• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Deadstar

So I'm building a wall. I want it to go to the bottom of the lake it crosses but I can't see anything underwater. How do I use light underwater so I can see what I'm doing?

So I'm building a wall. I want it to go to the bottom of the lake it crosses but I can't see anything underwater. How do I use light underwater so I can see what I'm doing?

If you're willing to go to the Nether, you can get glowstone dust and craft it into glowstone so you can light up the depths. It takes a few stones since the light isn't all that strong but it's better than nothing.

-Minsc-

Predicting and preventing fire spread.

There's some reading material for you ace. Basically here's how it works.

Code:
SSSSSSS
SWWWWWS
SWXXXWS
SWXXXWS
SWXXXWS
SWXFXWS
SWXXXWS
SWWWWWS
SSSSSSS

F = Initial Fire
W = Burnable Material
X = Air space in which fire can spread
S = Safe

Note: Fire is a "block" just like torches and cobblestone. A fire block can be placed in any open air space (X) adjacent to any burnable material (W) in the 3x6 area around the initial fire (F).

Stat!

Predicting and preventing fire spread.

There's some reading material for you ace. Basically here's how it works.

Code:
SSSSSSS
SWWWWWS
SWXXXWS
SWXXXWS
SWXXXWS
SWXFXWS
SWXXXWS
SWWWWWS
SSSSSSS

F = Initial Fire
W = Burnable Material
X = Air space in which fire can spread
S = Safe

Note: Fire is a "block" just like torches and cobblestone. A fire block can be placed in any open air space (X) adjacent to any burnable material (W) in the 3x6 area around the initial fire (F).

Thank you. I mean, it would be devastating to come back and find out that my entire wood and wool flooring is gone. So I have to figure out how to do the effect of a fire without it burning. Just logged into the server to put it out :p

I'm so close to finishing my place (not really close). Just finishing the floor, adding rooms, maybe a second floor, doing the ceiling, putting stuff into the rooms, and it should all be good maybe. I have a bunch of other projects I want to get done too but I'm not sure how long that will take.

I built a giant fucking tower that took me 10 hours. It reminded me of the Citadel in HL2, constantly expanding at the expense of the villagers. The tower itself is just a decoy, a sort of prison, the real palace is down below, an endless maze of tunnels, some lead out to the endless mines under the village, others lead out to villages as an underground railway.

My ultimate plan is to build several towers, and have them all connected underground, and then one super tower in the middle which shall be my home. I shall then be content with what I have.

Well we all got unceremoniously kicked and it looks like the server just got upgraded, you now need 1.4.6 to get on there. I can't be arsed to mess about sorting out the mods I use so calling it a night. Will be back on tomorrow.

If someone is on the server can they see if Lockette and sethome are fixed yet with the new updates.

Well we all got unceremoniously kicked and it looks like the server just got upgraded, you now need 1.4.6 to get on there. I can't be arsed to mess about sorting out the mods I use so calling it a night. Will be back on tomorrow.

If someone is on the server can they see if Lockette and sethome are fixed yet with the new updates.

Just in time for fireworks tomorrow! WOOO!

Also, thank God, I can not worry about having to switch .jar files all the time anymore.

Also also, I'm back home from the B-Team meet-up. Man ... wow, awesome.

Stat!

Lockette works, set home does not.

Stat!

Thanks, ACES.

Also, remember: you guys can enchant books now instead of enchanting weapons and having to forge them together on an anvil to get better enchants.

Yep. In fact, one of my projects (down the line once I finish my place) will be to create a giant library. So if you have an unneeded books or want to trade one, I'll have a library in which you can swap with a book of your choice.

Ark

I know you guys already have a bunch of projects going, but building Dunwall Tower from Dishonored would be amazing q__q

226804.jpg

I might just get back to finishing my castle once I've completed Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 again.

-Minsc-

I know you guys already have a bunch of projects going, but building Dunwall Tower from Dishonored would be amazing q__q

I might just get back to finishing my castle once I've completed Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 again.

Hey Ark, you just try adding someone to the server? It just restarted and things are a little messed up.

-Minsc-

She is done.

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - Episode 40: Prank War

Just a quick word of note: If you're wondering why it's quiet, I had some audio issues that also got rid of all the commentary I recorded, so everything was done in post for the actual pranking parts.

You're not really missing much unless you like the sounds of wool blocks being placed, trust me.

I do have a prank in mind. No you are not the target. :) When I'll do it I don't know.

Edit: I'd like to gather resources but the server is messed up. D:

Yeah, it almost feels like my white list has been removed. I can run around and everything looks fine, but I can't open anything and pressure plates don't react to my presence.

-Minsc-

The material list for my prank.

(5:0),Wood Planks,307
(35:0),White Wool,706
(35:1),Orange Wool,82
(35:7),Gray Wool,2
(35:8),Light Gray Wool,164
(35:14),Red Wool,82
(35:15),Black Wool,60
(53:0),Wooden Stairs,8
(76:3),Redstone Torch (on),2
(126:2),Birch-Wood Slab,16
(126:10),Oak-Wood Slab,12
(135:0),Birch-Wood Stairs,66

I tip my hat to anyone who can figure out what it is.

So, as some of you might know, the whole meet-up with BdoubleO and GenerikB was Saturday. I recorded a short vlog (yes, you get to see my ugly mug) of the event, with my digital camera, showing off all the fun stuff that happened.

Man, it was so worth going. Well worth driving through the snowstorm in western Indiana to get to.

So, as some of you might know, the whole meet-up with BdoubleO and GenerikB was Saturday. I recorded a short vlog (yes, you get to see my ugly mug) of the event, with my digital camera, showing off all the fun stuff that happened.

