• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Zomba13

Ark said:
Ok, I've had a couple of people ask me about donations, so I'll post up the link now.

Remember, it's not mandatory to donate, it's 110% up to you. But any and all donations will only go to the server.

EDIT: If do choose to donate, please post your MC name along with the donation.
Just donated £4.

Jasoco

Banned
Foxix said:
Oh snap really? :O
The power of HTML5 and JavaScript is strong. Fuck plug-ins when you can do the same thing without them.

Case in point: http://playbiolab.com/ (Completely JavaScript and works on everything including IE9 and iOS*, and Apple even approved it for the App Store even though it's not Cocoa.)

*Could not get it to play on Android, but it did load and display the intro screen. The buttons just wouldn't appear to actually play it. Might just be my phone.

Not that Minecraft should be ported to JavaScript of course. Though that would be impressive....ly slow probably.

Ark

Cartograph time! Sorry if your place isn't on there or labeled, it's probably because I couldn't find it.

wZHxH.jpgp

And my castle :)

RBPik.jpg

Also, thanks alot for the donations guys, we'll be up to a 15-player server sometime in the week :)

parasight

Hey Ark, I used to play on Asscraft with 2 of my friends (doogie48 & BertoSunchips) but since it went under I figured maybe we could hop onto NeoCraft. I'll donate like $5 towards the server somtime this week just to show my support. My MC name is foolosophy. Thanks for setting up a place for all us GAFers to play on. It sucks to lose all our work on AssCraft, but it's also exciting to have a fresh start on a new world.

Ark

parasight said:
Hey Ark, I used to play on Asscraft with 2 of my friends (doogie48 & BertoSunchips) but since it went under I figured maybe we could hop onto NeoCraft. I'll donate like $5 towards the server somtime this week just to show my support. My MC name is foolosophy. Thanks for setting up a place for all us GAFers to play on. It sucks to lose all our work on AssCraft, but it's also exciting to have a fresh start on a new world.

It's my pleasure :) Feel free to hop on and start building at any time.

I'm beginning to think even 15-players might not be enough, but we'll see.

I'm also tempted to let other people build in my castle, because I cba to fill it up lol.

EDIT: I've set the server to auto-restart every 4 days. But occasionally it will restart outside of that window, that's me messing around with some settings. Restarts barely take 60 seconds anywho.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ark said:
Cartograph time! Sorry if your place isn't on there or labeled, it's probably because I couldn't find it.

wZHxH.jpgp

RBPik.jpg

Also, thanks alot for the donations guys, we'll be up to a 15-player server sometime in the week :)
Yo, Ark, do you think you could try to find my floating island house? I honestly have no idea where I am in relation to everyone else. I'd like to connect it *somehow*

Zomba13

Ark said:

http://i.imgur.com/wZHxH.jpgp[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/RBPik.jpg[img]

Also, thanks alot for the donations guys, we'll be up to a 15-player server sometime in the week :)[/QUOTE]
Holy shit! Did you build the whole castle thing by yourself by hand? That's damn impressive if you did.

bengraven

Ark, can I get an add? I'm "railts". I like playing on different servers to feel them out. I have three giant castles on the other servers, so...haha

wow evilmario, that looks very impressive.

so guys i tried the demo of this game that was posted about a week ago and really liked it so im probably going to pick it up come this summer so i have something to keep me busy. and i was wondering is the multiplayer aspect the same as the single player but just you build along side other people?

Ark

EvilMario said:
Grand Central Station.. what a couple of guys from one of our servers has been working on for about two months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-IJQp3sAwo&feature=player_embedded#at=76

That's pretty damned awesome.

Zomba13 said:
Holy shit! Did you build the whole castle thing by yourself by hand? That's damn impressive if you did.

I built all of it in 7-8 hours...You have no idea how tedious building walls and towers for 8 hours is :p

And that's the easy bit! I've got to build a boat tomorrow. Happy days!

bengraven said:
Ark, can I get an add? I'm "railts". I like playing on different servers to feel them out. I have three giant castles on the other servers, so...haha

Feel free to pop in at any time :)

EDIT:

@Sai: I'll try and find your place, but I can't promise anything, haha.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Quite happy with the direction Minecraft is going now,

Bug Fixes and a couple more features.
Probably a ton of behind the scenes code cleanup too, hehe.

Vlad

matthewd49 said:
wow evilmario, that looks very impressive.

so guys i tried the demo of this game that was posted about a week ago and really liked it so im probably going to pick it up come this summer so i have something to keep me busy. and i was wondering is the multiplayer aspect the same as the single player but just you build along side other people?

