• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

I have my bed against the wall, but on the second floor. I guess I've been lucky I haven't been woken up yet by a Spider or something that got onto the walkway.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Eccocid said:
Are beds only multiplayer only?

I can't craft them. 3 wooden box(or even wood) and 3 cotton above them and nothing comes.
If you're using anything other than the default texture pack, you likely don't have a texture for it unless you've updated recently.

I had that problem; the inventory slot looked empty, but if you hovered over it it would still say "bed." I could even use it in game, even though the model was invisible as well.

Eccocid

Monroeski said:
If you're using anything other than the default texture pack, you likely don't have a texture for it unless you've updated recently.

I had that problem; the inventory slot looked empty, but if you hovered over it it would still say "bed." I could even use it in game, even though the model was invisible as well.

Oh that explains it thanks! I am using a texture pack and i haven't checked if it has a new version after the update. It was driving me crazy lol thanks!

Eccocid

Btw it is impossible to build a house and live peacefully in that CRAZY WORLD!
the spawn area is so busy with mobs havent seen anything like that before!
is it a glitch? should i keep playing in there? Map looks amazing but hard to build a house on spawn point when there are constant visits from Creepers and others.. :(

Atomski

Eccocid said:
Btw it is impossible to build a house and live peacefully in that CRAZY WORLD!

Put up some walls and light the whole area up with torches. If its not dark and they can't get in things should be pretty peaceful.

Jasoco

Banned
Why do people build their houses out of wood? Then cry when it unexpectedly burns down? I never use wood for anything but some floors. (That aren't going to be near fire) Or wood stairs for certain roofs. (Which are usually high enough away from the fire.) I use stone, cobblestone, or now sandstone which looks really nice when used to make a small house. I've never had fire burn anything down when separated by 1 block of stone or double-steps.

Eccocid said:
Are beds only multiplayer only?

I can't craft them. 3 wooden box(or even wood) and 3 cotton above them and nothing comes.

Did you miss the version update? Minecraft.net has been down.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like you got it figured out.

Jasoco said:
Why do people build their houses out of wood? Then cry when it unexpectedly burns down? I never use wood for anything but some floors. (That aren't going to be near fire) Or wood stairs for certain roofs. (Which are usually high enough away from the fire.) I use stone, cobblestone, or now sandstone which looks really nice when used to make a small house. I've never had fire burn anything down when separated by 1 block of stone or double-steps.

It looks nice and having all stone/cobblestone buildings gets old?

Just practice fire safety, kids. When you're dealing with something that can burn your fucking house down, do more to prevent it than you need to.

Ranger X

I like Brick houses with Sand Stone base and Wooden roof. Looks like nice. You put your favorite dyed wool inside for your carpet. :)

Jasoco

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
It looks nice and having all stone/cobblestone buildings gets old?

Just practice fire safety, kids. When you're dealing with something that can burn your fucking house down, do more to prevent it than you need to.
My Cobblestone looks like castle bricks. Cobblestone is ugly. Painterly is better.

Nearing the last days of Spot's server, I started making this space shuttle. Just wanted to say that it's now complete! Click the images for larger ones. :)

May the space shuttles have a restful retirement.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ArtistDude88 said:
Nearing the last days of Spot's server, I started making this space shuttle. Just wanted to say that it's now complete! Click the images for larger ones. :)
Prepare for launch to another world!

Jasoco

Banned
Yay. Found my first dungeon (On an actual difficulty level) with a Zombie Spawner. But I thought you could reclaim spawners? Do they not become collectable? Mine just disappeared when I destroyed it.

Also, finally saw my first slime. I was beginning to think they were a myth. A silly joke. But he spawned in a dark spot in my current underground quarry mine. Probably the same dark spot those damn Creepers kept spawning in. (And sneaking up on my while I was rearranging items in my wall mounted chests. Until I decided to move the chests back up to the surface entrance.)

I wish I could keep him. Shame he'll disappear if I leave the area. :(

He's a little guy so he's harmless. But I had to widen the doorway and stairway to my mineshaft entrance house to let him out.

4tvpub.jpg

Edit: Aww, dammit. I hit him with my shovel while trying to build him a pen. Now I have two slimeballs. :'( Rest in peace, little guy.

