• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Bradlums

Ether_Snake said:
Good lord this is amazing O_O

Twig said:
Every aspiration I ever had for my Minecraft constructions just melted away into nothingness.

;_;
As did mine. I always wanted to make the bath house from Spirited Away but knew it wouldn't come out the way I wanted. Luckily we can all download this map and maybe if we're lucky some of their minecraft greatness will rub off on us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Grinchy said:
I'm really starting to like minecraft4kids...

I'm going to try out the wind waker pack and the cleanlines soon.

Minecraft4kids and the wind waker pack are one and the same if I'm understanding things right. He based all the textures off of the rough equivalent surfaces in Wind Waker.

Hooooly shit Ghibli World. Goosebumps.

Ark

neocraft-logooo2h.png

Donations:

The server doesn’t run itself. We’ve already received a number of donations from the community. Any and all donations go directly to the server fee’s, no where else. Any donation amount is accepted and we greatly appreciate them. Also, please remember to include your Minecraft name with your donation so that you can be moved to the Donator group.

I've had a couple of people ask about how to donate, so I'm reposting this.

Jasoco

Banned
I've been thinking of joining NeoCraft. Is there still openings? If I like it enough I would gladly donate. Also, how long do you guys plan on keeping a single world before you restart anew? I'd hate to join now and have to restart something so soon. Last time I was on a GAF server was months ago. Some people might remember that night. It was fun. I didn't build anything though as I was looking around first.

Jasoco

Banned
I still wish Minecraft could generate giant islands in the middle of oceans with a beach around the southern ends and cliffs along the back and a mountain in the middle. I'd love to build an island paradise with a volcano and a mountain lair and a little village down by the beaches. Maybe a second mountain without lava in the top with a snowy area in the top part. Basically it would generate the entire island chunk at a time instead of procedurally. Then place a bit of ocean around it in a rectangular area.

Then as you sail out to sea it would create smaller and bigger versions at good enough distances from the original. By creating more water surrounded rectangles with islands in the middle.

I'd pay more for a generation mode like this. Another $10 to Mojang just to get island and ocean generation. Plus the ocean should be deeper. Like down to 32 blocks and not just like 10 or so.

'Twould be my dream Minecraft.

Also, holy shit at that video too. I love these things. Especially for getting ideas.

Ark

Jasoco said:
I've been thinking of joining NeoCraft. Is there still openings? If I like it enough I would gladly donate. Also, how long do you guys plan on keeping a single world before you restart anew? I'd hate to join now and have to restart something so soon. Last time I was on a GAF server was months ago. Some people might remember that night. It was fun. I didn't build anything though as I was looking around first.

There are no immediate plans to restart the world map, there's so much stuff right now it's just not worth losing. We'll stick with this map for as long as we can, it has EVERYTHING, seriously! :p

Hawkian said:
Nice skyline! Is anybody allowed to build there?

Absolutely! So long as you stick to the themes & rules, no buildings higher than two storeys yet.

--------------------

We'd like to hear your ideas for future community projects. BootyBay has been a great success already and it's still growing!

Currently, we've got two:

1) Modern City (Skyscrapers, etc etc)
2) Arab style city

Jasoco

Banned
Ark said:
There are no immediate plans to restart the world map, there's so much stuff right now it's just not worth losing. We'll stick with this map for as long as we can, it has EVERYTHING, seriously! :p
Do you need to be whitelisted? And what's the max amount of people? I will look into more information after work. I trust it's all in the OP somewhere along with the IP?

Ark

Jasoco said:
Do you need to be whitelisted? And what's the max amount of people? I will look into more information after work. I trust it's all in the OP somewhere along with the IP?

The OP doesn't even have the correct server name lol. Check here for an information post I posted earlier on.

Also, please post if you're getting lagg. Because we think we've solved it now.

In other news: Aiming to upgrade the server this week. Either to 17 or 20 players & 1GB of RAM. The server will also go down for an hour or two during this week again so we can 'trim' the map as you can see, there are three large 'tails' off on the map that are making the map file size unnecessarily high.

Ark said:
We'd like to hear your ideas for future community projects. BootyBay has been a great success already and it's still growing!

2) Arab style city

Dwarven city. Clear out a huge cavern, start the city at bedrock level, carve out huge ceilings, pillars, grand halls and throne rooms, fortresses, forges, complex carted mine systems, etc. Would probably take ages though, but we could start small and increase the cavern in size as the city expands.

Ark

That would take a LONG time lol. So thats:

1) Modern City
2) Arab style city
3) Dwarven City

We could always create new projects for BootyBay itself, there's loads of awesome land behind it. I certainly plan to build a temple there for sure.

Twig

Banned
Please tell me you didn't call it Booty Bay because of World of Warcraft.

Dwarven city is the only big project I want to do in Minecraft.

Ark

Twig said:
Please tell me you didn't call it Booty Bay because of World of Warcraft.

