• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

Server IP is in the OT.

I'm going to make a huge information post this weekend...getting tired of explaining everything lol.

Yaweee

I'm still a peasant, I think (chickenstrip2)

I like how so many people are building UP near the spawn point. Makes for some damn impressive views. The game has been running much better for me recently, too.

Untitled.jpg

my upside down pyramid and it's floating glass brother, my sand monolith, and my lighthouse in the distance on that island.

Grinchy

Banned
wow elrechazao that looks insane...

I tried to do some finishing touches on my house.

9sgye.png

I have a lot left to do inside. I haven't even touched the bedroom yet. But here's the dining room / living room / work room.

A3ZNZ.png

HNfdf.png

Since I'm still a peasant, might as well remember to take care of this. Name is nihontiger in game.

Been working on my main living quarters. Just got my waterfalls all set up and the glass wall I carved out of the mountainside is almost done for my master bedroom.

Ranger X

Grinchy said:
wow elrechazao that looks insane...

I tried to do some finishing touches on my house.

9sgye.png

I have a lot left to do inside. I haven't even touched the bedroom yet. But here's the dining room / living room / work room.

A3ZNZ.png

HNfdf.png

My neighbour is having some design taste :)

Ranger X

Grinchy said:
hahaha

When are you going to get back to working on the inside of your house?

hmm, I want to finish at least 3 or 4 spawning floors for the mob grinder and then start hunting clay to finish my bricking. After that I will get on the inside of the house. To make the mob grinder more effective, I will also have to clean all the caves in the spawn region someday too.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Today Onken and I finished up the road/tunnel to the western towers.

Come check em out if you got time :).

Ark

Nice work! I'll definitely hop on and check everything out in about 30 minutes.

Gotta get to finishing my castle this weekend.

EDIT: I'm assuming the server lagg is gone since I haven't heard anyone talk about it anymore?

Ark said:
Nice work! I'll definitely hop on and check everything out in about 30 minutes.

Gotta get to finishing my castle this weekend.

EDIT: I'm assuming the server lagg is gone since I haven't heard anyone talk about it anymore?
I got a bit yesterday, but it seemed to be me only, so I just reconnected and was fine.

Ark

Guys this place is incredible, you guys have been seriously busy over the last two days.

EDIT: Who keeps subtly building that small sand island behind me castle? Near my ship.

bengraven

Ark said:
For me; I want to try and finish my castle by Sunday evening. The F1 this weekend means I lose ~6 hours, but all I've got to build is a cathedral, town hall/tavern, barracks & houses.

You should make a shop for the Iconomy mod. ;)

Ark

bengraven said:
You should make a shop for the Iconomy mod. ;)

That means we would need iConomy though, and most people seem to be against any sort of economy, so we'll leave it out for now.

Ark said:
That means we would need iConomy though, and most people seem to be against any sort of economy, so we'll leave it out for now.

Being able to set up our own stores to sell excess items to other players would be pretty neat imo, but only if the prices are set so that's it's very expensive to get the rarer materials, because if it's too easy to get a ton of diamond or gold then it's no different from spawning.

Also, with the more mods you install wouldn't that increase the likelihood of the server not working because minecraft updated and the mod doesn't yet have support for the latest version?

bengraven

Bootaaay said:
Also, with the more mods you install wouldn't that increase the likelihood of the server not working because minecraft updated and the mod doesn't yet have support for the latest version?

This is the biggest downside.

That said, having a store with set prices by Ark would be nice. Sell your items for cash you can use for other items. The easier to find items are dirt cheap, the harder to get items more expensive. Makes it nice if you want to buy nether items right now as well.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark said:
It's a bit on the laggy side for me still but I've gotten used to it. The community is too good to care about the fact that even a zombie is lethal. Killing a single enemy is like fighting a boss in Demon's Souls lol. Not to mention I have noticed a lot of invisible enemies.

Ranger X

Bootaaay said:
Being able to set up our own stores to sell excess items to other players would be pretty neat imo, but only if the prices are set so that's it's very expensive to get the rarer materials, because if it's too easy to get a ton of diamond or gold then it's no different from spawning.

I personally was more interested by something like the community chests, were people GIVE their stuff to others, the opposite of real life. ;)
There's enough money thing is real life, I am happy it's not in all my videogames.

And yeah, I also hate mod dependancy because we are fucked each time there's a update to the game. That sucks.

Ark

Ranger X said:
And yeah, I also hate mod dependancy because we are fucked each time there's a update to the game. That sucks.

Not at all.