Eccocid

man Crazy world is so crazy!
whenever i step out from my home a Creeper explodes it feels like living in a town which keeps getting bombed by enemy planes lol

Eccocid

Blizzard said:
Notch met with Peter Molineux this morning, we're DOOMED! Fable 4craft incoming!

Peter must be jealous of him! Remember Project Ego when Molineux was saying that you will be able to grow tress and shape the game world?

pirata

ArtistDude88 said:

May the space shuttles have a restful retirement.

I remember that! Man, you're making me nostalgic for our old world. Monsters and minecarts might be nice, but nothing beats the majesty of that great city. Maybe we can get together some public building/art projects on exano's server to make things look a little more impressive...

Eccocid

I have been building all alone on exano's server for the past few hours. across the river you will see two small houses connected each other with sand tunnels and stone ceilings. the house with 2 floors is mine! feel free to use items on the chest(tho not much there).

I'm so bad at this game. I keep dying most of the time when I go on a mining trip. I think I'm just impatient.

Also, those space shuttle pics are awesome.

Eccocid

damn creepers are so dedicated to destroy my magnificent 9th wonder of the Asscraft server Tunnels made of Sand and Boredom :(

Blizzard said:
Notch met with Peter Molineux this morning, we're DOOMED! Fable 4craft incoming!

I'm actually for this if:
1. it means the possibility of kinect intergration for minecraft in some limited ways.
2. tech from minecraft finds it's way into something being produced at MGS.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My wife and I finally bought the game (two copies, even). We've been playing together on a local server at home. Standard survival stuff. We've built into the side of a mountain, and have a secure stairwell going from bottom to top. We've mostly been mining the nearby quarry's, but the rarest ore we've found so far has been Gold.

Pictures of nothing too amazing:

jpgGV.png

KJahj.png

fATiQ.png

7lOdx.png

Ranger X

You know what would be great?
To have an underwater fauna and when you want to go swim in there, you could craft yourself and helmet like this:

iron / iron / iron
iron / glass / iron
none / none/ none

This would let you breath infinitely underwater --- until it wears out.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've added Timan's creative server to the server list, the videos you guys suggested, and a link to the KickStarter page for the documentary.

I'll add the seeds section to the OP once I'm back home later.

Eccocid

EvilMario said:
We've mostly been mining the nearby quarry's, but the rarest ore we've found so far has been Gold.

You need to dig much deeeeeeeeeper for diamonds! They are usually around 10-15 blocks above the bottom.

Timan

Developer
Well we started another server (laugh I know) 20 slots, 1.3 bukkit

But this one is purely creative, basically GAF Land creative resurrected.

Quote to see address:

So, can anyone just join a gaf server from gaf, or is there some sort of approval process I need to go through to prove I'm no gonna grief it to hell?

itxaka

Defeatist
Giard said:
Think I found a bug...
[MG]http://i.imgur.com/CIxYM.jpg[/IMG]

Octopus (octopii?) spawning in waterfalls. lol
Fuck them. I have a direct waterfall from the ocean to my cave close the the end of the world. I was peacefully going there to escape from some creepers so I jump down on it, go down down down and then suddenly a fucking octopus is there in the cave with half of his body moving.

I didn't knew there were introduced so you can understand how fucking creepy that was and how I spilled my coffe because of the girly jump I did when turning around and seeing it there looking at my on my OWN cave.

Goddammit.

Eccocid

itxaka said:
Fuck them. I have a direct waterfall from the ocean to my cave close the the end of the world. I was peacefully going there to escape from some creepers so I jump down on it, go down down down and then suddenly a fucking octopus is there in the cave with half of his body moving.

I didn't knew there were introduced so you can understand how fucking creepy that was and how I spilled my coffe because of the girly jump I did when turning around and seeing it there looking at my on my OWN cave.

Goddammit.

I read about octopus and swimming became something much more scary suddenly. Later i found one in a 2x1 water pool on desert lol! killed it and got the inkball or sack from it.

Ranger X

I never encountered and octopus in my world. Wierd.
Now looks like I gotta find some!! Is there any other fishes in the game?

Jasoco

Banned
They need to tweak the Mob spawning algorithm. I rarely see Squid in pools near me. According to the wiki, the game spawns 5 at most. But they're always far from the player. I think it needs to first spawn at least 1for every chunk that has water, then spawn the other Mobs.