Dwarven city is the only big project I want to do in Minecraft.

We called it BootyBay because it was Booty who found the bay, and it was catchy.

Neo Child

Banned
Booty Bay looks amazing, someone should gift me the game and then I'd start making like treasure hunts and temples and stuff.... since i can't afford it right now but love the demo ;_;

Ark

Ranger X said:
City on cliffs/mountain flanks. You know, carved in it. Sorta like Cappadoccia.

It looks & sounds cool, but I'm not so sure how we would work that. Gotta remember they need to be somewhat simple to achieve.

styl3s

Ranger X said:
Whatever man, I, for one think it's genius to couple of squarish look of the game with a really retro art style. All those realistic texture packs feels wierd and out of place to me. The beauty of Minecraft is retro.
completely agree

i always wrote minecraft off till a friend was kind enough to gift it to me, insisting it's addictive and you won't be able to stop so i played it and in the last 48 hours i have put in about 20-22.. i cannot stop playing this damn game and the charm of it is the retro feel, putting in texture packs makes it lose that charm and is ridiculous but to each to own.. it's like those shitty HD remakes of classic games (IE turtles in time) just makes the game worse for me but some people are into it..

Ranger X

Ark said:
It looks & sounds cool, but I'm not so sure how we would work that. Gotta remember they need to be somewhat simple to achieve.

Just houses "carved into cliffs" should be fine.
Actually, thinking about it, there's a nice set of cliffs behind Booty Bay. We could also look at the map maybe we can find some others too.

Ranger X

Another idea and we don't see much: Sky city. All on floating islands!

Would be almost as much work as an underground city though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes! A Sky City floating above an Underwater City! It'll only take two or three... years

styl3s said:
the charm of it is the retro feel, putting in texture packs makes it lose that charm and is ridiculous but to each to own

Look, I get the desire to keep things vanilla and untainted and retro, I can totally understand that point of view, but... no charm?

LjZkAl.jpg

fb1hrl.jpg

Lz7tGl.jpg

Come on now!

bengraven

Ranger X said:
Booty Bay is looking good!
Here's some pictures I took like 10 mins ago.

BootyBayDay.png

:)

Man, it sucks you can't see my grub shack from the bay itself, but looking at the bay in it's entirity it's right there front and center.

(on the right side of the pic, where the bamboo shoots/reeds/sugarcanes are).

bengraven

Ark said:

Absolutely! So long as you stick to the themes & rules, no buildings higher than two storeys yet.

--------------------

2) Arab style city

Oh man, I know I said a Modern city would be nice to try and recreate, but an Arab style city with close alley ways and colored wool being bright and colorful carpets and ...wow, it would be awesome!

Another idea: Venice. Or a Chinese city.

parasight

I vote for Arab-style city. That would be really cool and unique. Modern City and Sky City are common ideas that most worlds end up doing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wouldn't mind doing some kind of underground city either. But that's just me.

Bradlums

Ranger X said:
Another idea and we don't see much: Sky city. All on floating islands!

Would be almost as much work as an underground city though.
I like this idea. Let me know if you wanna get this going on the server!

mcrae

Ark said:

huh?> seems totally doable imo. a dwarven city would be twice as hard

IrishNinja

bengraven said:
Ark's server GAFcraft/PonyCraft is basically the new SMP GAF server. GAFland 2.0.

but all the old stuff we built in GAFland 1.0 is gone, right? just wanted to be clear on that, i cant recall what exano's name is here on GAF, unless its the same handle.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Underground cities all look the same: dark, lava, stone everywhere. Underwater is a city... under water.

I think a sky islands could be cool, but it sucks how you can't go very high. Still would be quite interesting.

We could make something similar to the floating islands in Chrono Trigger, with water falling down, etc., and the ground below would be very deep as if the islands were formerly attached to the ground and simply lifted upwards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ether_Snake said:
Underwater is a city... under water.

Yeah! I know, right!?

I think a sky islands could be cool, but it sucks how you can't go very high. Still would be quite interesting.

We could make something similar to the floating islands in Chrono Trigger, with water falling down, etc., and the ground below would be very deep as if the islands were formerly attached to the ground and simply lifted upwards.

That sounds cool. Why can't you go very high? The "end" of the sky is that low?

Grinchy

Banned
As far as the Sky City goes, maybe we could find an area where the land happens to be lower than usual, and build as high as we could giving the illusion of being higher than we are.

Ranger X

Grinchy said:
As far as the Sky City goes, maybe we could find an area where the land happens to be lower than usual, and build as high as we could giving the illusion of being higher than we are.

Over water should do the trick.

Jasoco

Banned
xelios said:
U jelly?

Texture packs are too mainstream.
I like my Painterly. As I said, the only thing I would change is to make it 32x32 as an option. I think it could look much better as a 32x texture pack.

I'm going to go design a house in my single player game so I can get a guage for how much materials I will need when I build it on NeoCraft.

Top Bottom