• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mirk

Right here is where my under water base is. Sad you can't see it in the pic.

30a3o7o.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Grinchy said:
No, they seem to be humble builders. I don't even know about half the stuff on the server until Ark posts a cartograph. Then there's like 10 things I want to go check out haha.

edit: I see pankaks is putting a huge glass roof on his tower

Lol yep, trying to make a sky garden. Might expand it at a later date.

Wait...

Wait... I'm confused, you guys all live in the same world in Minecraft and build everything together?

Wholly shit at some of those lands and stuff, it looks incredible!

I will admit my ignorance about this game, but I thought it was Single Player?

ColonialRaptor said:
Wait...

Wait... I'm confused, you guys all live in the same world in Minecraft and build everything together?

This is a mp server. MP is slightly different than SP, but the basic concept is the same. Mine shit, build shit, and it's way more fun to be doing that when other people are around and doing the same.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
ColonialRaptor said:
Wait...

You can host/rent MP servers.

elrechazao said:
This is a mp server. MP is slightly different than SP, but the basic concept is the same. Mine shit, build shit, and it's way more fun to be doing that when other people are around and doing the same.

Okay, now that I've found that out this has become really interesting to me.

I'm lazy and the thought of building a big city / civilization by myself has been turning me off but the idea that you can band together with a group of people to build something amazing... well now that is certainly appealing!

So is it possible for someone to request to join this great group of people building 'Neocraft'?

fixed up a little entrance to my stilt house so i don't have to worry about spiders when leaving in the morning, and finally connected it to a path to spawn :)

ColonialRaptor said:
So is it possible for someone to request to join this great group of people building 'Neocraft'?

as long as you have minecraft, you can log in using the ip address in the OP :)

bengraven

O D I N said:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=144854&sid=644ca6e967b3d142b82f5095416dd7fa

Found this texture pack that I wanted to share. Once I install it on my own PC (at work now), I'll let you guys know what I think (if anyone cares... :cricket)

I'm a sucker for Borderlands, and from what I've seen, I'm pretty impressed.

I've been using this for the last couple months actually and it's really nice. I sometimes switch it out because it gets a bit too dreary and twisted and you just want something colorful or simple.

Wow, I think Minecraft might be something that I would really enjoy!

I'm going to have to get it I think.

The idea of this thing is fantastic... but my god, how much time investment would be needed to create a re-creation of Atlantis from Stargate: Atlantis? Because that's like my ultimate dream... to build and live in that in some creation game that allows me to build something one day.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I hope people continue to exercise restraint and keep within the style of spawn. Huge stuff, sculptures, all that should be a little distance away.

Grinchy

Banned
Hey creative, nimrod, anyone who has properties in the hill network, do you guys mind if I make an adjustment to the roads here?

This diagram should show what I wanted to do lol

DPS9x.png

This way it would just be one branch off the main road.

parasight

Nice you can see my partially built Yellow Submarine in the new render. Can't wait to see how it looks finished in the next render. There's so much new amazing buildings around the spawn. Everyone's really doing a great job.

onken

My place, will probably keep building the lower bridge upwards till I run out of cobble.

2co0upl.jpg

29p3d4z.jpg

Grinchy said:
Hey creative, nimrod, anyone who has properties in the hill network, do you guys mind if I make an adjustment to the roads here?

http://i.imgur.com/DPS9x.png[IMG]

This way it would just be one branch off the main road.[/QUOTE]

Sure go for it!

Mik2121

Grinchy said:

DPS9x.png

This way it would just be one branch off the main road.
Could you do it in front of the signs I placed? (with the West Towers and the Hill Network).

Otherwise, sounds good.

Grinchy

Banned
Alright cool. In the meantime, I've been messing with texture packs, and I'm blown away by this photorealism one.

FSWzR.png

I'm not usually into using texture packs but some of these are just sweet.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HOLY CRAP!

Sorry for the caps but god damn that looks awesome.

mcrae

Grinchy said:
Alright cool. In the meantime, I've been messing with texture packs, and I'm blown away by this photorealism one.

FSWzR.png

I'm not usually into using texture packs but some of these are just sweet.

i like it. can you link?

Pancakes

I love the view of the server at night:

HAUVj.jpg

Ark

mrklaw said:
I hope people continue to exercise restraint and keep within the style of spawn. Huge stuff, sculptures, all that should be a little distance away.

Definitely, we don't want any over-sized mammoths in the initial spawn area.

Kyaw said:
Arkano, can you upload the server map for me to download please?

What for? The map changes every 30 seconds :p

Kyaw

Ark said:
Definitely, we don't want any over-sized mammoths in the initial spawn area.

What for? The map changes every 30 seconds :p

So that i can upload a good map picture without shitty compression. :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, looking at Ark's latest cartograph pic and I realize that I haven't seen even half of the map yet, there are so many other constructions that I need to go see. My tower is up, but far from finished. Still lots of detail work to do. Gonna have to go on a flower and sheep hunt real soon to get mats, LOL.

defel

Unfortunately Ive become addicted to Minecraft at the wrong time what with exams in the next few months. Im dreaming about this game. The other day on the train I imagined myself mining away at the ground next to the railway line.

bengraven

I like my castle. It's fairly plain, but I've never used so much cobble in my life.

