• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

guest1321

If there is an alternative to the nether (being a cloud city like place), I think it would be fun to make something up there. But as it wont be a while till we can turn that into a communal project I think we should stick to the underground city. Nether city would be cool but I have been stuck on the idea of an underground city.

Ranger X

bengraven said:
Am I weird for being excited for the sky nether only because we'll get new blocks?

That's what I was thinking. We're gonna make it awesome until we get bored then do something else awesome.

Yes I hope too that Booty Bay will still be the main projet for awhile again. It's getting awesomer by the day.

And wich new blocks are you talking about?

Ranger X

That kind of swing Ark...

balancoire_ergogrand01.jpg

NotTarts said:
I'm using a modified version of JohnSmith's texture pack at the moment:

AlphaWorld9.jpg

I like it, but I'm probably going to go back to Eldpack soon.

Is there any chance you know the seed for this map? Really love that valley and want to build in it!

Jasoco

Banned
I wish I could get that valley in my normal world. I don't want an entire world of valleys like that, but would love a section to be like that. As long as it has gradual mountains up to it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ark....did you build a glass wall around me?

Ranger X

Jasoco said:
I wish I could get that valley in my normal world. I don't want an entire world of valleys like that, but would love a section to be like that. As long as it has gradual mountains up to it.

Explore your seed more. You are basically sure to find places like that.

Jasoco

Banned
Ranger X said:
Explore your seed more. You are basically sure to find places like that.
Not necessarily. That's not how the randomizer works. Either you're going to have completely tall ground and deep valleys with rivers, or mostly low ground, or mostly mountains, etc. The picture above is a world that's mostly ground at a very high 100+ level with carved rivers through it. It's going to be mostly that and not much more. If anything I'd get a chunk error with a super high chunk mountain in the middle of my normal world.

Ranger X

Jasoco said:
Not necessarily. That's not how the randomizer works. Either you're going to have completely tall ground and deep valleys with rivers, or mostly low ground, or mostly mountains, etc. The picture above is a world that's mostly ground at a very high 100+ level with carved rivers through it. It's going to be mostly that and not much more. If anything I'd get a chunk error with a super high chunk mountain in the middle of my normal world.

Have you really explored a seed before? Like your file getting in the 400mb? I really doubt it works this way. There's one style and it's always an endless archipelago in different biomes. All of those in low ground form, cliff regions, etc.
You are bound to find the same type of envirronement in ALL seeds. There's one algorythm generating them all. It's just that none will be identical that's all. Continue to explore your seed and you will find the envirronnement you wish for. You can also obviously generate seeds until you find one in which the spawn ends up in an envirronnement you like, it's obviously up to you. ;)

strata8

Jasoco said:

Er...

AlphaWorld1.jpg

AlphaWorld2.jpg

AlphaWorld3.jpg

AlphaWorld6.jpg

AlphaWorld7.jpg

AlphaWorld8.jpg

All from the same world as that earlier shot.

In regards to the seed, it's pointless if I give it to you because it doesn't work with the new terrain generator.

Jasoco

Banned
I take it back. I take it all back. I don't know why I said that. I've seen it with my own eyes too.

Why doesn't the seed work with the generator? Was it from before we got the custom seed option?

Ranger X

Speaking of wich, I hope that 1.5's worlds will be compatible with 1.6
I really really REALLY don't feel like starting over. And I suppose there's a chance of this to happen because of sky world. I really doubt sky world will generate in worlds without sky. I mean, new items don't even seem to re-generate inside chests when they are added. It's like the game generate a whole chunk once and then it can't modify it ever.

strata8

Jasoco said:
I take it back. I take it all back. I don't know why I said that. I've seen it with my own eyes too.

Why doesn't the seed work with the generator? Was it from before we got the custom seed option?
It's from before Notch changed the terrain generator around (not sure when that happened - I think it was the biome update). You can downgrade Minecraft to 1.0.17 using MCNostalgia and expand it, though, if you want. Afterwards, you can import it to Minecraft 1.5, which will convert it and add biomes, pumpkins, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm trying to get on the server right now but I can't (Connection refused: connect?)

I wanted to jump on and demolish my house.. I'll keep trying for 20 mins or so but I need to get to bed. If anyone else is on or happens to go on before I get the chance, you can feel free to take it down, otherwise I'll do so next time I get the chance. Sorry again.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow I was checking out Toki's map of Neocraft and I can't believe how much stuff has already been built. I'm really surprised we don't see more pictures in this thread.

I feel like I haven't been on it in so long, but it's probably been days.

Ranger X

Grinchy said:
Wow I was checking out Toki's map of Neocraft and I can't believe how much stuff has already been built. I'm really surprised we don't see more pictures in this thread.

I feel like I haven't been on it in so long, but it's probably been days.

Your house is still having part of its roof in placeholder dirt and you go play Terraria... tsk tsk.

;)

Grinchy

Banned
Ranger X said:
Your house is still having part of its roof in placeholder dirt and you go play Terraria... tsk tsk.

;)
LOL!!! So much truth there...

Don't worry I will be hopelessly re-addicted to Minecraft soon enough.