When a major update occurs, Multiplay leaves their servers running the previous update. All we have to do is keep/not-update/down-update to the client the server is running on to play.

Then, when multiplay has everything updated, it's all happy days.

Ranger X

Ark said:
Not at all.

When a major update occurs, Multiplay leaves their servers running the previous update. All we have to do is keep/not-update/down-update to the client the server is running on to play.

Then, when multiplay has everything updated, it's all happy days.

Of course you can do this. But then I can't update my single player game, its still an annoyance we can save us from. :p
When the mod support will be updated though...

Ark

Ranger X said:
Of course you can do this. But then I can't update my single player game, its still an annoyance we can save us from. :p
When the mod support will be updated though...

You can still update your single player game, you can download a separate client for the previous client.

Ranger X

ah yeah? nice. I didn't think about that.

Oh and what the easiest way to make another skin / change skin for my character on the server?

Mik2121

Some pics from NeoCraft!:

IhBsW.jpg

This is an overview of the town center and a bit of the Hill Network. I did some of the buildings like the igloo, the tree house, the fountain, the station (at the bottom) and everything between said station and the tree house. Ranger X is working on a mob grinder on the left, planning to make it about 3 or 4 floors high for now.

BwSdn.jpg

A close up of the Hill Network. All the houses here (except the one in the foreground) are connected underground or with the bridge outside.

CD94J.jpg

A new kickass tower being made by Mengy (dunno his GAF nickname). Really cool work right here.

o0ii1.png

Last but not least, The Floating Island. I made it from the ground up, placing every single goddamn dirt block. It took me a while, but the island itself is done. I'm working on the building(s) on top of it now. Also, the thing with the black wool and 3 gold block in between is a Sun God shrine. Everybody should praise the Sun God.

Good night!.

O D I N

I have an odd question, and have had trouble in finding a reliable answer.

I'll get some pictures up later to show my dilemma, but in a nutshell, I have a mini-castle I built on this server (server buddies set up from another forum).

The first thing that happened was I put water on the second level so that it would flow off the sides into the moat below. Also, I had squid spawn there. O__o (made an aquarium out of it).

Anyway, my problem is having a moat with an even height of water (or now, lava, as I decided to change it). No matter where, or how I place the water/lava, it never seems to be even. I try adding blocks underneath the flow/spawn point of said water/lava, and it doesn't seem to help.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. Any insight on the matter?

And any wood that I had on my castle did in fact burn up. It was amusing.

Twig

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Wow, that looks a million times better than the old server, where everyone just wanted to make big-ass things to outdo each other and it was all haphazardly placed.

There's still a hint of that in those screenshots, but it's much more subdued, and looks so much better for it.

The skin doesn't hurt, either. U:

bengraven

Ark said:
The server is up, 11 of us playing at the moment.

I know, I popped on like 5 minutes later and talked to you. ;)

Mik2121 said:

IhBsW.jpg

Goddamn treehouse is blocking my castle!

Mine is to the right of the stilt house far in the back, within the fog.

2011-05-07_17.22.50.png

My humble cabin on Ark's sever (and the entrance to my farm which I haven't started yet). My next project is to make an underground railway from there to my spawn house that I'm building.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What's the usual height you guys make your houses? I enjoy a 3 block house (as in, 2 blocks for me to stand in, one block above my head so I can jump around). Then a layer (for the ceiling/floor) and another 3 blocks on top.

Anybody has a better height for "rooms"?

drizzle said:
What's the usual height you guys make your houses? I enjoy a 3 block house (as in, 2 blocks for me to stand in, one block above my head so I can jump around). Then a layer (for the ceiling/floor) and another 3 blocks on top.

I do 4 personally, it gives you more breathing room but doesn't look too high.

Crispo

Banned
drizzle said:

I've downloaded a mod (Zan's) which let's me to hover and navigate air, so I do it however I want.

Ark

We hit 15/15 players a number of times today. Happy days!

I added two new buildings to my castle, and build a new modern-style home by the spawn:

The entrance to said home:
vMgst.jpg

The back to my home:
R2FMW.jpg

I'll get to posting the Cartograph in a minute too.

EDIT:

aAcaL.jpg

We're ALREADY almost at 100mb in file size. That's INSANE. So many great building projects going on now.

Grinchy

Banned
hitsugi said:
I see a few gigantic structures in there.. have there been screens posted of those?
No, they seem to be humble builders. I don't even know about half the stuff on the server until Ark posts a cartograph. Then there's like 10 things I want to go check out haha.

edit: I see pankaks is putting a huge glass roof on his tower

Top Bottom