It's like...a right of passage that I haven't taken part in yet.

Ranger X

Some of the most busy and best views of the server are from Mik2121's floating island at the spawnpoint. I had pics but they are already outdated. I shall take more!

Ark

neocraft-logooo2h.png

NeoCraft (or Ark’s server) is a NeoGAF Minecraft server where all can come and enjoy building with a great community!

The server is hosted in the UK, London and holds a maximum of 15-players, we also have a Ventrilo server which only holds 10-players. In an attempt to reduce griefng to an absolute minimum, we also have a ranking system which goes as follows:

Ranks:

1) Peasant - The default rank you will be assigned to upon joining the server for the first time. Peasants cannot lock chests or doors.

2) Citizen - Could otherwise be called a ‘full member’ rank. You can do everything a Peasant can do and more! Oh, and you get a green coloured name.

3) Donator - Can do everything a Citizen and Peasant can do, but has an orange coloured name instead, and bragging rights that you’ve donated.

4) Moderator - Speaks for itself really.

5) Admin - Almighty and powerful.

Now we all know that vanilla Minecraft is the best Minecraft, so what we’ve done is add in just a few addons to make your survival multiplayer experience the best it could possibly be.

Addons:

1) Bukkit - The heart of the server, controls just about everything.

2) WorldGuard - Anti-griefing addon

3) WorldEdit - Lets us undo any griefing attempts, fix broken water, the possibilities with this addon are endless.

4) Lockette - Want to lock your chests to stop people from stealing stuff? Go ahead and do it by placing a sign either next, or in front of your chest and write [Private] on the first line.

5) iChat - Coloured names and groups!

6) ScheduledAnnouncer - You have no excuse for being an idiot when we have this addon running, and this post.

7) Weathergod - Control the weather? Control the weather.

Server IPs (Quote to view):

Minecraft

Ventrilo

Just before you jump in and start building tonnes of stuff, take a note of these few rules and pointers:

You can access the rules in-game by typing /rules. But essentially, don’t be an idiot and never, ever leave floating trees around. It’s been told in ancient legends the the Sun God covers the dwelling of any ‘floating tree leaver’ in a thick layer of bedrock.

When you spawn, turn around and you will see the NeoCraft train station (although there are no trains running through it at the moment), underneath that station are the community chests. Where anyone and everyone can dump their unwanted materials for others to benefit.

The cartograph map of NeoCraft should go here, but it would be pointless. The server changes so much with each passing day it’s difficult to keep up with it.

Donations:

The server doesn’t run itself. We’ve already received a number of donations from the community. Any and all donations go directly to the server fee’s, no where else. Any donation amount is accepted and we greatly appreciate them. Also, please remember to include your Minecraft name with your donation so that you can be moved to the Donator group.

With all said and done, I command you to go and play right this second.

bengraven

DurielBlack said:
Please, if you are going to make gigantic structures out of stone, don't be lazy, smelt some cobble into smooth stone.

I purposely made my cobble. Not just because I strip mined 7k+ from beneath my castle.

Mostly because my texture pack makes it so damn sexy I just didn't give a fuck.

Awesome comprehensive post Ark, although you might want to mention that you type '/rules 2' to get to the 2nd page of rules, as quite a few of us were dumb enough not to realise, lol.

DurielBlack said:
Please, if you are going to make gigantic structures out of stone, don't be lazy, smelt some cobble into smooth stone.

Man, some people just hate cobble. I don't see the problem. Looks ugly? Get a texture pack.

@bengraven - is your castle the one next to Ark's minecart track?

bengraven

Bootaaay said:
Awesome comprehensive post Ark, although you might want to mention that you type '/rules 2' to get to the 2nd page of rules, as quite a few of us were dumb enough not to realise, lol.

Man, some people just hate cobble. I don't see the problem. Looks ugly? Get a texture pack.

@bengraven - is your castle the one next to Ark's minecart track?

Yyyeah, I just built a giant tower on top of it, but I think I'm cutting it down. Cloud-tapping towers aren't that impressive anymore.

Mexx

Neo Member
How to make a window? Some kind of the Ark windows style. I know how to make a glass, but don't know how to make a window. I'm just started playing Minecraft.

Ark

Mexx said:
How to make a window? Some kind of the Ark windows style. I know how to make a glass, but don't know how to make a window. I'm just started playing Minecraft.

...What?

O D I N

Mexx said:

I could be wrong, but I think that's a texture pack doing that.

Mik2121

Mexx said:
That's a texture pack. There are no windows, just glass :)

Kyaw

My humble Tower of Sun God...

Not finished yet, need to go a long way to furnish and design the interiors properly. Already done some of the top floor stuff.

javaw2011-05-0821-42-0rx3s.png

shigsy

Kyaw said:
My humble Tower of Sun God...

Not finished yet, need to go a long way to furnish and design the interiors properly. Already done some of the top floor stuff.

*snip*

Wow looks awesome. Would you mind telling me what graphics/texture packs you're using please? Shit looks waaaay better than vanilla :)

Top Bottom