• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ranger X said:
Dunno, I think it will be ok. I am the nearest I think and it's over 24 blocks. I am not aware of the spawning rules in multi though. I mean, if there's players everywhere it means no mobs would spawn but they do.

At least, I made the space for a mob grinder that is more tower-like. Hopefully this will help too since people will be further away from the spawning floors.

cool. will need to clear out the big hill a bit more though - that had at least 50 mobs underground in huge groups. Lit it up a lot but there are still a bunch down there. will carry on with that in the next couple of days. running into a dark cavern, putting up some torches and then running out again gets pretty stressful :)

Grinchy

Banned
I've almost built my whole house overnight. I started with a plot of land that wasn't big enough, and now I almost have a complete house! That was a long ass Minecraft session. I need a break.

Zomba13

So... I went for a walk to find some doggies and I got sorta lost. I went in one direction, found a dog and turned around but after walking and walking haven't arrived where I started. I'm lost :(

Good news though, I managed to pick up my other dog I lost when I /spawn'd. Don't know how though...

Ark said:
Can everyone that uses my MC server please post their in-game name, so I can add you all into the permissions listings.

hi just jumped on for a wander and found a nice spot to start building a little something :)

in-game is same as gaf: mr_appleby

Zomba13 said:
So... I went for a walk to find some doggies and I got sorta lost. I went in one direction, found a dog and turned around but after walking and walking haven't arrived where I started. I'm lost :(

Good news though, I managed to pick up my other dog I lost when I /spawn'd. Don't know how though...

couldn't work out how to feed my dog to heal him.. ended up killing him with a pork chop :(

Zomba13

Mr_Appleby said:
couldn't work out how to feed my dog to heal him.. ended up killing him with a pork chop :(
XD
You need to right click when pointing it at the dog. The dog will eat it and his tail will go up a bit.

strata8

So version 0.2.4 of Eihort is out. This one adds proper block lighting (ie, different shades on the sides of the block; it used to be the same on every side), along with all the Beta 1.5 stuff:
lloigor said:
v0.2.4: Powered rails, detector rails, webs, portals, doors, sapling variants, sign text (wall signs only), fence slats, fake directional lighting, full trees, invert mouse option, fixed torches and other minor bugs

Performance is really bugged, though (my CPU gets up to 100% when moving the camera), and grass seems to be stuck on some sort of weird turquoise colour on some maps.
EihortWorld.jpg

The Mediafire link is broken (or more correctly, Mediafire is broken - again) so I've uploaded it to my own site:
http://nottarts.co.cc/mirror/eihort/eihort-0.2.4.zip

Zomba13 said:
XD
You need to right click when pointing it at the dog. The dog will eat it and his tail will go up a bit.

that's what i was trying to do but it seemed like i was eating the chop instead. so i tried left click and he died :/

just died on ark's server now can't find my way back to my build site.. nighttime, rain, and draw lag are making it difficult. probably should've paid more attention where i was going..

strata8

Mr_Appleby said:
that's what i was trying to do but it seemed like i was eating the chop instead. so i tried left click and he died :/

just died on ark's server now can't find my way back to my build site.. nighttime, rain, and draw lag are making it difficult. probably should've paid more attention where i was going..
I came back to a server one day and my dogs had run away :(

Ranger X

NotTarts said:
So version 0.2.4 of Eihort is out. This one adds proper block lighting (ie, different shades on the sides of the block; it used to be the same on every side), along with all the Beta 1.5 stuff:

Performance is really bugged, though (my CPU gets up to 100% when moving the camera), and grass seems to be stuck on some sort of weird turquoise colour on some maps.
EihortWorld.jpg

The Mediafire link is broken (or more correctly, Mediafire is broken - again) so I've uploaded it to my own site:
http://nottarts.co.cc/mirror/eihort/eihort-0.2.4.zip

I hope he sorts this out because Eihort is the damn best viewer.

cbox

my main MC server has mob traps surrounding my entire spawn so I can't have wolves, they always die.. poor things.

fresquito

1.6 officially has a release date of “not soon”. The main features will be the maps, bug fixes, and now a functioning Nether in multiplayer.

Nether. In smp. Fun!
Since I never play in SP anymore and have never been to the Nether, this is great news to me!

Ark

Ranger X said:
I'll be making a road to your castle soon Ark. After that I'll only need to reach that huuuuge tower that someone just built.

By the way Ark, just sent 5$ your way.

Nonononononononononononononono. I'm going to start building the bridge from my castle to the spawn today or tomorrow, please don't build a road to my castle, I've got everything planned out, haha.

Once again, thanks for the donations guys.

Now then, time to check out what people have built whilst I've been away..

Gah, my PC crashed and now I can't login to Minecraft - is it down for anyone else?

Anyways, finished the exterior of my house thing on Ark's server, now I just have to resist the temptation to build something else instead of going to all the trouble of furnishing it;

2011-05-03_190535.png

Ark

Guys I'm not sure what's going on with the server, but I've dropped a support ticket into multiplay to ask them what's going on.

Just keep trying to login, I had some issues too.

Ranger X

Ark said:
Nonononononononononononononono. I'm going to start building the bridge from my castle to the spawn today or tomorrow, please don't build a road to my castle, I've got everything planned out, haha.

