• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Jangocube

Banned
Fuck yes Jair Jurrjens

We just got a pitcher that can pitch like this on the cheapsies:

Year TM G GS W L SV HOLD IP H R ER BB K CG SHO ERA WHIP
2009 ATL 34 34 14 10 0 0 215 186 71 62 75 152 0 0 2.60 1.21
2011 ATL 23 23 13 6 0 0 152 142 52 50 44 90 2 1 2.96 1.22

Best signing this offseason.

Oh, and the Upton brothers are brats. Met one of their old high school coaches the other day and he said they were dicks. That said, Atlanta's OF is scary.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
oC0OZ.gif

Malo

Banned
Fuck yes Jair Jurrjens

That move makes the rest of the al east better, thanks!

And I would be fine with a third team here in NYC, but the mest and yankees would never allow it.

Contract the mest and put the rays in queens

That move makes the rest of the al east better, thanks!

And I would be fine with a third team here in NYC, but the mest and yankees would never allow it.

Yeah, some place like Newark would be ideal, but then you'd run into territorial rights with the Yankees, Mets and (I read somewhere) Phillies. It'd make the whole A's-to-San Jose thing look like it was going off without a hitch.

Montreal would probably make the most sense considering territorial issues, but no way Selig would allow it.

alstein

Fuck yes Jair Jurrjens

Oh, and the Upton brothers are brats. Met one of their old high school coaches the other day and he said they were dicks. That said, Atlanta's OF is scary.

I'll say this- as a Braves fan, I hope he pitches great for you. Injuries derailed him hard- he has major knee problems which derailed his career, but he's a good guy who will give you 100% of what he has- I just hope he has something left in the tank.

I kinda wish Chipper was still around this year to set the Uptons straight if they acted up. Right now Dan Uggla would probably be the vocal leader.

I just remember this article some Houston Ballboy put out about the visiting NL teams- I remember for the Braves it said class acts, Uggla and Chipper were the only big talkers among the position players (it was Hudson for the pitchers), and that Heyward was super-quiet buy nice. Freeman was mentally challenged though.

Syrinx

I don't want the Rays to move to Charlotte. I don't want a good, winning team right down the street while I'm stuck rooting for the stupid Mets.

andycapps

I'll say this- as a Braves fan, I hope he pitches great for you. Injuries derailed him hard- he has major knee problems which derailed his career, but he's a good guy who will give you 100% of what he has- I just hope he has something left in the tank.

I kinda wish Chipper was still around this year to set the Uptons straight if they acted up. Right now Dan Uggla would probably be the vocal leader.

I just remember this article some Houston Ballboy put out about the visiting NL teams- I remember for the Braves it said class acts, Uggla and Chipper were the only big talkers among the position players (it was Hudson for the pitchers), and that Heyward was super-quiet buy nice. Freeman was mentally challenged though.

I don't know that I've ever seen a player fall apart as quickly as he did. Went from being what I considered as their future ace to being a complete liability. You knew that if you started him you'd be lucky to get 3 innings out of him and be down by 5-6 runs at that point, and then put pressure on your bullpen to cover all those innings, and your offense to catch up.

Hoping Beachy comes back strong this year. He was doing so great last year up until he had to get Tommy John.

NFCCG doesn't count?
That game reinforces Cowardly Ryan IMHO. He shut down and played Sanchizeball, even made a critical fumble. Even Seattle had them beat, Matt went Cowardly after the half. Cheatin' Pete messed up.
It was a compliment, you jerk!

I think we have to let that joke go, friend.
NEVER!!!!!

*gets ready to photoshop a "When The Hot Matty Ice Melts" Outlaw Star pic*

Friggz

buster onley gives the 1998 yankees the greatest team of all time label.

Greatest infield went to the 76 reds (i disagree, i would have given it to the 2009 yankees)
Best rotation was the 97 braves
Best bullpen was the 98 yankees
best outfield was the 61 yankees
best lineup was the 31 yankees.

The Yankees have avoided arbitration with David Robertson, agreeing on a 1-year, $3.1 million deal. The Yankees now have no more cases and now have $204.75 million committed to 2013.

The Giants have avoided arbitration with Joaquin Arias, agreeing on a 1-year, $0.925 million deal. The Giants have one more remaining case (Sergio Romo).

Friggz

The Yankees have avoided arbitration with David Robertson, agreeing on a 1-year, $3.1 million deal. The Yankees now have no more cases and now have $204.75 million committed to 2013.

The Giants have avoided arbitration with Joaquin Arias, agreeing on a 1-year, $0.925 million deal. The Giants have one more remaining case (Sergio Romo).

good for d-rob. yankees should take a look at extending for a few years.

Marlins are a disgrace and one of the prime reasons why the Rays may be moving

Taxpayers saw what Loria did to get his new stadium publicly funded before gutting the team and now are extremely opposed to providing any type of funding towards a new Rays stadium and in a new location.

Nah, the Rays were screwed well before now. If they hadn't signed a 30-year lease in 1996, they'd have some leverage. As it stands, they're in an apparently ironclad contract, and the only way out is either moving or contracting the team -- and both of those moves could easily end up costing hundreds of millions of dollars. Barring something totally unforeseen, I'd guess the Rays will be stuck where they are for another decade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sad to see Rex Sox fans admitting that the only way they can even finish in 4th in the AL East is if one of the other teams gets contracted.

Top Bottom