• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Foxix Von

raebodep said:
I didn't have to uninstall

=/ Weird alright lol I uninstalled 32 bit and then installed 64. I then realized that the 64 bit wouldn't work with chrome so I had to reinstall the 32 haha. So now I have both, hopefully this won't cause more problems in minecraft, is there anyway to guarantee which version it'll be using?

Foxix Von

:O I hate to double post but thanks guys, it seems to actually be working now! Or at least it hasn't crashed yet (and I set the render distance to high, I had to play on normal before otherwise it would crash after a few minutes.) and it seems to be running smoother!

LE GASP!

Grinchy

Banned
Foxix said:
=/ Weird alright lol I uninstalled 32 bit and then installed 64. I then realized that the 64 bit wouldn't work with chrome so I had to reinstall the 32 haha. So now I have both, hopefully this won't cause more problems in minecraft, is there anyway to guarantee which version it'll be using?
You know you don't have to play it in a browser though, right?

In fact, I wouldn't.

Toki1776

Ark said:
Can everyone that uses my MC server please post their in-game name, so I can add you all into the permissions listings.

I'd like to check out the place, hopefully spend some time there!
I'm toki1776. I also have some experience running a server on Multiplay, as I have been running my friend's server (mods installed: AppleTree, Cookiez, Essentials, Growbie, Lampstone, MinecartMania, NoExplode, Permissions, PorteCoulissante, RemoteBukkit, Tombstone, WorldEdit, and iChat ) for the past few months. So if you have any questions, i may be able to help.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to quickly get rid of a bunch of water? I'm trying to hollow out an area to build a big castle but there's a bunch of water in it. Would take forever to just cover up with dirt or gravel.

Monroeski said:
Is there any way to quickly get rid of a bunch of water? I'm trying to hollow out an area to build a big castle but there's a bunch of water in it. Would take forever to just cover up with dirt or gravel.

Unfortunately, no. It won't drain away unless you remove the source block and there's no way of telling which block is the source in a large body of water, so the only option is to fill the space up. It's a total pain in the ass and I hope Notch improves water physics soon.

Foxix Von

Grinchy said:
You know you don't have to play it in a browser though, right?

In fact, I wouldn't.

Lol, yeah I know and I've been playing the regular client. I haven't even tried playing it in a browser. I just figured it'd be nice to be able to use java in my browser for, well whatever I might come across that java might use(like that katamari browser game). Anyway I should have both installed now and they both seem to be working now.

Dragmire

I'm trying to find my vast stores of gold in my huge single player world so I can make powered rails across my vast rail system. But somehow, I..... misplaced the gold. Is there a program that will map out where items are or something? I know how to map out where the gold ore is, but I just wanna find me lost gold.

Jasoco

Banned
Foxix said:
Lol, yeah I know and I've been playing the regular client. I haven't even tried playing it in a browser. I just figured it'd be nice to be able to use java in my browser for, well whatever I might come across that java might use(like that katamari browser game). Anyway I should have both installed now and they both seem to be working now.
Browser Katamari is JavaScript. Not Java.

Grinchy

Banned
Foxix said:
haha ok nice! I assumed as much, but you never know. I never realized that hitting F11 would go full screen while disabling Aero to improve performance and I felt like a tool for my ignorance.

man....I want to join this Ark server but starting from scratch again this quickly after doing so on the Kalnos server sounds like a lot of work right now.

Grinchy said:
man....I want to join this Ark server but starting from scratch again this quickly after doing so on the Kalnos server sounds like a lot of work right now.

Yeah, same here - I checked out Ark's server, but I'm going to stay on Kalnos for the moment as I'd be loathe to leave my big-ass fortress and am in the middle of building a tunnel through the ocean (taking waaaay too long).

Foxix Von

Grinchy said:
haha ok nice! I assumed as much, but you never know. I never realized that hitting F11 would go full screen while disabling Aero to improve performance and I felt like a tool for my ignorance.

And thanks to this post I now know what Aero is haha. Yeah, I'd play in fullscreen but I still have that issue that if I exit fullsceen I can't resume playing it in a window until I restart the client. Makes it slightly more annoying to multitask/check out minecraftwiki. Luckily windowed it still runs at like 150fps so it's not an issue lol.

Grinchy

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Yeah, same here - I checked out Ark's server, but I'm going to stay on Kalnos for the moment as I'd be loathe to leave my big-ass fortress and am in the middle of building a tunnel through the ocean (taking waaaay too long).

Well I'll probably stick around on Kalnos too, even though Ark's server is "the new hotness" lol. I'm not even done building my castle yet and I have so many materials still saved up.