Once again, thanks for the donations guys.

Now then, time to check out what people have built whilst I've been away..

Wait, I meant there will be a road that goes NEAR where you are and that you will be able to connect your part of road to it. I NEVER make roads near people's buildings and terrains. They all need to connect their the roads themselves. :)

If you already know where you'd want to connect to a road or passage on the mountain side of your castle, feel free to indicate me where. You can put some collumn of cobble with a torch on top or something, so I can spot the area easily. Otherwise I will pass a road through the mountain at a distance that looks safe.

Ark

Ranger X said:
Wait, I meant there will be a road that goes NEAR where you are and that you will be able to connect your part of road to it. I NEVER make roads near people's buildings and terrains. They all need to connect their the roads themselves. :)

If you already know where you'd want to connect to a road or passage on the mountain side of your castle, feel free to indicate me where. You can put some collumn of cobble with a torch on top or something, so I can spot the area easily. Otherwise I will pass a road through the mountain at a distance that looks safe.

I've already got a bridge from my castle straight to spawn planned out ;)

Dorrin

ckohler said:
By popular demand from my Justin.tv viewers, I'm going to be putting my single player world up for download tonight if anyone is interested. I have been in this world building solo-legit for six months. I think it's pretty epic. It's got giant structures, a full minecart system with four-way station, big warehouse, giant floating island, and more. Again, all built by me alone with no mods. That pyramid alone is 125x125 and made entirely out of stair blocks.

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this, my son and I have been watching your streaming for awhile now and it is really cool to get to walk around the world in person.

Vinci

Danish
Bootaaay said:
Gah, my PC crashed and now I can't login to Minecraft - is it down for anyone else?

Anyways, finished the exterior of my house thing on Ark's server, now I just have to resist the temptation to build something else instead of going to all the trouble of furnishing it;

2011-05-03_190535.png

Nice design.

Ranger X

Ark said:
I've already got a bridge from my castle straight to spawn planned out ;)

Ok cool.
But I think your should secure the place where your bridge/entrance way will end near the spawn so nobody builds something in the way. Central town is growing at a fast pace.

kennah

Ranger X said:
Are you guys the enormous tower we can see in the distance from my house??
It's the map in post 3235.

I'm the wool tower you can probably see from your house. Nothing massive, most of my constructions are underground.

I like making big long highways though, so was going to connect it for funsies. Have a neat plan for the frozen lake too, hoping it works.

Ark

Erm....Remind me not to worldedit in water again. I just crashed the server LOL.

Should be up in a sec.

Mik2121

This is all I've done today:

Osaq9.png

The Town Center fountain, my new Tree House (still Work In Progress) and a very very small cabin in the hill (the one with the white wood details).

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Mik2121 said:

Osaq9.png

The Town Center fountain, my new Tree House (still Work In Progress) and a very very small cabin in the hill (the one with the white wood details).

Insert Citizen Kane applause GIF here. Nicely done.

Mik2121

That's the only thing we are spawning, because there's no way to get it in the normal way. There should be a tool that could let you get those, or a new kind of tree (err, bush) that you can place around like this... :/

Kyaw

I guessed so. :(
Yeah bushes would be pretty cool. Although we could get long grass with mods.
And these 'bushes' dont decay, i presume?

Ark

Oh, I forgot to mention; we hit 14/15 players today! I upgrade to 15 and you guys just keep on coming LOL. Trying to get the lagg issues sorted out too.

If you aren't a Citizen rank yet, please post here or PM me and I'll promote you.

Mik2121

Ark said:
http://i.imgur.com/jGAga.png[img]

It's taken me ~6-7 hours to complete, but it's done! Woot.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Rfh2Q.png[img]

Who put this sign there? Lmao.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/xAMHu.jpg]And here's the cartograph map before I head off for the night, don't have time to label it right now.[/url][/QUOTE]
I put the sign there :P

Now that's the official name!!!

Ark

Mik2121 said:
I put the sign there :p

Now that's the official name!!!

You sneaky person :p

I completely forgot I need to add a rudder to the boat! I'll do that tomorrow, as well as add some colour to the sails. Then I can start adding houses to my castle, yay :)

Ranger X

Mik2121 said:

Osaq9.png

Awesome, did you need to move the street towards Grunchy's house?
Also, beside the fountain, do you still plan on building some city hall?

Ranger X

Ok, this is the streets that are in the making (80% finished actually).
You guys are good with that? Does it connect everyone? I'd like the road system to be made so everybody can connect their settlement entrances to it.

PlannedRoads.jpg

Will continue some tonight.
Also, Kennah, the road that goes near your place could turn and pass between you and the water (nearer the water than your settlement) if you want.

:)

Grinchy

Banned
Wow so much goes on when I am out doing work and school things...I need to reassess my priorities and just live on the Minecraft server lol.

I can see my house in the carograph finally! And since the last time I was on (this morning) a ton of random stuff has sprung up all around it. This server is moving quickly.

trinest

Mik2121 said:
That's the only thing we are spawning, because there's no way to get it in the normal way. There should be a tool that could let you get those, or a new kind of tree (err, bush) that you can place around like this... :/
Leaves stay if they are next to wood. So place wood under it then put it above it.

Top Bottom