• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Excellent, thank you. I would hate to mess up the awesome vibe so I'm trying to be cautious. Thanks again. I'm going now to find a spot to build!
I too will follow the rules.

Oh!.. hello I'm new here (Not NeoGAF mind you). Just wanted to extend a handshake and give a nod to what you guy have been up to by adding on and joining the fun.

We cool?

Mirk

Ark said:
I'm going to cancel the Vent server because it gets no love.

I have a vent server that is used for my guild in wow. You guys are welcome to use it at anytime if you want. Just pm me for the info.

Ark said:
Just common sense. Don't build stupid/ugly stuff, don't build too close to other peoples buildings, etc etc.

Also, I would like to announce that Toki1776 is NeoCrafts' first moderator! Woooo *confetti*

I'm going to be looking to appoint a second moderator before the weekend is over, so watch out.
Speaking of this (and not talking about my house) but some people have built some...err...large houses right in front of other peoples' houses, and really close.

Kuran

Banned
I think Notch dropped the ball regarding communicating to his peoples.. I know more about the ugly hats that he buys than the future updates of the game.

I just wish all that money went back into the game itself, I have the feeling its only Notch working on this at the moment.

Toki1776

guest1321 said:
The new spawn is ~10 blocks underground with stairs leading to the previous spawn location. Note: I may be wrong but it doesn't seem that far away from the prior one.

Just out of curiosity, what is your minecraft name, guest?

turned my booty bay fishing cabin into a backwater gumbo joint.

appleby_gumboqu41.png

there's food in the chests if people need it, free but if you do want to barter/donate i'd be totally happy with 3 sticks per fish/chop and 1 for a loaf of bread. that will at least keep me in cooking mats and fishing rods. ;)

just a shame we can't make grog from the sugarcane..

Ranger X

There was a nice hill behind Mik2121's house on Booty Bay. I want to take it.
I hope I can build there or on the beach below at worse.

Anyhow, I asked around and people said it's fine. There was no signs or blocks there so I made some boundaries for my place.

Toki1776

Well, the map's not updated yet, but I decided to make a cave map, and a night map. Here are the links(if they don't load properly, wait a little bit, it may still be uploading):
Cave:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22083707/caveneocraft/map.html
Night:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22083707/nightneocraft/map.html
And the normal map:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22083707/neocraft/map.html

As long as I'm hosting the maps, these links won't change, so bookmark them if you plan to use the map often. Even when I update the map, these links will be good.

Grinchy

Banned
Awesome Toki....the night map is pimp.

I also checked out your other map by putting the word "world" in for "neocraft."

BTW, did you get your name from the Metalocalypse character?

Mirk

Mr_Appleby said:
turned my booty bay fishing cabin into a backwater gumbo joint.

pic

there's food in the chests if people need it, free but if you do want to barter/donate i'd be totally happy with 3 sticks per fish/chop and 1 for a loaf of bread. that will at least keep me in cooking mats and fishing rods. ;)

just a shame we can't make grog from the sugarcane..

I filled the chests up with more bread, pork and fish for you!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, the community mine is ready for use! Many stone picks died to dig this mine. Here are a few pics of it:

2011-05-12_190116.png

This is the minehouse. It is nestled on the inside of the bay area, east of Mik's house.

2011-05-13_010322.png

The staircase down. All the way to bedrock.

2011-05-13_010337.png

Here is the branch mine. It consists of three levels that spans the entire diamond range (5-16). The side tunnels are staggered 1X2 tunnels going north and south. With this design every block is exposed with minimal mining.

2011-05-13_010348.png

I included a public workbench and made a public storage room so people can dump their excess cobble and junk or whatever.

Now to tunnel all the way to spawn. By the way, we have alot of caves and lava under Booty Bay. A lot.

Broke into what seems to be another set of caverns with a lot of obsidian, ore and mobs from the main BB-mine. If you want to check it out, go to the first door before hitting the bedrock level from the main mine, then turn right 'til you see the sign for the Tunnel Without A Cause. Follow that down to the eventual end.

Ark

Ranger X said:
There was a nice hill behind Mik2121's house on Booty Bay. I want to take it.
I hope I can build there or on the beach below at worse.

Anyhow, I asked around and people said it's fine. There was no signs or blocks there so I made some boundaries for my place.

I cleared the trees and leveled that hill. I was going to build there but decided against it because I didn't want my path to the harbour going right past Mik's house (which is really awkwardly placed lol :p).

So I shall build my house elsewhere!

Grinchy

Banned
The mine looks awesome.

BTW, look at Booty Bay at night from a boat. This is just the dock area btw, it's much bigger than this.

bhRHK.jpg

lol this server is awesome

guest1321

Mengy said:
By the way, we have alot of caves and lava under Booty Bay. A lot.

To say the least. I went quite of a bit of the slots tonight and ran into lava A LOT! I put glass over it when I could so it is apparent where it is. I had never thought of using glass to cover lava in a cave system before but now having seen it I love it. It gives it a very classy lair/mine vibe.

Mengy

guest1321 said:
To say the least. I went quite of a bit of the slots tonight and ran into lava A LOT! I put glass over it when I could so it is apparent where it is. I had never thought of using glass to cover lava in a cave system before but now having seen it I love it. It gives it a very classy lair/mine vibe.

Yeah, I do that alot and did it in the public mine. I like the "natural" light, lol.

