• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

jediyoshi

Neat renders of a build, spotted on r/minecraft

http://imgur.com/a/XfCkQ

VGLM1MIh.jpg

a3ByGShh.jpg

JgKj7ifh.jpg

And here I was about to come and say something along the lines of "I'm really happy at how my little town is doing". I said DAMN!

But yeah, what started off as a lakeside retreat has now become home to a few new residents over the past week. A big thank you to all of those involved so far, it's looking great and you've helped me out a bunch. I hope we can continue to expand this little town further over the next few weeks and really make something special out of it. I had no ideas as to a name for the town as I had no intention of it becoming so big however I think I've settled on PriestTown (PTown) after my home town.

I'd like to extend everyone the invitation to come and build something, no matter how humble it may be. To get to us, just warp to the dungeon and take a 90 degree left and you'll see us.

I'll get some screens up when I'm not being ridiculously lazy too. It's mad to look at it now, compared to what it looks like on the map.

After I've built a few more bits and finished my new mini-moria, I'll start building in other places! And on that note, does anyone have the coordinates or a rough location of where moria was on the old map? Been searching for it for ages with no luck!

LaneDS

Yeah, that's from WesterosCraft and that is one location out of a great many on that server... it's super impressive, even still being in progress.

Definitely recommend touring around on that server, especially if you like A Song of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones

spuit*11

Banned
To all single players, how expansive is the terrain you cover from your spawn point/base of operation?

Would you estimate 1000 x 1000, 5000 x 5000, etc.? Im stuck in a centralized area and would like to branch out. What should I know before I strike out? Is establishing a 5000 x 5000 quadrant adequate or restrictive?

In my latest SP world I built my base of operations literally on the spawn point. It's pretty convenient incase the bedspawn doesn't work.

If you're going to go several thousands of block away from your spawn you might want to plop down a netherportal at your spawn and make a shortcut that way.

Game's over, everyone go home.

Ohhhhhhhhh purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrleeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeee they are mere amateurs compared to the Denizens of Neocraft. On Neocraft we have actually bonafide horse genitalia :-

Hj0ixNK.jpg

Does this fancy smancy Game of Thrones have horse Genitalia ? I don't think so, therefore by the rules of the internet Neocraft wins hands down quite literally.

Oh and whilst I was in Priest town I did a couple of other renders :-

HR3CzYD.jpg

ZzN4D9A.jpg

Charlie, you have GOT to tell me how you make Minecraft look like that.

I am afraid these are renders using a program called Chunky. I wish minecraft did look like this :-(. About the closest you can get to something like this in minecraft is using the shader mod which will cut your framerate down into single figures and make the game unplayable.

789shadow

Banned
I am afraid these are renders using a program called Chunky. I wish minecraft did look like this :-(. About the closest you can get to something like this in minecraft is using the shader mod which will cut your framerate down into single figures and make the game unplayable.
Is Chunky difficult to use?

adroit

Man, torch placement is broken in Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.6.0 (released today, Jan 30). If there is more than one surface adjacent to a block of air (like in a corner), the game chooses which surface will get the torch, no matter which surface you point to (even in split-touch mode where you point with the cross hairs). This is amazingly aggravating. And it worked perfectly in the previous version. What the hey?

I'm probably the only person on GAF playing the Pocket Edition. Just ignore me.

Charlie I need a render of my fortress. From the good side of course.

Will see what I can arrange for tomorrow, just about to hit the hay now.

Is Chunky difficult to use?

Nah I wouldn't say it is difficult, certainly not as hard as all those dedicated rendering programs out there. All you do is load the minecraft map into Chunky, select the area you want to render and then set the position of the camera. The rest is just time, it takes about 30 - 60 mins to get a decent quality render. You can download Chunky from here :-

http://chunky.llbit.se/index.php?title=Main_Page

Grab it and have a play around with it, you won't hurt anything.

zashga

Does this fancy smancy Game of Thrones have horse Genitalia ? I don't think so, therefore by the rules of the internet Neocraft wins hands down quite literally.

