• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Any advices/things I should know? I'm mostly up to speed regarding some new additions (ie. the minions).
Very basic tips:

Always save energy for 10 pulls "Pact of Truth" events like the one we'll have in an hour.

Don't waste energy on Companion pulls (for now). 95% of them are useless.
I'm mostly using ones from events, and upgraded others from coin pulls.

Save coins at start for Job upgrades. Although you could spare a few to get some Companions early on.

Chapters 1-30 are beatable with what you have, but make sure to always run Metal Zones until you level cap your characters to limit. This is key to beating most stages.

Schedule for Metal Zones here and calendar for Monsters/Item bonus days here. (you probably won't bother with that one until you beat story and start farming)

Oh cool, can't wait to do a ten pull and my two S or above characters end up being Z characters I already have.
You don't SB grind Zs to 100% ?
You poor tool.

To the ~4 of you playing Terra Battle...
Let's go!
ChH3iFaU8AASjy2.jpg:large

Good luck with Z pulls.
I need to get this 93% Gego to max first. ;_;

Arabesque

Used the 50 energy I had saved up till now

Only got Zan and Lunato as new characters, so you know, nothing actually new

Back to saving again

duckroll

- Login in the morning for bonuses
- See new Descend event
- Jump in blind with no spoilers with my normal lvl90 party
- Get wiped
- Tweak party and tries again
- Get wiped again

Feels good. This one is definitely not for casual play. Lol.

anaron

having ch.1-5 costing only one stamina for newcomers is so smart. Makes going through it a breeze and there's enough there to hook you for good.

Finalow

150 Energy spent, no rainbow pulls.

GG
clearly your fault for not spending 5000 hours on the game sb'ing every character! TB fans logic

but yeah, I was almost excited for these new characters then I realized they're all Z and chances to pull rainbow cards unless you finished PoT are so stupidly low, and even lower chances to pull those new characters instead of the 200 garbage recodes they released so far. 0.0001% the dream
hence I'll never pull them / don't really care.

Dragon King seems the hardest thing they ever released. apparently you either need Tonberry on everyone or tap skills to win.

Dragon King seems the hardest thing they ever released. apparently you either need Tonberry on everyone or tap skills to win.
Just beat it with 6 Tonberry trick after having tried blind a few times last night.

Without Tonberry companions, you'll need to recode the near-free Palpa Z, or get lucky with new characters. The event appears to be pemanent addition to the arena, so I guess no rush there.

The fight is really fun though, with the new moving trap gimmick while you try to get in pincers without getting hit. Then he summons two of them halfway in the fight.
but yeah, I was almost excited for these new characters then I realized they're all Z and chances to pull rainbow cards unless you finished PoT are so stupidly low, and even lower chances to pull those new characters instead of the 200 garbage recodes they released so far. 0.0001% the dream
hence I'll never pull them / don't really care.
I doubt this is your first gacha game. We get used to it, although crap pulls did make me quit FFRK and Brave Frontier a long time ago.

duckroll

Fuck it, I'm going to YOLO pull. What could go wrong?

Edit: First pull - Amazora, Puprope, Kuscah. Rest dupes. Even got a dupe of Kuscah. Total fail pull.

Time for the next one!!!

Edit2: PULLED A Z!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S SEE WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A DUPE OF AMAZORA Z! WOW! UNINSTALLING NOW.

WAIT! I pulled Bajanna! Okay I guess that's not... bad... the rest were dupes. :(

Need 5 more energy for another 50 pull. I think I can manage it before the event ends.

OMG Aero

Put some money in and did two ten pulls:
Nakupi (Dupe)
Ka'pori (Dupe)
Bahl (Dupe)
Nakupi (Dupe)
Pahrl (Dupe)
Daiana (Dupe)
Grace (Dupe)
Ka'pori (Dupe)
Gaiga
Alika (Gives me a Z to work towards I guess)

Olber (Already have Olber /\ so this is technically new, and not bad if I want to double up on defence I guess)
Burbaba (Dupe)
Ka'pori (Dupe)
Pahrl (Dupe)
Sh'berdan (Dupe)
Korin (Dupe)
Grace (Dupe)
Metupi (Dupe)
Invincible
Lewto /\ (Dupe)

This is the second time in a row that I've taken part in this ten pull event and got a dupe of Lewto /\, but at least he's now at 100% so I can get a different Z dupe next month.
Invincible looks cool but whenever I've been looking at the Terra Battle forum for update news I always see posts about how it apparently isn't very good.

Visceir

Ya, the rate-ups could have been a bit more generous. The other gacha games I've played usually have specific rate-ups and banners for new characters.

Doubt pulling new characters would have gotten me fully back on board again with the game, but it does seem kinda shitty that you can spend 150 energy and not get a single new unit.

I don't think I've actually ever pulled a rainbow during all my time with this game (other than seiryu)

Hayden from terrabattleforums did a video for the Primordial Dragon King fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHfqVNZc5sc

vladisaac

Not enough energy for a new pull. Haven't been playing actively for more than a month (still got my 550 days Daily Bonus huh).
34-10 is a great and less tedious farming place than 20-1.