Mengy

Ranger X said:
Full of caves? This is great because I much prefer spelunking than mining. :)

Yeah, the main mineshaft that will (eventually) run back to spawn is going to end up intersecting quite a bit of caves. I've already set up two doors as entrypoints into the cave network, and from some spelunking that Bootay and I did last night, some of the low lying caves are right in the path of the main mine tunnel. I'm setting up doors and marking them off as I encounter them. My line of thinking is to build access points from the mine into the caves, but to make sure the mine is as secure as possible from wandering monsters. Fool and Zod were in some caves that run under the town hall last night and I could see their names far in the distance ahead of me as I was digging the tunnels, so I know there are more caves ahead of the mine. And lava, so much lava last night.

.nimrod

Just a little preview on what CreativeSK and me have been working on yesterday + today:

1vztx.png

2ayjn.png

3wap0.png

It's gonna be the entrance to a nether portal and it's not too far away from the spawn.

Too bad it's facing north, so it won't show up on the map, but we couldn't find another mountain that was big enough.

guest1321

.nimrod said:
It's gonna be the entrance to a nether portal . . .

Does anyone know if the nether works in multiplayer? I have yet to try but I recall reading somewhere that it isn't fully operational, or hasn't been included yet.

.nimrod

guest1321 said:
Does anyone know if the nether works in multiplayer? I have yet to try but I recall reading somewhere that it isn't fully operational, or hasn't been included yet.

Notch confirmed that it will work in 1.6 and we wanted to be prepared :D

Grinchy

Banned
damn nimrod...you and creative do some fine work

I've always wanted to make a face, but never thought I could pull it off. That skull is bad ass.

.nimrod

Grinchy said:
damn nimrod...you and creative do some fine work

I've always wanted to make a face, but never thought I could pull it off. That skull is bad ass.

Thanks, it took us a lot of time.
We still have to do some terraforming to get the mountain right and lower the ground in front of the skull. Its about 50-60 layers tall at the moment.

Mengy

.nimrod said:
Just a little preview on what CreativeSK and me have been working on yesterday + today:

It's gonna be the entrance to a nether portal and it's not too far away from the spawn.

Wow, that is freaking awesome. You should make it into a base of sorts and call it Castle Grayskull!!!!

You know, the nether in SMP is a strange topic. In single player, I always used many nether portals to allow fast travel across vast distances in my worlds. In SMP we can simply /warp Bootybay or /home and so on. Fast travel is really the only reason to go to the nether, other than to get a few mats. It will be good to have it working in SMP after 1.6, I just don't know if I'll care or not...

Unless we decide to build a nether village next to a lava lake. Then I'll go, lol. Notch really needs to add some more incentive into the nether, something like a special ore that could persuade us to build nether mines, or a special mushroom that only grows on soul sand, or a new nether mob that is rare and drops diamonds, or hell hounds that we can tame as pets...

Sofo

.nimrod said:

1vztx.png

Too bad it's facing north, so it won't show up on the map, but we couldn't find another mountain that was big enough.
That's way too cool! Plus love the sketches. Grats on the project!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Grinchy said:
The mine looks awesome.

BTW, look at Booty Bay at night from a boat. This is just the dock area btw, it's much bigger than this.

bhRHK.jpg

lol this server is awesome

Damn!

I don't log on for a day and you guys go nuts. Looks great!

Ranger X

Mengy said:
Wow, that is freaking awesome. You should make it into a base of sorts and call it Castle Grayskull!!!!

You know, the nether in SMP is a strange topic. In single player, I always used many nether portals to allow fast travel across vast distances in my worlds. In SMP we can simply /warp Bootybay or /home and so on. Fast travel is really the only reason to go to the nether, other than to get a few mats. It will be good to have it working in SMP after 1.6, I just don't know if I'll care or not...

Unless we decide to build a nether village next to a lava lake. Then I'll go, lol. Notch really needs to add some more incentive into the nether, something like a special ore that could persuade us to build nether mines, or a special mushroom that only grows on soul sand, or a new nether mob that is rare and drops diamonds, or hell hounds that we can tame as pets...

Actually glow stone is pretty cool and right now we need Ark to spawn it for use. If the Nether was available, we could mine glowstone out.

.nimrod said:

3wap0.png

Awesomeness guys!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a good way to automatically start/shutdown a server? I have a mac mini hosting on my home LAN and i need to free up resources when running plex with 1080p stuff

Hadn't realized the Nether'd be in SMP in 1.6! Gathered a surplus of obsidian.

Tunnel Without A Cause has turned into a diagonal tunnel towards the spawn.

bengraven

My biggest reason for getting excited for the nether in SMP?

I've never built anything down there, just didn't spend enough time when not running from ghasts. So now I get to see what other people do...to help me not get blown up by ghast. ;)

dammit, MC froze on me while swimming. I tried to get it brought back or at least close it before I drown, but I was forced to hear myself drown as MC shut down.

Ark

Am I the only one who can't log in to the MC server? The connection just times out on me..

EDIT: Minecraft.net is down..Awesome.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ark said:
Am I the only one who can't log in to the MC server? The connection just times out on me..

EDIT: Minecraft.net is down..Awesome.

I was on, got a message that said server is restarting you will be disconnected. And then I was disconnected.

.nimrod

Thanks for the comments, a little update for those who weren't there earlier :D

javaw2011-05-1321-40-4emtg.png

We still need to do lots of terraforming and it's pretty tedious :/

Mik2121

Maybe you guys could add a block row on the bottom of the eyes or carve one block inside and put some torches in there. That way the torches cannot be seen but in the night the eyes will glow!.

Jasoco

Banned
.nimrod said:

javaw2011-05-1321-40-4emtg.png

We still need to do lots of terraforming and it's pretty tedious :/
Put some lava pools in the eyes. Man would that be sweet.

Grinchy

Banned
.nimrod said:

Awesome work. Don't go and do something crazy now like take other people's advice on what to add to it. It is amazing and still slightly subtle. IMO that's perfect.

Top Bottom