• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Not been on this in an age (Charlie had only just joined when I stopped playing if I'm remembering right). Server has changed a lot since I was last on. Looks like my plot got griefed to shit though lol. Changed my Helipad for a Failpad?

Was planning on doing a Spencer Mansion-esque build before I left but my fps is so shoddy on this laptop with the latest updates, it's painful to log on :/

Hey! A name I recognize. Welcome back, Lazlo, and sorry to hear about the plot. Where was your plot at on the server?

hi im new, and i just bought the pc version. (have been playing xbox version).

and i really want to check out neocraft, Edit: nvm, pm'd Ark

so uh, when i want to build something, how is it decided where i can build?

Jawmuncher

I thought I'd ask here rather than making a thread. Anyway home come there isn't a realistic looking minecraft?

I'm just talking in general here. Especially with all the knock offs you'd think someone would try something new rather than just copying the graphics.

It's be cool to have a game that looks like Far Cry 3 where you would actually chop down the trees and what not. I'm not saying truly realistic here. Maybe I'm just tired of the minecraft look.
Never been a fan since the beginning of the graphics.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I thought I'd ask here rather than making a thread. Anyway home come there isn't a realistic looking minecraft?

I'm just talking in general here. Especially with all the knock offs you'd think someone would try something new rather than just copying the graphics.

It's be cool to have a game that looks like Far Cry 3 where you would actually chop down the trees and what not. I'm not saying truly realistic here. Maybe I'm just tired of the minecraft look.

For me, part of the extreme charm of the game are the cube throwback graphics. I've tried texture packs, and I always end up going back to the default look. When you just get down to it, it's not the graphics that make me play Minecraft, it's the imaginative creative open-ended gameplay and spelunking that keeps me enthralled. The game isn't trying to be realistic in any sense, and that's why it works so well.

I'm sure someone someday (probably soon) will come out with a Skyrim-looking Minecraft clone. But if the gameplay isn't there, then what good are the fancy graphics?

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm more surprised there hasn't been a more thoroughly featured, higher budget Minecraft-sort of game by a respected studio.

The whole idea is gold, but I think the 'depth' of the game is really quite shallow when it comes down to it. Yes, some people get very creative and create lots of 'kinda' useful redstone contraptions and whatnot, but I feel its really only scratched the surface of the kind of things possible.

I do think a better looking Minecraft clone would be nice, too. Perhaps still retain some of the blocky, Lego-like aesthetic for practical purposes, but just like with legos, some more shapes would be nice and useful. I'd also like a much better draw distance. Its a shame to have such a nice, huge world just get 'cut off'. Ruins a bit of the immersion for me sometimes, especially when in higher elevations looking around to the horizon.

Basically, they need to create 'Lego: The Game'. They could expand it like they do with The Sims, having Pirate packs, and Space packs and whatever else. They seem to already have licensing deals for things like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars and stuff, so thats all something that could be included as well.

DukeSucks

Just started playing this on 360 a few days ago, and haven't really built much yet. I know most of you play on PC, but are there any Xbox people that I can add? Kind of want to look around other worlds and get some ideas. Won't destroy anything :)

GT is LOLduke if you don't mind adding me.

defel

So after seeing BdoubleO talking about lynchyinc and his builds and realising that they were actually quite easy to do, I thought I would try my hand at something similar in creative, and here is what i came up with :

Few mistakes here and there while building, but the whole came around quite nice I think :p
I may use that kind of design for a nether build on the server (with other materials of course :)

Dont think anyone else commented on those but they look fantastic, nice job. The stuff B00 built on his FTB server looks amazing.

Have you guys ever wondered what happens when CharmingCharlie crashes the server when he types "//fill 42 400 40000" or what happens when Ark causes Armageddon when he uses the brush command and creates a giant dong ?

Well wonder no more, the boring will say "ah that is easy the server just gets rebooted". The more exotic will watch this video :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QSR5bPDNER0

and think "ohh yeah that is so cool if that happens everytime the world gets rebooted".

Ranger X

Have you guys ever wondered what happens when CharmingCharlie crashes the server when he types "//fill 42 400 40000" or what happens when Ark causes Armageddon when he uses the brush command and creates a giant dong ?

Well wonder no more, the boring will say "ah that is easy the server just gets rebooted". The more exotic will watch this video :-

and think "ohh yeah that is so cool if that happens everytime the world gets rebooted".

Awesome little film!

Ark

Ha, given how long the server has taken to reboot after it's been crashed in the past, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Great little film though.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios

It's not a game (yet?) but this taking a more realistic approach. At least in terms of graphics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5arfh0kJTo&list=UUnAnbwdbzRvFhQGCAVdh4Pw&index=6

More here: http://procworld.blogspot.se/2012/01/introducing-voxel-studio.html

JVIDICAN

I've been so lost as far as minecraft servers since Yeticraft shut down. :( Stupid VIP this, Buy blocks that. I want a smaller faction based pvp/building survival sever with maybe a few unique quirks, damn it!