Foxix said:
And thanks to this post I now know what Aero is haha. Yeah, I'd play in fullscreen but I still have that issue that if I exit fullsceen I can't resume playing it in a window until I restart the client. Makes it slightly more annoying to multitask/check out minecraftwiki. Luckily windowed it still runs at like 150fps so it's not an issue lol.
I don't even use the F11 trick any more because of that. It's really annoying that menu items become unselectable after leaving the full screen window. I do play in regular full screen now, but I disable Aero manually beforehand.

I really love this game on full settings at full screen. It's so immersive.

Foxix Von

Grinchy said:
Well I'll probably stick around on Kalnos too, even though Ark's server is "the new hotness" lol. I'm not even done building my castle yet and I have so many materials still saved up.

I don't even use the F11 trick any more because of that. It's really annoying that menu items become unselectable after leaving the full screen window. I do play in regular full screen now, but I disable Aero manually beforehand.

Whaaaaa? How does one do this?
if you guys couldn't tell I'm new to pc gaming lulz

Ranger X

Grinchy said:

This is happening for me too but after I click the window once, I press F11 again and it returns to fullscreen + I have controls back.

Foxix Von

Ranger X said:
This is happening for me too but after I click the window once, I press F11 again and it returns to fullscreen + I have controls back.

Well yeah, but I'm super impatient and that split second without control while it switches infuriates me haha.

Ark

Grinchy said:

Bootaaay said:

It's up to you guys, but buildings are just cropping up everywhere. We've got a nice cluster of buildings around the spawn and I'm going to begin working on my town in 10 hours (gotta sleep!).

We actually hit 9/10 players today and I've seen at least 14 different people come on and go off, pleased to see that already :)

Toki1776 said:
I'd like to check out the place, hopefully spend some time there!
I'm toki1776. I also have some experience running a server on Multiplay, as I have been running my friend's server (mods installed: AppleTree, Cookiez, Essentials, Growbie, Lampstone, MinecartMania, NoExplode, Permissions, PorteCoulissante, RemoteBukkit, Tombstone, WorldEdit, and iChat ) for the past few months. So if you have any questions, i may be able to help.

I'll drop a PM by you, I could use some help with permissions..

Foxix said:
Well yeah, but I'm super impatient and that split second without control while it switches infuriates me haha.

It's ok, all Bronies respect you :p

Kyaw

Started mineshafting on Ark's server.
Can't wait to be promoted to Admin so i can thunderbolt Ark's ass a few times as he did to me... ¬_¬

Gotta head off though, i just got back from holiday today and my eyes are very tired.
Also we need to put more torches around the spawn.

Ark

Kyaw said:
Started mineshafting on Ark's server.
Can't wait to be promoted to Admin so i can thunderbolt Ark's ass a few times as he did to me... ¬_¬

Before anyone asks, Kyaw is my sidekick admin.

Grinchy

Banned
Foxix said:
Whaaaaa? How does one do this?
if you guys couldn't tell I'm new to pc gaming lulz

Right click on desktop ----> Personalize -----> Windows Color and Appearance -----> Then just pick anything other than Windows Aero.

I use Vista Basic when not running Aero. In fact, I typically forget to turn Aero back on and I'm getting used to the incredibly basic look.

Also, I too cannot stand the split second it take to go back to full screen when the F11 thing happens. I'm a multitasker like you. I have to be able to go back to windowed to browse gaf or do whatever, while still being able to control Minecraft. I mean...what are we...animals? We have certain needs in life.

Ark

I've spent the last 2 hours just laying down the foundation layer of my walls & towers..

Tomorrow will be fun.

AcciDante

How much is this game in USD? My hopefully wrong googling converted the EUR price to about $22, which is way more than I'd be willing to pay.

Also, would it be difficult to set up a server on my computer that my friends and I could play on? It would only be like 4 players tops.

Salaadin

AcciDante said:
How much is this game in USD? My hopefully wrong googling converted the EUR price to about $22, which is way more than I'd be willing to pay.

Also, would it be difficult to set up a server on my computer that my friends and I could play on? It would only be like 4 players tops.

22 bucks is correct

Vlad

AcciDante said:

Have you tried the demo?

If it's something you'd like, then 22 dollars is an absolute STEAL. In the time since the last update hit and stats started being tracked, I've logged over a full day of time.. that's 24+ hours in the last few weeks alone. It's also pretty much the only thing I've been playing since I bought it last August (only took breaks for Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV).

For the 15 or so dollars I paid for it, it's probably the best value for my money that I've ever gotten.