For the record, that particular addition was Charlie's idea. It does add a certain something, though...

Nice renders btw. I like how you can see Silver and DK Jr off in the distance in that last one. Pretty good distance!

For the record, that particular addition was Charlie's idea. It does add a certain something, though...

Yeah yeah and like you weren't there going "do it Charlie, go on do it, do it, do it" and that is the story I am sticking too if Ark complains about the erm "stud stallion".

BTW Xeno here are a couple of renders of your fortress :-

fLNLMdS.jpg

nhkfW0K.jpg

4RhbQsa.jpg

kOe2fHf.jpg

Nice renders btw. I like how you can see Silver and DK Jr off in the distance in that last one. Pretty good distance!

h8Jqdhq.jpg

Right I have spammed enough, will be on the server later to continue my 100 layer dome that is taking weeks to do :-( hope to catch you all there.

Ranger X

Wish I'd play the game with this lighting (although it overblasted in the desert lol) but with Minecraft original textures and sky.

WorldStar

Banned
I played this game a ridic amount back when it was in beta. Looks like it has come a long way since.

So what server is everyone playing on? Is there anything to prevent griefers? I'd hate to build something purdy then have someone blow it up.

Ranger X

I played this game a ridic amount back when it was in beta. Looks like it has come a long way since.

So what server is everyone playing on? Is there anything to prevent griefers? I'd hate to build something purdy then have someone blow it up.

Come to Neocraft, you simple quote the second or third post of this thread (whatever, the post with the servers info) and then you can join in.
Ark or a mod will need to whitelist you however if you want to build something.

WorldStar

Banned
Come to Neocraft, you simple quote the second or third post of this thread (whatever, the post with the servers info) and then you can join in.
Ark or a mod will need to whitelist you however if you want to build something.

Sounds good, I'll give it a go tomorrow!

789shadow

Banned
I have to question at this point whether I will actually finish my house. I think the horrible framerate at the harvester discouraged me.

It's a chore going over there. Even though everything I need is right there, actually getting the stuff is exhausting because I get like 4 FPS there.

Odd; how old is the PC you're playing on? I get a bit of lag when I warp in and everything's loading but beyond that, I don't get much anymore at the harvester.

WorldStar

Banned
Connected to server, had no idea what to do. The only mod or whatever I've played is towny. Is there something similar here? Do I need to be given a plot of land?

789shadow

Banned
Odd; how old is the PC you're playing on? I get a bit of lag when I warp in and everything's loading but beyond that, I don't get much anymore at the harvester.
I'm playing on a Dell Studio laptop. I'm running Optifine, but the problem is my whatever just doesn't run Minecraft well.

It's basically only the harvester. I have 64 bit Java too. My laptop simply can't handle all the animals.

when you are at the harvester does turning your settings down including turning sound off help? I had an issue on my work computer with that and dropping the settings down and turning off the sound in the options gave me a stable framerate.

If that doesn't help then just avoid the harvester. Sure it makes things easy but everything at the harvester can be gathered elsewhere as well, well except the readily available colored wool. If that's what you are needed then you're outta luck unless you do it the long way.

when you are at the harvester does turning your settings down including turning sound off help? I had an issue on my work computer with that and dropping the settings down and turning off the sound in the options gave me a stable framerate.

If that doesn't help then just avoid the harvester. Sure it makes things easy but everything at the harvester can be gathered elsewhere as well, well except the readily available colored wool. If that's what you are needed then you're outta luck unless you do it the long way.

I could also bring a few things over to his place if he needs them. Don't mind helping out if it's something you can't readily find.

WorldStar

Banned
i particularly like sphax pureBDcraft. i use the 128X128 version. (i also like how it supports some mods)

oh also, if you use the 128 version i think you need optifine, or the water+lava textures aren't there.

http://bdcraft.net/

Thanks!

I logged onto Neocraft earlier and had no idea what to do.

Do I need permission to build somewhere or can I just start building wherever I want? Do I get my own plot of land? Does the server run a mod?

Top Bottom