Just wanted to give a shoutout for those of you who subbed to me. I made it to 100 subs this weekend and made a little video about it. In fact, this link is a sneak preview (it hasn't gone live yet) so enjoy being the first to see it. :p

Thanks again, guys! Love playing with you all and I'm not going anywhere :D

To all single players, how expansive is the terrain you cover from your spawn point/base of operation?

Would you estimate 1000 x 1000, 5000 x 5000, etc.? Im stuck in a centralized area and would like to branch out. What should I know before I strike out? Is establishing a 5000 x 5000 quadrant adequate or restrictive?

Bronzie

Neo Member
What are the chances we have a semi-official Tekkit server? As much as I love playing around and slowly building my house on the server, I miss all the fun pipes and wires!

Morokh

Work on the witch farm continues slowly.

It's bare bones, but already working (there is a switch on the other side of the farm from where you /warp to activate the platforms and you have to be 24 blocks away from the spawn platforms if you want to try it)

Spawn rates are a little shitty still but the 2-3 hours of caving i did yesterday already helped a lot.

Still have a lot of caving/lighting up to do, but it's getting there (I'll start to make the place a little prettier when i'm done with that)

The only problem i'm facing is for collecting drops.
For the moment i just let them fall to their death (30 blocks ! tough bastards !) but i can't pick-up some items, they just stand here and you can't pick them up ..... which is really weird xD

If you will be on in the evening I can pop over and see if I can help you. I also have to start my Gaf-Kong house.

I'll be on a little later but I should be.

Also, if anyone can help with extending the Orange Rail Line out of my Fortress, that would be cool. I still need to do some survey work first before we do that, so it'll be a while off.

Finally, I'll be putting out a few new episodes this week and next, and if you guys have any feedback on them, that would be great. :)

defel

I really wanna try Ultra Hardcore Co-op with 3-4 others and try to beat the ender dragon if anyone else is interested. It would be so much fun

I really wanna try Ultra Hardcore Co-op with 3-4 others and try to beat the ender dragon if anyone else is interested. It would be so much fun

I'll have to give it some thought, but there's an outside chance I could be interested. Depends on how my schedule will look, mostly.

thanks charlie for helping me out. also, does anyone mind if i use the jungle area through the nether portal? (past the portals to sky city, and aces place).

Okay I know this probably get asked a lot but I'm gonna do it anyway, since there is so much pages and all.

I've been playing Minecraft for a while, by my own and with a friend and I've been interested in checking the Neocraft server out. So I logged into it just now and it's seriously impressive. But what would I have to/where would I have to go to start up, just checking around quick I didn't see a good spot to start in and I don't wanna ruin something. Just you know get some tools, food etc.

defel

Grassclipper said:
Okay I know this probably get asked a lot but I'm gonna do it anyway, since there is so much pages and all.

I've been playing Minecraft for a while, by my own and with a friend and I've been interested in checking the Neocraft server out. So I logged into it just now and it's seriously impressive. But what would I have to/where would I have to go to start up, just checking around quick I didn't see a good spot to start in and I don't wanna ruin something. Just you know get some tools, food etc.

Check out the map here

Find somewhere that looks cool and set up home. Otherwise just go for a wander for 10-20 mins and you'll find somewhere nice.

Pretty much what Defel said.

Also, next time you're on and I'm around, I'll give you a little bit of a tour of some of the highlights :)

Check out the map here

Find somewhere that looks cool and set up home. Otherwise just go for a wander for 10-20 mins and you'll find somewhere nice.

Yeah I looked on it a bit, is it okay to just go to a forest area to get some bare essentials? It all seems so carefully laid out. I don't think I'll build much or anything for that matter, I mainly just want to look around and have some tools for survival.

Pretty much what Defel said.

Also, next time you're on and I'm around, I'll give you a little bit of a tour of some of the highlights :)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

EDIT: Logged on again real quick just to go the snowy forest dome near the spawn point, doesn't seem like I can interact with the world anyway. Not a big problem though since hopefully that means I can just walk around peacefully minding my own business.

kennah

Yeah I looked on it a bit, is it okay to just go to a forest area to get some bare essentials? It all seems so carefully laid out. I don't think I'll build much or anything for that matter, I mainly just want to look around and have some tools for survival.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Of course it is fine. Just replant and don't leabe hanging trees. Also if you neeD
resources go to the Harvester

Isobelise

Sort of finished the Buddha, for the new part of Gaf-kong that will finish the lay-out of the city (for now) ^^

2013-01-28_12.43.32.png

Oh and:
Liz, you can stop asking me when I was going to GAF Kong.

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - Episode 42: On the (Silk) Road

Thanks tigah ^^ *kisses*

Top Bottom