Ranger X

Grinchy said:
LOL!!! So much truth there...

Don't worry I will be hopelessly re-addicted to Minecraft soon enough.

By the way, I finished both my houses (yup, I filled up that attic space) and both my terrains with decoration, trees, a pool, barbecue place, etc. Visit it when you can ;)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ark said:
You hadn't moved for over an hour and a half. I had to protect the Freeman.

<3

I laughed when I saw the sign. I had left Minecraft logged on at work when I went home and didn't realize it. I apologize for taking up slot someone else could have had.

Ark

Ranger X said:
Speaking of wich, I hope that 1.5's worlds will be compatible with 1.6
I really really REALLY don't feel like starting over. And I suppose there's a chance of this to happen because of sky world. I really doubt sky world will generate in worlds without sky. I mean, new items don't even seem to re-generate inside chests when they are added. It's like the game generate a whole chunk once and then it can't modify it ever.

Notch said the Skyrealm was a new dimension. Much like the nether. So we'll more than likely get a portal to it.

-----

The server is down.

I have no idea why, the server started lagging really badly when I hopped on at around 6:30am BST, then Toki tried to restart the server and it went kaput. We can't restart the server or anything, we just get errors.

We're assuming it's something on Multiplay's end, I've already sent in a support ticket.

EDIT:

The server is working now, I've now idea what happened. I'm hoping support can tell me what happened. Server seems fine now though.

Calm Killer said:
I laughed when I saw the sign. I had left Minecraft logged on at work when I went home and didn't realize it. I apologize for taking up slot someone else could have had.

No worries, we only had ~8 people on at that time anyway.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, I've been browsing the dropbox map for the past half hour, and I really need to take a stroll tonight and do some sightseeing. There is so much being built that I want to go and see.

I've had my head buried into Booty Bay for the past week or so, but last night I left the bay and did some work at my sand tower for the first time in quite awhile. And I think I've decided to build a new tower somewhere else. Actually, more of a tower and temple complex. The sand tower is pretty much done, but in building it I really had fun working with the water flows. Making one water source block cascade down throughout the entire tower and into the moat was a blast, but I want to try something more grand with water flow. Something larger, more epic, more aesthetic and creative. I also want to see just how many different branches of water flows I can get out of one source block, lol.

Plus, whenever it rains it only rains off to one side of my tower, but not directly onto it. I'm guessing that my sand tower is on a very small desert biome surrounded by grass biome. That kind of bothers me, lol.

Now, I just have to find a location to start building. Somewhere close to other projects so that I have a nice view and don't feel alone, I don't want to go too far away from everyone else. Somewhere grassy and hilly, with an ocean or lakes nearby. Back to the dropbox map!

Vinci

Danish
NotTarts said:
Er...

All from the same world as that earlier shot.

In regards to the seed, it's pointless if I give it to you because it doesn't work with the new terrain generator.

First of all, which texture pack is that? Secondly, that is damned beautiful. I'd never make another world again if I could get one that diverse.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the texture pack in the earlier post. Thanks.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
My world is shaping up nicely. I can't decide what my next big project will be. I love what you guys are doing with Booty Bay. I might try something similar.
16a2xaf.jpg

Ark

Just so you all know, I've now payed the invoice for the server upgrade.

Upgrading the server from 15 player slots to 17, and increasing the RAM from 600mb to 1024mb.

This wont come into effect until Multiplay restarts the server from their end, which should hopefully be some time tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I cleaned up the space best I was able before going in to work in a few. I don't think I left any floating trees. Let me know if I missed anything.

Calm Killer

My house before today's server crash ate it. I will miss you house!

5740997736_41007ca4fc_b.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Vinci said:
Hmm... Thought this would turn out better...

Oh well. Worth a try anyway.
Still looks sweet. But I know what you mean. I'll plan something out, gather materials, start building and think, " Do I even like this?"

I'll finish and still not be sure if I even like it.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Did we choose a new theme yet? Or still focusing on Booty Bay? It might be time for me to make my contribution there, if so.

Ark

AtlusAram said:
Did we choose a new theme yet? Or still focusing on Booty Bay? It might be time for me to make my contribution there, if so.

There's no theme decision yet, I'm going to make a poll this weekend. For now though, BootyBay keeps growing day by day!

Jasoco

Banned
I spent all yesterday building beach side condominiums on my world. Took me all day and I only have 4 of the 8 I planned.

Ark

callmedave said:
Looks like tall grass is on the way:

BTW is this thread for the GAF servers only, or can we share creations from our personal servers?

It's a general MC thread, it's just that most of the people in this thread play on the NeoCraft server so most of the discussion tends to be about the server, naturally.

Grinchy

Banned
callmedave said:
Looks like tall grass is on the way:

BTW is this thread for the GAF servers only, or can we share creations from our personal servers?
It's the OT baby, let's see your goods!

I love when people post pics of what they've worked on. For me, I don't even like making things unless I can post pics of it for other people to ignore lol.

Grinchy

Banned
I guess I misunderstood the sky section before. I thought it was just going to randomly generate land masses above the clouds. That would have been ugly as hell. Having to teleport there is awesome. I'm quite excited for that now.

Top Bottom