On ark's server too. I've sunk a few shafts into the bedrock area and am mining. Anyone can feel free to take my ladder down there. Don't steal my stuff bros! ;)

Grinchy

Banned
Ark said:
We actually hit 9/10 players today and I've seen at least 14 different people come on and go off, pleased to see that already :)
I was curious about that too. What happens when you get to 10 players at the same time? I'm such a noob when it comes to Minecraft servers, so sorry for that lol

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
It's been like what... almost 12h I am on Ark's server? lol
I'm such a freak!
Damn, you're still there? Hahahah

I'm at work now but I'll probably jump in in about 11 hours from now.

Ranger X

Mik2121 said:
Damn, you're still there? Hahahah

I'm at work now but I'll probably jump in in about 11 hours from now.

Yeah, finished the outside of my ranch. Starting the inside soon. I also started the mob grinder and continued some streets. By the way, the tracks (minecarts) won't have diagonals but I already started some diagonal segments of roads though. It's more effective and still looks good.

Sai-kun

Banned
Finding that sky island was AWESOME

and now I have a super super sweet house. Feel free to go in and borrow some stone/dirt if you need it :p But don't build on my island! I have dibs!

Ark

Ranger X said:
It's been like what... almost 12h I am on Ark's server? lol
I'm such a freak!

I think I was on yesterday for about 13hours!

Grinchy said:
I was curious about that too. What happens when you get to 10 players at the same time? I'm such a noob when it comes to Minecraft servers, so sorry for that lol

When we hit 10/10 people online at the same time, no one else can join until someone leaves.

EDIT:

I've just restarted the server and made some changes to the permissions. Citizens should hopefully be able to make locked chests now.

Here's the OT for lockette on the Bukkit forums, has some instructions and such.

Mik2121

Ark said:
I think I was on yesterday for about 13hours!

When we hit 10/10 people online at the same time, no one else can join until someone leaves.

EDIT:

I've just restarted the server and made some changes to the permissions. Citizens should hopefully be able to make locked chests now.

Here's the OT for lockette on the Bukkit forums, has some instructions and such.
Jesus, I was watching the video of the guy explaining how lockette worked, but he almost made me puke with the way he kept moving around. What the fuck...

Ark

Ok, I've had a couple of people ask me about donations, so I'll post up the link now.

Remember, it's not mandatory to donate, it's 110% up to you. But any and all donations will only go to the server.

EDIT: If do choose to donate, please post your MC name along with the donation.

Salaadin

Can lightning kill you while youre inside? My brother was in his house (made from dirt) yesterday and I saw lightning strike right by it but not directly. He then says that he suddenly died, no monsters around or anything. He went back to his house and all of the items he was holding were gone.

Salaadin

Ranger X said:
Yes lightning can strike you and kill you.
However, I don't think it's supposed to make you lose your loot.

Hes brand new to the game so I am wondering if he just didnt make it back in time to get his items.
I didnt think that lightning can hit you while your inside your house though...Is there a limit to how many blocks it can go through? He just has a basic 1 block deep dirt shack.

Ranger X

Salaadin said:
Hes brand new to the game so I am wondering if he just didnt make it back in time to get his items.
I didnt think that lightning can hit you while your inside your house though...Is there a limit to how many blocks it can go through? He just has a basic 1 block deep dirt shack.

About the fact he was inside a house, I am not sure.
I don't see why he should be hit.

kennah

Been having fun on the server. Restarted a major construction I began but never finished on NeoNeoGafLand (Touchmybox/TheSpot's Server). Monsters makes for an interesting dynamic, have to be much more careful with lighting.

Ark

MotorbreathX said:
Donated $8.57 USD.

EDIT: Got booted from server and now it's full... :(

Thanks for the donation :)

kennah said:
Been having fun on the server. Restarted a major construction I began but never finished on NeoNeoGafLand (Touchmybox/TheSpot's Server). Monsters makes for an interesting dynamic, have to be much more careful with lighting.

Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

----

We've over-capped today! Haha! Probably around 10-12 people all trying to play. I'll see if I can upgrade the slots to 15 tonight.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark, I go by "Granchy" on Minecraft (and I can't remember why I couldn't just get Grinchy).

I should be able to get some good building done once I get through my exams this week.

Ark

Grinchy said:
Ark, I go by "Granchy" on Minecraft (and I can't remember why I couldn't just get Grinchy).

I should be able to get some good building done once I get through my exams this week.

So you're coming over to NeoCraft? :cool:

Tawpgun

So yesterday I made the decision to go to Northeastern University for college.

For shits and giggles I made Northeastern University a seed in minecraft. I walked for like 30 seconds and saw the most epic mountains ever. I think I made the right choice.

Salaadin

Via twitter:
We'll add Nether support to SMP in 1.6. I have no idea when 1.6 is getting released, so you might as well get used to 1.5 for a while. ;)

I thought that Nether in SMP was hard to pull off and that they were going to make portals link to another server that contains the Nether...I wonder if this is what that is

Top Bottom