• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Are we allowed to explore out and create new chunks on Neocraft? Also, is the map able to generate everything that's new since it was started? I've been away a while and I wasn't sure.

As Xeno said be "sensible" when exploring, there is nothing wrong with you wandering off from the main map and generating new chunks. However try not to travel continuously in one direction because this creates huge arse long spider trails. So explore yes but alternate the directions you explor regularly.

As far as I know when you generate a new chunk it will generate everything that is currently in minecraft (so emerald ores will generate in new chunks).

Damn that map shows me just how much is still to do in domepolis :-/ Really wish I could get my arse in gear and knuckle down to it. Unfortunately my PC is going to be disconnected all of next week (decorators are painting the living room) so I won't be able to come on next week and will have to watch the damn E3 stuff on me phone.

Hey I can see my new island playground. I didn't think I was that close to anything. But it looks like I am close enough to rail into domepolis sometime.

Yeah just looking at it you could have a rail line right up to Domepolis I reckon there is an unused connection that side too (aint you jammy :p)

Damn that map shows me just how much is still to do in domepolis :-/ Really wish I could get my arse in gear and knuckle down to it. Unfortunately my PC is going to be disconnected all of next week (decorators are painting the living room) so I won't be able to come on next week and will have to watch the damn E3 stuff on me phone.

Yeah just looking at it you could have a rail line right up to Domepolis I reckon there is an unused connection that side too (aint you jammy :p)
Perfectly perfect. I might have to get on that rail line soon then.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tech-savvy Minecraft guys I need your help: so this summer I'm leading a "Minecraft workshop" for ten or so kids and I'm working on configuring Minecraft on the computers of the place I'm working at. I've got Minecraft working on every machine but I'm clueless on what to do with the server stuff.

They have a network drive that every computer connects to, if I run the Server exe off this drive is that what I need to be doing? Or rather, its a dedicated machine but I guess windows describes it as a "network drive". And how do I find the local IP of a network drive so I know where to tell the individual games to look?

Thanks for any help

All minecraft clients are servers now too. So you could just run minecraft normally on one machine and open the game up to the LAN.

What sort of things are you going to be doing with the kids? I can imagine minecraft could be good for use in schools

Sarcasm

Well shoot, I've accidentally updated the ftb launcher now I can't join NeoCrack. How do I rollback?

ixpkqg6QZi4v0.PNG

789shadow

Banned
Also, sorry for double post, but does it ever become prohibitive to keep repairing the same tool with an anvil using raw materials?

OK my main PC is now in a cupboard whilst the decorators try and make my living room look less like a shanty town. This means I am using my "god only knows how old" laptop. This thing is a true powerhouse with a 1.79ghz single core processor, a stonking 512mbs ram (shared with the GPU and a truly next gen (compared to the Xbone) Radeon Xpress 200m.

So my quesion is, does anyone have any handy hints on trying to get minecraft to run on this awesome power house of a laptop ? If not I will have to make do with minecraft on me phone (yep my bloody phone can run minecraft but the laptop can't).

OK my main PC is now in a cupboard whilst the decorators try and make my living room look less like a shanty town. This means I am using my "god only knows how old" laptop. This thing is a true powerhouse with a 1.79ghz single core processor, a stonking 512mbs ram (shared with the GPU and a truly next gen (compared to the Xbone) Radeon Xpress 200m.

So my quesion is, does anyone have any handy hints on trying to get minecraft to run on this awesome power house of a laptop ? If not I will have to make do with minecraft on me phone (yep my bloody phone can run minecraft but the laptop can't).

Pray

Id say Optifine.

But being on a server with huge constructions not gonna be doable possibly

I mean unless you dont mind 3-5 fps :p

ergh, thats a pretty tough one. i recently installed it on one of my cousins crappy computers, but it was much newer than the thing you've got.

Things you can try:
1. graphics drivers, look up and see if there are newer drivers for it that support OpenGL (unless it already supports it). if you cant get that you're pretty much shit out of luck.
2. even with the right drivers it looks like you'll probably need optifine at the lowest settings to get decent FPS. saw something about default minecraft doing around ten FPS on similar hardware. lol
3. don't go anywhere near domepolis. the glass domes alone will cause the graphics card to melt.
4. like xenoflux said, pray.
5. give up, play on mobile.

Sarcasm

You can prob get by with vanilla MC. My netbook is a 1.6ghz dual core with some mobile 6410 and i get 40 FPS..but any modpacks with more than 4 mods pfft lol.

Mack, you can come get your dog back. I rescued mine from the Nether.

I wasn't gonna do anything to your dog, by the way. You didn't need to leave him behind at my place. :p

Thanks for the help guys. I got optifine installed and I was able to connect to the server, alas it was at 9fps so doing anything meaningful in minecraft (if you can actually do anything meaningful) is next to impossible. Yhe 512mbs seems to be the killer. Hell I can't even watch any E3 streams on this laptop it is that slow. I have had to resort to watching E3 on my Nexus 4 (yes my damn phone is faster than this laptop).

Oh well only another 6 days to go :-( time to fire up solitaire and wait 20 mins for it to load.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Hey guys, Been a while since I post in here. I have a private server running on my PC that my coworkers and friends play on. Lately my PC has been shutting down without asking me or my knowledge. Power outage, Windows Updates etc. I can fix the windows updates issues but I need a program that backs up the server. If I could get something that backs up at a specific time every day or after someone logs off the server that would be great. Does anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I use mcmyadmin. You can set it to save your world regularly, back it up overnight etc. also supports mods and has a web server and iPad app so you can remotely manage it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I use mcmyadmin. You can set it to save your world regularly, back it up overnight etc. also supports mods and has a web server and iPad app so you can remotely manage it.

Thanks Klaw. I will give it a look when I get home this evening.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nether quartz hunting - branch mine or surface scouring?

Surface feels quicker because you see pockets here and there, but I find I get lost in the nether really easily. Will I get a decent return just doing a relatively safe branch mine?

Nether quartz hunting - branch mine or surface scouring?

Surface feels quicker because you see pockets here and there, but I find I get lost in the nether really easily. Will I get a decent return just doing a relatively safe branch mine?

In my personal experience, you might find a vein or three branch mining, but you'll see much more on the surface. In fact, many veins I've found by branching were themselves close to the surface.

Mirk

For a few hours here NeoCrack will be down. We are trying out the "New World" mod pack for a bit. So if you would like to join us launch that mod pack!!! :D make sure to use 6.3!!!

zashga

Did we switch modpacks on the FTB server? I can't connect to it this afternoon. My client seems to think that the server is on Minecraft version 1.5.2, but my FTB uses 1.4.7 and thinks it's up to date.

Edit: perfect timing! ^^

catabarez

Using the New World Mod Pack seems to make my Minecraft crash at the menu every time.

Edit: Just redownloading it seemed to have fixed it.

Quote this post to see the server details for Neocraft

Neocraft (Ark's)​
This is a survival server.
Click here to check the current map.

Address:

You have to be whitelisted to actually do anything other than "look at the pwetty things". So if you are interested in joining the server pm either me or Ark with your minecraft username.

Top Bottom