• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Yeah erm thanks to everyone that has wished me happy birthday it is great and erm well ok this is embarrassing but erm it aint my birthday. I know it was Xeno_flux that started this scurrilous rumour (dunno why he thought it was my birthday) and I will kick him a few times when I see him on Minecraft ;-).

But anyway I will save all these messages of goodwill and will cherish them when it is my birthday in April :p but either way I love you guys in a non-fluid way.

-Minsc-

Yeah erm thanks to everyone that has wished me happy birthday it is great and erm well ok this is embarrassing but erm it aint my birthday. I know it was Xeno_flux that started this scurrilous rumour (dunno why he thought it was my birthday) and I will kick him a few times when I see him on Minecraft ;-).

But anyway I will save all these messages of goodwill and will cherish them when it is my birthday in April :p but either way I love you guys in a non-fluid way.

Happy Belated April 2012 birthday Charlie!

Hehe sorry guys it was more of a "happy birthday - because this is a present for you" then an actual happy birthday. Didn't mean to make a hilarious confusion on the thread.

But hey more attention on charlie!

789shadow

Banned
You never actually know JUST HOW MUCH resources you will need until you are knee deep in the middle of a project thinking "I'm going to need to shovel a few more stacks of sand."

Ranger X

oh... you will deceive Dry! :p

Morokh

So after seeing BdoubleO talking about lynchyinc and his builds and realising that they were actually quite easy to do, I thought I would try my hand at something similar in creative, and here is what i came up with :

( 32x32 Faithful texture pack + SeuShaders )

PE3P8.jpg

tYCu8.jpg

KRE4y.jpg

WupNQ.jpg

Vanilla Minecraft
m5WeN.jpg

jMZL5.jpg

b1Oj6.jpg

b1piQ.jpg

Few mistakes here and there while building, but the whole came around quite nice I think :p
I may use that kind of design for a nether build on the server (with other materials of course :)

Is there any reason to start playing Minecraft again? Any new supercool additions? I loved it but I quit a while ago. I enjoyed Terraria a lot more actually, but I'm itching for some Minecraft again.

-SD-

Banned
Been doing this since v1.25.12w17a (April 2012) because of SSP lag in later versions.

mnCx0.gif

I'll keep on doing that until the problem is fixed :(

Mew2

Neo Member
Is there any reason to start playing Minecraft again? Any new supercool additions? I loved it but I quit a while ago. I enjoyed Terraria a lot more actually, but I'm itching for some Minecraft again.

Do you know what patch you left out at? I haven't played in some time but recently came back to play with my wife...man it's a blast feels a lot more "gamey" than before with tons more of customization with enchanting.

Isobelise

Love them progress posts :D
In order to lure more people (back) to Neocraft here's some map snaps of the current Running community projects and ofc a teaser of the new up and coming one.

The Lush oasis city of Al Denima!
Al%20denima.JPG

The Lovely Christmas village, that warms the heart while your toes freeze off :D
Xmas%20village.JPG

The modern (or ancient?) wonder of Neolantis!
Neolantis.JPG

The eastern Zen village of Gaf-Kong! (come get them noodles)
Gaf-Kong.JPG

And the teaser for Domepolis (I know this is what everyone wanted to see)
Domepolis.JPG

So, come (back) to Neocraft and join in the fun loves!!!
Kisses ;)

Enough to do on Neocraft ^^

Kentsui, that looks amazing.

Liz, I'm going to finally build something in GAF Kong. Just need to gather some more materials today and tomorrow. :)

The game has gotten some large updates in the past few months. What was the last update you played? We're up to 1.4.6, and in the past few months, we've seen additions of trading with villagers, emeralds, anvils, enchanted books, a change to how XP works, witches, bats, slimes spawning in swamps at night, jungle and desert temples, ender chests, silk touch shears for grabbing cobwebs and tumbleweeds, item frames, wither skeletons and the Wither boss, collectible mob heads (including player heads!), pumpkin pie, beacons, dyeable leather armor, carrots on a stick to control saddled pigs, changes to how breeding works, night vision and invisibility potions, cobblestone walls, lockable repeaters, flower pots, and fireworks.