Man, it was so worth going. Well worth driving through the snowstorm in western Indiana to get to.

I was wondering if you were able to go like you said. Its awesome you got to go and record some of it. I'll be sure to watch it tomorrow.

Ark

That or Ark made a mistake when whitelisting someone. I know this same thing happened last time charlie attempted whitelisting. What ever the cause our hands are tied. :(

I made a mistake while whitelisting someone, out by one space, ha.

Apparently the server has updated? Either one of those could be why. I've fixed the whitelisting problem now though, sorry!

Ranger X

Tell me about an update that leaves me completely cold.

Enchanted books

■Enchant books to receive a single enchant on them
■Can be applied to items using anvils, consuming the book - Enchants can be applied to any item in Creative

Quite completely useless as you can't keep the books. It leaves the enchanting system just as wonky and random than before. :(

-Minsc-

Tell me about an update that leaves me completely cold.

Enchanted books

■Enchant books to receive a single enchant on them
■Can be applied to items using anvils, consuming the book - Enchants can be applied to any item in Creative

Quite completely useless as you can't keep the books. It leaves the enchanting system just as wonky and random than before. :(

I can now apply silk touch to sword & shears. AKA cobweb GET!
Unbreaking can be applied to weapons and armour.

I can get exactly the enchants I want on an item without wasting diamond.

Win.

Edit: Yes you have to enchant many books to get the enchantments you want and my take more time to get those enchants. It is a nice tradeoff to getting exactly what you want and saving precious diamond.

Ranger X

I can now apply silk touch to sword & shears. AKA cobweb GET!
Unbreaking can be applied to weapons and armour.

I can get exactly the enchants I want on an item without wasting diamond.

Win.

Edit: Yes you have to enchant many books to get the enchantments you want and my take more time to get those enchants. It is a nice tradeoff to getting exactly what you want and saving precious diamond.

Pardon my ignorance but what does cost diamond?? Enchanting only uses EXP no?

But if you want 3 diamond picks with silk touch and you enchant them, your chances of all 3 having silk touch are slim. So you will need more diamond picks to get the enchants you want. Hence the cost in diamond.

Ranger X

But if you want 3 diamond picks with silk touch and you enchant them, your chances of all 3 having silk touch are slim. So you will need more diamond picks to get the enchants you want. Hence the cost in diamond.

Oh I see. I didn't think about that upfront because I am never using diamonds for tool. Doesn't last long enough compared to how easy it is to have Iron tools imo.

-Minsc-

Say you want a diamond pickaxe with Efficiency, Unbreaking and Silk Touch. You enchant six pickaxes before you finally get the one you want. That pick cost you 18 diamond vs 3 if you used books. Now that we have the anvil you will be left with excess pickaxes you don't need as it's cheaper to repair your good pick then let it break and craft a new one.

Ranger X

Say you want a diamond pickaxe with Efficiency, Unbreaking and Silk Touch. You enchant six pickaxes before you finally get the one you want. That pick cost you 18 diamond vs 3 if you used books. Now that we have the anvil you will be left with excess pickaxes you don't need as it's cheaper to repair your good pick then let it break and craft a new one.

Anyways I wish diamond tools would be better. Compared to how scarce diamond is, its not even worth it to have diamond tools and armor imo.

With 45 mins left till the New Year hits in GMT land I am happy to announce Domepolis is ready for the big firework display :-

Pgc6A.jpg

Each one of those is a firework launcher with nearly 1000 fireworks in each one :-D

With 45 mins left till the New Year hits in GMT land I am happy to announce Domepolis is ready for the big firework display :-

Pgc6A.jpg

Each one of those is a firework launcher with nearly 1000 fireworks in each one :-D

I've never been on Neocraft, nor am I going to attempt it with only 45 minutes to go (wouldnt knowwhere to begin with that! ive nver found any diamonds or redstone in the game since owning it! so im a bit of a minecraft dunce........ plus beer) but id like to see pictures/footage when they all go boom!

-Minsc-

I've never been on Neocraft, nor am I going to attempt it with only 45 minutes to go (wouldnt knowwhere to begin with that! ive nver found any diamonds or redstone in the game since owning it! so im a bit of a minecraft dunce........ plus beer) but id like to see pictures/footage when they all go boom!

Ahh, you should have came. There was a warp leading right there. Anyways, there will be a video.

Yup I recorded all 14 mins of it. Not bad going 20,000 fireworks in 14 mins (available in 1080p too) it kinda ballooned from 10 launchers too 20 launchers. It probably would've been more but I was running out of time.

Anyway Firstly thanks to Minsc for rigging up a single lever launch mechanism which made it a hell of a lot easier to start the display on time. Then of course Dryuriev who started it all off and made us a cool observation/get drunk platform.

Now without further ado I give you Neocraft's 2013 welcome celebrations :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66yn2Rdb10

(HD version should be ready shortly, if it doesn't show up in the quality settings then give youtubes Commodore 64 a bit longer to sort it out).

Next year will be even better you'll see.

-Minsc-

Yup I recorded all 14 mins of it. Not bad going 20,000 fireworks in 14 mins (available in 1080p too) it kinda ballooned from 10 launchers too 20 launchers. It probably would've been more but I was running out of time.

Anyway Firstly thanks to Minsc for rigging up a single lever launch mechanism which made it a hell of a lot easier to start the display on time. Then of course Dryuriev who started it all off and made us a cool observation/get drunk platform.

Now without further ado I give you Neocraft's 2013 welcome celebrations :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66yn2Rdb10

(HD version should be ready shortly, if it doesn't show up in the quality settings then give youtubes Commodore 64 a bit longer to sort it out).

Next year will be even better you'll see.

You know, next year we'll actually plan the thing. :D

Top Bottom