• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves pitcher Kris Medlen has withdrawn from the World Baseball Classic because of the impending birth of his first child.

His wife Nicki is due to have a son in early February and Medlen chose being there for his family over the chance to pitch for Team USA.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/medlen-withdraws-wbc-birth-child/nT62r/

Edit: also it looks like Justin Upton will be wearing #8. https://twitter.com/JUS10UP10

Guess he is a huge javy Lopez fan, understandable.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Marcum signed for $4 million plus incentives.

Just a reminder the Twins gave fucking Kevin Correia $10 million guaranteed, and Big Pelf $4 million guaranteed. Kill me.

I'm gonna check through a list of pitchers who pitched the last WBC/the barnstorming tours in Taiwan, you'd think MLB looks there 1st since those guys already pitched overseas and shouldn't really mind.

mike-francesa-mic-trouble-o.gif

Syrinx

That ten-year deal they gave him back in '08 has to be among the worst contracts Cashman's ever given, right? For God's sake, they're stuck with him til fucking 2017.

eznark

Banned
Marcum signed for $4 million plus incentives.

Just a reminder the Twins gave fucking Kevin Correia $10 million guaranteed, and Big Pelf $4 million guaranteed. Kill me.

Marcum is broken. The Brewers training staff is considered one of the best diagnostic teams in the business and they rated him a 1/5 supposedly. The fact that they wanted nothing to do with him despite having serious SP holes should make you glad no one touched him.

Friggz

You're crazy if you think the two best clubs in the AL are Geezer Squad and the Tub-O-Lards.

i dont see whats incorrect about my post.

yankees have depth, good/great bullpen, good starting pitching (with depth), good lineup (maybe a weaker 7-9 than previous years) average defense, (good outfield defense, great defense on the right side of the infield, poor left side). and they have speed.

sure they are an older team...but they have always been an older team. How many teams have all of the above?

blue jays?
angels?

tigers have awesome pitching, very good lineup, solid defense, bullpen will probably need work however.

Just played a Diamondbacks @ Braves game on MLB 12 with MLBDepthCharts projected rosters.

Justin Upton homered. Martin Prado GIDP'd with the bases loaded and one out against Teheran.

Jordan Schafer hit a walk-off single with 2 outs in the 9th to score B.J. Upton. Braves win 2-1.

Officially a good trade.

Just played a Diamondbacks @ Braves game on MLB 12 with MLBDepthCharts projected rosters.

Justin Upton homered. Martin Prado GIDP'd with the bases loaded and one out against Teheran.

Jordan Schafer hit a walk-off single with 2 outs in the 9th to score B.J. Upton. Braves win 2-1.

Officially a good trade.
But MLB 12 is old news.

The Rockies have avoided arbitration with Jhoulys Chacin, signing him to a 2-year, $6.5 million deal. The deal buys out his second arbitration season in 2014. He will be eligible for arbitration again in 2015. Dexter Fowler is the only remaining case for the Rockies.

Top Bottom