As far as multiplayer goes, yes and no. There's a vanilla game which is almost exactly like Single-player (one or two features don't work, but nothing major), but there are also a TON of server-side plugins that can really change the game.

Right now I'm spending all my time on Mikor's Factions server. There's an in-game economy of sorts, purchasable and upgradeable skills, and PvP-oriented factions fighting. It's VERY different from the vanilla game.

Ark

Well I'll be damned.

I was not expecting such high interest after barely three days. I've now upgraded the Minecraft server to 15-slots (Vent is still 10-slots and will be setup tomorrow).

Enjoy :)

Ark said:

wZHxH.jpgp

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/RBPik.jpg[/img]

You can see my place (the base, and a marker tower) south of where the text for mrklaw's is.

Ark

elrechazao said:
You can see my place (the base, and a marker tower) south of where the text for mrklaw's is.

Oh yeah, I couldn't remember who's place it was.

v7rRr.jpg

Sai_kun...You've got no hope of connecting to spawn LOL.

Zomba13

Ark said:
Oh yeah, I couldn't remember who's place it was.

v7rRr.jpg

Sooo much frozen sea. thee needs to be an easy way to get to the awesome arches from spawn or something.

Are there any communal bank areas to contribute materials to? What's desirable? I've never played on a group server, would like to contribute some stuff.

Vlad said:
As far as multiplayer goes, yes and no. There's a vanilla game which is almost exactly like Single-player (one or two features don't work, but nothing major), but there are also a TON of server-side plugins that can really change the game.

Right now I'm spending all my time on Mikor's Factions server. There's an in-game economy of sorts, purchasable and upgradeable skills, and PvP-oriented factions fighting. It's VERY different from the vanilla game.
alright, thanks man, can't wait to purchase it.

Ark

Zomba13 said:
Sooo much frozen sea. thee needs to be an easy way to get to the awesome arches from spawn or something.

Well...You could make a HUGE minecart bridge, or I could set a /warp there since it's so damned far away.

elrechazao said:
Are there any communal bank areas to contribute materials to? What's desirable? I've never played on a group server, would like to contribute some stuff.

There's a bunch of community chests underneath the station at the spawn.

Ark

Ok, the server is now 100% upgraded to 15-slots. Apologies to the guys that were playing whilst I was restarting.

Enjoy! Back to college this week, so I'll only be on MC from around 5pm -10pm BST.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ark said:
And that's the easy bit! I've got to build a boat tomorrow. Happy days!

I have a boat in another server. Built based on a nanoblocks model I built. copied it in dirt, then changed the dirt to stone. Ended up with enough space for a couple of decks, so I have my cabin and two guest cabins, along with two swimming pools and a moonpool so you can enter/exit underwater.

also built a space shuttle - again copying nanoblocks. The orange wool took a while.

Ramma2

If anyone is interested in joining a quiet (2 active players) private server, let me know. I'm looking to add 1-2 more people just to get some new creations going and make things interesting.

My server has been up for 6 months, is backed up daily, and is mostly vanilla. I run bukkit only for kits, and the only kit we use now is the basic 3 diamond tools. I also keep a general store of sorts for stuff that you can't get normally, like tnt and stuff from the nether. When bukkit breaks and kits stop working I put tools in the store. No brick spawning.

Here's what our main area looks like:

Untitled.png

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Ranger X

Nice to see where other people are in the server Ark.

But really guys, building so far from spawn... what gives? We could have a rail road with boosts eventually going there but damn, your settlement are so far that it's basically no different than playing single player + added annoyance of the skipping the night for others.

Pimpbaa

Ranger X said:
Nice to see where other people are in the server Ark.

But really guys, building so far from spawn... what gives? We could have a rail road with boosts eventually going there but damn, your settlement are so far that it's basically no different than playing single player + added annoyance of the skipping the night for others.

I like to be less visible target from griefers, I like to chat with other people playing, and it's nice to go visit and see what others have built from time to time.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark that castle is incredible! I never made it out that far when I was walking around but I will definitely check it out once I've built a little something. Nice to see that the server is picking up quickly. I can't resist its power...

I need to gather a bunch of materials to build my house. I really like the unspoken theme of the spawn area.

Zomba13

5o92.png

My plans for my desert area.
Firstly gonna focus on the sand wall at the entrance. Then the inside of the palace. Then expansion. Then inside the expansion. Then adding another floor.

jambo

Ark said:

av383.png

Ark, I'd like a spot on the server if possible, I can donate some moolah if you need to expand it.