Also, there's been massive progress in the mod community, with the new Feed the Beast mod pack out. It's overwhelming at first but I also believe it's customizable.

The next major update (1.5) adds in nether quartz and quartz blocks, craftable nether brick blocks and other items, hoppers, TNT minecarts, daylight sensors, major changes to how redstone works, and whatever else Dinnerbone and Jeb want to include.
I am taking all the quartz on NeoCraft

-Minsc-

Been doing this since v1.25.12w17a (April 2012) because of SSP lag in later versions.

mnCx0.gif

I'll keep on doing that until the problem is fixed :(

You'll be doing that until the end of time my friend. Update to 1.4.6, install the optifine mod, hop on to Neocraft and have fun.

Edit:

The next major update (1.5) adds in nether quartz and quartz blocks, craftable nether brick blocks and other items, hoppers, TNT minecarts, daylight sensors, major changes to how redstone works, and whatever else Dinnerbone and Jeb want to include.

We'll look in to ways to trimming the nether so we don't have to explore insanely far for the new quartz.

KingKong

Played Minecraft for the first time in forever and wow, they really didnt do much with biomes or animals. Spawned in a foresty/snowy area with desert biome 3 blocks away (full of chickens for some reason) and a semi frozen lake with squid a few blocks away from that

Ranger X

This is indeed an aspect of the game that hasn't really been touched already. But at the same time, they add so much stuff that can be seen as more important since they add gameplay potential that I can't complain much.

Still, I would be excited if they'd announced "the ambiance update".

-Minsc-

Played Minecraft for the first time in forever and wow, they really didnt do much with biomes or animals. Spawned in a foresty/snowy area with desert biome 3 blocks away (full of chickens for some reason) and a semi frozen lake with squid a few blocks away from that

They haven't done all that much with mobs. As for the biomes, there is an option when creating a world for large biomes. I haven't tried it out personally but I hear it's as advertised.

KingKong

This is indeed an aspect of the game that hasn't really been touched already. But at the same time, they add so much stuff that can be seen as more important since they add gameplay potential that I can't complain much.

Still, I would be excited if they'd announced "the ambiance update".

I guess, just seems weird to have different kinds of biomes but the same animals in all of them

Do you know what patch you left out at? I haven't played in some time but recently came back to play with my wife...man it's a blast feels a lot more "gamey" than before with tons more of customization with enchanting.

Kentsui, that looks amazing.

Liz, I'm going to finally build something in GAF Kong. Just need to gather some more materials today and tomorrow. :)

The game has gotten some large updates in the past few months. What was the last update you played? We're up to 1.4.6, and in the past few months, we've seen additions of trading with villagers, emeralds, anvils, enchanted books, a change to how XP works, witches, bats, slimes spawning in swamps at night, jungle and desert temples, ender chests, silk touch shears for grabbing cobwebs and tumbleweeds, item frames, wither skeletons and the Wither boss, collectible mob heads (including player heads!), pumpkin pie, beacons, dyeable leather armor, carrots on a stick to control saddled pigs, changes to how breeding works, night vision and invisibility potions, cobblestone walls, lockable repeaters, flower pots, and fireworks.

Also, there's been massive progress in the mod community, with the new Feed the Beast mod pack out. It's overwhelming at first but I also believe it's customizable.

I don't know which patch I left at, but those are certainly things I've never heard of. Great! Saddled pigs? Nice.

I'll check it out tomorrow! Thanks for the info guys.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, you can make so many blocks with the Quartz. Normal marble ones, columns, decorative, stairs and halfslabs. Plus texture packs will probably do some really awesome stuff with it too.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Block_of_Quartz

I'm also looking forward to the new texture pack format that puts each block texture in its own folder and lets texture packs default back to the regular stock texture if an item or block texture is missing. About time. No more broken texture packs with purple placeholders because they haven't been updated yet.