Also, we need to be able to keep mobs as pets. I'm picturing a special "branding iron" item that will mark an animal for keeping. Then it'll be saved with the chunk when you leave and will remain where of was until you return at which point it would be loaded again. Then make them regenerate themselves every day. Sheep would get wool back. Cows milk... and put in other animals. Like horses and ducks for farm animals. And other wild animals. I said it before but they need to acquire that Mobs mod. I'm tired of the same sheep, pigs, cows, chickens and squid.

And increase the Mob limit too. The game can handle it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Timan said:
Well we started another server (laugh I know) 20 slots, 1.3 bukkit

But this one is purely creative, basically GAF Land creative resurrected.

Quote to see address:
The address has already been added to the OP, Timan.

Jasoco said:
They need to tweak the Mob spawning algorithm. I rarely see Squid in pools near me. According to the wiki, the game spawns 5 at most. But they're always far from the player. I think it needs to first spawn at least 1for every chunk that has water, then spawn the other Mobs.

Also, we need to be able to keep mobs as pets. I'm picturing a special "branding iron" item that will mark an animal for keeping. Then it'll be saved with the chunk when you leave and will remain where of was until you return at which point it would be loaded again. Then make them regenerate themselves every day. Sheep would get wool back. Cows milk... and put in other animals. Like horses and ducks for farm animals. And other wild animals. I said it before but they need to acquire that Mobs mod. I'm tired of the same sheep, pigs, cows, chickens and squid.

Those are pretty cool ideas. I've always thought of the passive mobs as wasted opportunities the way they ware now in the game.

You should throw them in Get Satisfaction and link us the page so we can bump it.

Ranger X

Jasoco said:

Yes, develloping a farming aspect would be great indeed. He could also make so the friendly NPCs cannot cross those wooden fences we can craft to complement what you said.

Toki1776

Jasoco said:

Hmm... I'm quite sure there can be more than 5 squid at once. We currently have 5 squid captive, and I still find them in random oceans. I think one of the big reasons that squid seem to be so rare is that (according to my tests, at least) they don't de-spawn...ever. Combine that with the vast amount of potential spawning locations, including random underground pools, and you have squid spawning in places you'll likely never see, staying there until you find them.

I totally agree that there needs to be more mobs and a way to control de-spawning, though. I believe at one point Notch mentioned wanting to put in a way to keep select animals from de-spawning, so you can farm them and such. I believe pink sheeplets were mentioned...

Would just like to promote Timan's Creative Server a bit.

Here's the spawn area and the Community Building!

Up a little closer...

Inside the Community Building!

I think it's safe to say we're aiming to make giant epic structures and nice towns/cities like the first GAF-Land! So strap on your creative hats!

Ranger X

In creative mode do you still have to go get all the materials manually or you have access to all of them right away?

Citizen K

ArtistDude88 said:
Would just like to promote Timan's Creative Server a bit.

Here's the spawn area and the Community Building!

I think it's safe to say we're aiming to make giant epic structures and nice towns/cities like the first GAF-Land! So strap on your creative hats!

Looks great. I've never played inecraft MP, for a 'creative' server like this do you still have to mine for resources or do you spawn whateveer blocks you need at will? Seems it'll take so long just to gather resources for these epic creations!

edit - didnt notice Ranger asked the same question in the last post

Citizen K said:
Looks great. I've never played inecraft MP, for a 'creative' server like this do you still have to mine for resources or do you spawn whateveer blocks you need at will? Seems it'll take so long just to gather resources for these epic creations!

edit - didnt notice Ranger asked the same question in the last post

Ranger X said:
In creative mode do you still have to go get all the materials manually or you have access to all of them right away?

Nope, if you ask, you shall receive pretty much :)

All I want to do is establish a base of operations on Asscraft but my computer keeps stalling.

Eccocid and Salmon, thanks for the help and I'll be back asap. We will go on unrivaled adventures.

Ranger X

So what's the IP for Tinman's server? it's not written in the OP.
I dont want to be a pain but the other guy's server is nowwhere to be seen either. There's a link to his blog in the OP but the server IP isn't on the blog...

I hope Exano will at least divulge his.

Exano

Neo Member
Hey0 1.3 came out, waiting on two plugins so server should hopefully be updated this time tomorrow.

Top Bottom