I currently need 20 Deepwater Helixes (Kokko, Samatha, Gatz, Nakupi) RIP me. Only dropping Mantle Helixes for most of the 34-10 runs I did.

4.0.0 is barely out, and Sakaguchi appeared in another mini Nico stream, which showed some art of Daiana Λ, Korin Λ and probably some Ch.35 monster/bosses.
Nothing else info-wise. The next big stream is in June.
NPmM8Br.png

Bladelaw

Hey I recently started the game (chapter 7) and burned a google gift card and did 4 10 pulls (the bonus z rank draw was compelling). I'm looking to build an all purpose team to carry me through the story/mid game stuff.

Let me know if I have a solid foundation to build from.

I've only listed the Z-A rank since I imagine B or lower get outclassed pretty hard by then.

Jaguna /\
Samantha /\
Ellvern /\
A'misandra /\
Jennish /\
Czekras
Rikken
Amina
Amimari
Piz'fer
Pupru
Burbaba
Nakupi
Maralme
Velraine
Kem
Samupi
Pahrl
A'meripact
R'zonand
Kana
Daiana

I'll only comment on top tier characters here:

Samantha /\ (Godly for both PVP and PVE; and it's SAMATHA ;P )
Ellvern /\ (#1 poison mage, but very little content requiring his poison skills)
A'misandra /\ (#1 godlike healer)
Jennish /\ (#1 light mage)
Rikken (Negotiator Pro is top skill to capture monsters/bosses)
Amina (A'misandra is #1 healer, but Amina is getting a Z recode very soon)
Piz'fer (recode him to Z and you get #1 ice mage)
Daiana (mediocre fire mage, but getting a Z recode in an upcoming version)
since I imagine B or lower get outclassed pretty hard by then.
If you got Bahl, Ma'curi or Grace as B characters, they're considered pretty much mid-top tier also.

Note that I've skipped a lot of characters you listed, but some of them are useful on stages with specific weapon/element strengths you might need. Like Czekras for sword team, or Jaguna /\ as extra spear.

Bladelaw

I'll only comment on top tier characters here:

Samantha /\ (Godly for both PVP and PVE; and it's SAMATHA ;P )
Ellvern /\ (#1 poison mage, but very little content requiring his poison skills)
A'misandra /\ (#1 godlike healer)
Jennish /\ (#1 light mage)
Rikken (Negotiator Pro is top skill to capture monsters/bosses)
Amina (A'misandra is #1 healer, but Amina is getting a Z recode very soon)
Piz'fer (recode him to Z and you get #1 ice mage)
Daiana (mediocre fire mage, but getting a Z recode in an upcoming version)

If you got Bahl, Ma'curi or Grace as B characters, they're considered pretty much mid-top tier also.

Note that I've skipped a lot of characters you listed, but some of them are useful on stages with specific weapon/element strengths you might need. Like Czekras for sword team, or Jaguna /\ as extra spear.

I have Bahl, Ma'curi, and Grace. I'm a ways out from recodes both in terms of resources and story clearing. I've been running with a team like

Samantha /\
A'missandra /\
Jennish /\
Czekras
Jaguna /\ (is zz tier good or bad?)

It's working well at the moment super safe practically unkillable granted its super low level content.

duckroll

Recoded Gatz. His lambda story is pretty cool. Gonna do one last 50 energy pull just before the event ends.

So, does anyone have advice for the new Dragon thing? I don't want to waste energy to get wiped again. What sort of skills are effective and how much healing do I need?

Kain

I like to play this game from time to time. I did the beasts events (Bahamut, Odin and stuff) and it was loling that Bahamut and Odin Omega died with a single hit. Then I learnt it's something normal if you bring Grace with Job 3. I thought the game glitched on me lol

Why didn't I have the beasts before you ask (or not)? Because I've been playing this game from day one, I had a pretty good team (with Jennish as my main hitter) and I lost everything due to a change of phone and not backing up my data. Then a couple of months ago I got the itch to play again so I did everything again xD. My main hitters are Bajanna and Zerroh now. Also Rikken, she is very cool.

Back up your data, folks.

Staab

4.0.0 is barely out, and Sakaguchi appeared in another mini Nico stream, which showed some art of Daiana Λ, Korin Λ and probably some Ch.35 monster/bosses.
Nothing else info-wise. The next big stream is in June.
NPmM8Br.png
Oooooh, I was hoping for a Daiana recode !
Couldn't find pictures anywhere, you got one too ?

Korin looks pretty badass, I might actually recode him when it hits !
(along with Camellia and Suoh, really looking forward to those !)

Bladelaw

So is there anything I should be doing early game to help out later? Right now I'm really stamina limited in what I can do so during "off" times I'm usually looking at characters, reading story, and seeing what materials I should be on the look out for.

Otherwise if I have the stamina for it I'm just clearing the story.

I have some Metal Tickets. Should I hang on to these for the higher level Metal Dungeons or should I use them ASAP to get my squads levels up? Any other rare resources like Metal Tickets I should be on the look out for and not throw away carelessly?

