?

As of posting this, the map should be no more than a week old.

You'll be amazed, there has been some crazy stuff built in the past six months.

has this been posted yet? It's an amazing Christmas carol that's Minecraft themed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCT6aaEbp_A
That's awesome.

Morokh

Yes just saw that :D

If you hop-in today check it out there are many chests with names on it at /warp xmasville.

Now we need to find who our Santa is ! :p

Bah Humbug and where are my Domepolis workers, just because it is "Christmas" doesn't mean you lot can be slacking. I have an EMPIRE to build never mind cuddling up with your loved ones on this "special" day.

Yours sincerely
dHyso.jpg

I kid I kid, anyway happy pagan festival to you all :p

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So is the Christmas Present chest skin the only change for Christmas day? I still wish they'd made it so it would snow all day no matter what biome you were in and have it melt immediately on December 26th. Was really hoping for a permanent new item too like pumpkins. (Side note, I really wish non-Jack-O-Lanterns didn't have faces. It makes no sense that they grow out of the ground with faces. And removing the face wouldn't break anything. They'd just have to tweak the snow golems, but other than that, it wouldn't be a problem to make normal pumpkins just pumpkins.)

-Minsc-

Just to quote something I overheard on the server this morning:

Poor guy.. he doesn't realize what he's unleashed.

- "M"

-Minsc-

Some more Minsc build history for you.

Overhead shot of land construction #2

MinscBuild007.png

Hollowed out

MinscBuild008.png

The Aquadome in construction

Aquadome000_zps93481695.png

The dreaded time when creeper protection was broken

CreeperDamage_zps38338540.png

The empty, hollowed out dome

Aquadome001_zpsf1fdb4d1.png

A fairly early shot of my build. Evidence of Splashrider in the lower right corner.

Build000_zps799f6607.png

Isobelise

Love them progress posts :D
In order to lure more people (back) to Neocraft here's some map snaps of the current Running community projects and ofc a teaser of the new up and coming one.

The Lush oasis city of Al Denima!

The Lovely Christmas village, that warms the heart while your toes freeze off :D

The modern (or ancient?) wonder of Neolantis!

The eastern Zen village of Gaf-Kong! (come get them noodles)

And the teaser for Domepolis (I know this is what everyone wanted to see)

So, come (back) to Neocraft and join in the fun loves!!!
Kisses ;)

-Minsc-

I... I didn't take any in-progress screen shots of the harvester. :(

I'd like to point out that I'm the first to have found the easter egg at the harvester. If you all can find it I left plenty of spoils. ;)

Searching for it today reminded me I hid some loot somewhere on the server. I can tell you I hid it in a cave somewhere in a jungle biome. It's not in Neolulu but I hid it around the time we built Neolulu. You'll find the loot somewhere in a cave and you may or may not have to dig a block to find it. Anymore than that I can't tell you. I've forgotten exactly where I hid it. D:

Morokh

My little retrospective of a bit less of a year on Neocraft :

Skycity's Boat Rental, my first build on the server.

My current 'main' home, still very WIP.
Early stage
y8cXp.jpg

zQM6x.jpg

Today
8GmHq.jpg

CSSeM.jpg

Still plenty to do above and underground.

My Jungle Pagoda in Neolulu
MzKr4.jpg

The Cave of Wonders
KLE1c.jpg

eDFOt.jpg

kX7Qg.jpg

"Creepy Cottage" in Skycity
Jcoi4.jpg

The start of a project of mine called 'The chunks' that i'll have to come back to.
L3zED.jpg

It looks like nothing but it took quite some time, and the middle chunk contains plenty of chests full of cheaty sand/gravel that will be used to expand all of it.

My small contribution to GAF-kong for now, The Flamingo Garden
ZSHk3.jpg

And the latest one Xmasville
26rtX.jpg

Awhnv.jpg

where i'll still be working through all of january.

Don't forget to go there and get your present from Neocraft's Santa ! (And even Santa should go and take a look :p)

Good memories :)

Top Bottom