Minecraft name is jambowned

onken

Ark said:

http://i.imgur.com/wZHxH.jpgp[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/RBPik.jpg[img]

Also, thanks alot for the donations guys, we'll be up to a 15-player server sometime in the week :)[/QUOTE]

My base is in the bay just west of Creative2K's place. I hope to eventually make a looming tower visible from the station.

Zomba13 said:
Firstly gonna focus on the sand wall at the entrance. Then the inside of the palace. Then expansion. Then inside the expansion. Then adding another floor.

I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but the sand walls looks awesome in the distance from my base.

Speaking of, here's what I've done so far - haven't really got a plan, just building it layer by layer.

2011-05-02_193340.png

2011-05-03_005021.png

Zomba13

Bootaaay said:
I haven't had the chance to check it out yet, but the sand walls looks awesome in the distance from my base.

Speaking of, here's what I've done so far - haven't really got a plan, just building it layer by layer.

2011-05-02_193340.png

2011-05-03_005021.png
I saw you building that. Got a great view of it from one of my windows. It looks awesome.

Grinchy

Banned
I marked off a spot on a hill by the spawn. I have a chest and a little dirt shack with a bed in it. I'm still planning out my property and collecting materials. Can't wait to start building. I'll probably donate once I get around to it too ;)

bengraven

I really like the castle I finished building on another server, so I'm going to recreate it on Ark's server. My hill is diagnal from that "fish-shaped" island about 100 blocks in front of Ark's castle.

Ranger X

Pimpbaa said:
I like to be less visible target from griefers, I like to chat with other people playing, and it's nice to go visit and see what others have built from time to time.

I can understand that, but there are measures against griefing. I just thought that when the guys are far like that, it's harder to for them to participate in everything that is multiplayer about the game (wich is the point when you play in multi after all). Per example, it's extremely hard for them to contribute to the community chests and the Mob Grinder also won't benefit them.

I've been building lit roads that lead to my tower. Something about cutting a road through the hills just looks cool to me, especially from above. need to go dump materials in the group chests too, I have a bunch of stuff I don't use but I'm sure others could. Arrows, bones, feathers, wool, etc.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ranger X said:
I can understand that, but there are measures against griefing. I just thought that when the guys are far like that, it's harder to for them to participate in everything that is multiplayer about the game (wich is the point when you play in multi after all). Per example, it's extremely hard for them to contribute to the community chests and the Mob Grinder also won't benefit them.

When I started building in my island, I wasn't aware of how far it was from spawn. I just asked Ark to teleport me to wherever he was, and went to work.

It it reaallly frakking far though.

I'll build a long ass highway.

Ark

Grinchy said:
Ark that castle is incredible! I never made it out that far when I was walking around but I will definitely check it out once I've built a little something. Nice to see that the server is picking up quickly. I can't resist its power...

Hey thanks :)

I actually have a problem with the castle, in that I can't make a minecart station inside the castle because I didn't make the front gate wide enough, so that's a new challenge.

kennah said:
Challenge accepted. We had highways that big on the old server.

It should be too hard really, other than the initial mountains, it's all just sea & flat land.

Ranger X

I'll be making a road to your castle soon Ark. After that I'll only need to reach that huuuuge tower that someone just built.

By the way Ark, just sent 5$ your way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ranger X said:

is the mob grinder a bit too close to the community to work well? doesn't it have to be at least 23 blocks from anyone before mobs will spawn?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Really enjoying the server even though I'm not as skilled as some of the other gaffers.

Also, Ark I sent 5$ your way :).

Ranger X

mrklaw said:
is the mob grinder a bit too close to the community to work well? doesn't it have to be at least 23 blocks from anyone before mobs will spawn?

Dunno, I think it will be ok. I am the nearest I think and it's over 24 blocks. I am not aware of the spawning rules in multi though. I mean, if there's players everywhere it means no mobs would spawn but they do.

At least, I made the space for a mob grinder that is more tower-like. Hopefully this will help too since people will be further away from the spawning floors.

mcrae

Ark said:
Well I'll be damned.

I was not expecting such high interest after barely three days. I've now upgraded the Minecraft server to 15-slots (Vent is still 10-slots and will be setup tomorrow).

Enjoy :)

i'd recomend checking out the gaf mumble server. 100 slots and used for bunch of games for free

Top Bottom