Foolworm

Recoded Gatz. His lambda story is pretty cool. Gonna do one last 50 energy pull just before the event ends.

So, does anyone have advice for the new Dragon thing? I don't want to waste energy to get wiped again. What sort of skills are effective and how much healing do I need?

I like how it doesn't actually conflict with SamathaZ's story while subtly referencing it as well.

As for the Dragon quest, if you don't have Tonberries then your only option is to level up GatzZ / PalpaZ and use their new buff skills in conjunction with high DPS units to try and beast through the OHKO phase of the fight. Ideally you should go from ~80% to 40% in one shot.

Oooooh, I was hoping for a Daiana recode !
Couldn't find pictures anywhere, you got one too ?

Korin looks pretty badass, I might actually recode him when it hits !
(along with Camellia and Suoh, really looking forward to those !)

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/experimental-broadcast-of-mist-stream-summary.10705/

So is there anything I should be doing early game to help out later? Right now I'm really stamina limited in what I can do so during "off" times I'm usually looking at characters, reading story, and seeing what materials I should be on the look out for.

Otherwise if I have the stamina for it I'm just clearing the story.

I have some Metal Tickets. Should I hang on to these for the higher level Metal Dungeons or should I use them ASAP to get my squads levels up? Any other rare resources like Metal Tickets I should be on the look out for and not throw away carelessly?

Focus on clearing the story right now. Save those companion tickets you get and do a ten pull only when there is an event (the guaranteed gold one). Your top priority should be expanding your roster and unlocking jobs. The forum I linked to above has a guides section for pretty much everything you might need.

Metal zone 5/6 is opening in the arena in a couple days if you're leveled enough to try it. Definitely do try to get some tickets if you need to gain levels quickly.

Bladelaw

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/experimental-broadcast-of-mist-stream-summary.10705/

Focus on clearing the story right now. Save those companion tickets you get and do a ten pull only when there is an event (the guaranteed gold one). Your top priority should be expanding your roster and unlocking jobs. The forum I linked to above has a guides section for pretty much everything you might need.

Metal zone 5/6 is opening in the arena in a couple days if you're leveled enough to try it. Definitely do try to get some tickets if you need to gain levels quickly.
Thanks, what level should I aim for? Also does it make sense to switch jobs ASAP or max out one then move on to the next? I'll read up on the guides.

Staab

Thanks, what level should I aim for? Also does it make sense to switch jobs ASAP or max out one then move on to the next? I'll read up on the guides.
Unlocking jobs and leveling them gives your character additional skill slots, you can then use skills from other jobs in the current one so it is kind of important.
I would focus on getting all jobs to 35 (for the third skill and slots) and focusing on the third job (which is usually the strongest) to level up first.

Bring Gatz Z and your 3 strongest DPS (S'naip, Macuri and Bahl are good) for pincers.
For the other 2, healer and maybe Palpa Z for extra tap.

First thing, kill adds asap, then pummel dragon. (avoid his surroundings when no red squares)
Once the message "The dragon has gone violent" pops-up (when he's at about 85%), that's when you use up all your "tap" ATK skill and double pincer with a PP point.

The mega damage burst will make him skip the OHKO Trash phase.
Then he goes back to his usual attack rotation (with extra adds) until he's dead.

Did my 3x10 pulls.
First time I see the infamous rainbow card, and there were 5 of them.

Gatz Z (my first TH finally)
Andelucia, Zavison, Mogha :O
and the motherfucking Invincible.
(+ non-dupe Gaiga and recodeable Samatha)

Very happy. Probably best pulls I've had in a mobage honestly.
Mistwalker has me by the balls now.

duckroll

MY PATIENCE HAS BEEN REWARDED! Did another 10x pull....

NEW - Czekras (SS)
NEW - Zuzu (S)
NEW - Koko (SS)
NEW - Mogha (Z)

(Also pulled a Jaguna Z dupe lol)

Impossible to complain about this pull. So lucky. :D

Staab

Did my 3x10 pulls.
First time I see the infamous rainbow card, and there were 5 of them.

Gatz Z (my first TH finally)
Andelucia, Zavison, Mogha :O
and the motherfucking Invincible.
(+ non-dupe Gaiga and recodeable Samatha)

Very happy. Probably best pulls I've had in a mobage honestly.
Mistwalker has me by the balls now.

Holy sheiiiit, that's one hell of a pull session... I'm jelly, congrats !

Foolworm

So jelly over the last few posts. All I got was Nakupi, Ellvern and Lunaken, and the first two were repulls after recoding. The rest were all dupes.

WC is a bitch as well. Horrible enemy placement and 19 stamina entry cost is really steep.

Finalow

apparently Mogha is one the new OP mages. yes, utterly disgusting. I got 0 rainbow cards as expected, and the gold ones were dupes.

why do I even care / play this game anymore

Foolworm

apparently Mogha is one the new OP mages. yes, utterly disgusting. I got 0 rainbow cards as expected, and the gold ones were dupes.

why do I even care / play this game anymore

Finalow you got a new Z character, and a mage at that. I got Nakupi (the A unit, not lambda).

BE HAPPY.

Top Bottom