Hopefully since you can make the two decorative Quartz blocks with a table, they have implemented the same method to make the two alternate textures for stone bricks and sandstone.

Xun

Yeah, you can make so many blocks with the Quartz. Normal marble ones, columns, decorative, stairs and halfslabs. Plus texture packs will probably do some really awesome stuff with it too.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Block_of_Quartz

I'm also looking forward to the new texture pack format that puts each block texture in its own folder and lets texture packs default back to the regular stock texture if an item or block texture is missing. About time. No more broken texture packs with purple placeholders because they haven't been updated yet.

Hopefully since you can make the two decorative Quartz blocks with a table, they have implemented the same method to make the two alternate textures for stone bricks and sandstone.
Fuck yes.

I finally get the marble I so rightly deserved.

I may have to build something using quartz.
I was holding off from building my castle because I was waiting for something like this.

Raxum

Messing around with the latest snapshot is awesome, all the new redstone stuff is really interesting. I'm road-testing an item sorter in creative with a mob spawner, but I'm also working on a minecart system that automatically loads and unloads itself, and going to field-test it with some general materials you would mine (ie iron, cobble, etc) into a sorter at the end of a track, so you could have a mine separate to your main base, and send resources back by throwing them at a hopper and pushing a button to send the minecart off.
Bit of a long shot, but if I can get it working in a circular manner (minecart sent, sends another back to you) it might be interesting for people doing large quarry projects. Might also be useless by the time you got the resources for it as well. Worth a shot.

Blizzard

Banned
Controllable saddled pigs, whoa. Best feature ever. I remember evil uncontrollable pigs from back in the early Minecraft days. :p

Is there a summary or list somewhere of the redstone changes with the latest snapshot? I heard about the daylight sensor but I would be interested in what else is there.

-Minsc-

With the recent buzz about Nether Quartz a bunch of us (AKA: Me) were talking about the possibility of trimming the nether to make Quartz finding easier. While we likely won't bother with the trimming, thanks to my shenanigans in this brainstorming process I've come up with a few renders of the Nether. Each of these has the ceiling chopped of at different height levels.

Enjoy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/NeoCraft/Nether2/pigmap-default.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/NeoCraft/Nether3/pigmap-default.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/NeoCraft/Nether4/pigmap-default.html

789shadow

Banned
With the recent buzz about Nether Quartz a bunch of us (AKA: Me) were talking about the possibility of trimming the nether to make Quartz finding easier. While we likely won't bother with the trimming, thanks to my shenanigans in this brainstorming process I've come up with a few renders of the Nether. Each of these has the ceiling chopped of at different height levels.

Enjoy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/Neo...p-default.html

What program do you use to render these?

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
You'll be doing that until the end of time my friend. Update to 1.4.6, install the optifine mod, hop on to Neocraft and have fun.

Excuse me for putting words in SD's mouth, but I think he's referring to the fact that there's a small lag delay that's just bordering on the edges of perceptibility whenever you place or remove a block. I took a trip back using FTB's 1.2.5 retro pack, and the game... felt a bit different. It's a bit hard to describe, but 1.2.5 feels a bit more responsive, and the occasional client/server mismatch is nonexistent. Optifine isn't going to help with that, it's just for graphics smoothness.

Remember, SD, make several backup copies of 1.2.5, all it takes is one misclick. :3

Ranger X

Enjoy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/NeoCraft/Nether2/pigmap-default.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/NeoCraft/Nether3/pigmap-default.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96019010/NeoCraft/Nether4/pigmap-default.html

lol nice, I didn't know there was a Super Mario Kart Bowser circuit!

Not been on this in an age (Charlie had only just joined when I stopped playing if I'm remembering right). Server has changed a lot since I was last on. Looks like my plot got griefed to shit though lol. Changed my Helipad for a Failpad?

Was planning on doing a Spencer Mansion-esque build before I left but my fps is so shoddy on this laptop with the latest updates, it's painful to log on :/

Top Bottom