• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Guys, it's obvious that Amaro is aiming to win (the 2014 1st overall pick) with these moves. Get off his back.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ken_Rosenthal
Phillies announce signing of free-agent IF Yuniesky Betancourt to minor-league contract with invitation to major-league spring training.

iMbTrk0EVIGKz.gif

McNei1y

I'm with this. I mean, I'm real happy hockey is back, but it doesn't have the same effect on me as baseball. Plus, I always find this off season stuff boring, give me some games!

Aside from Baseball being my favorite sport, I love the idea of games everyday. It just consumes me.

CygnusXS

I'm looking up every scouting report on Jedd Gyorko that I can find. My dream of the perfect roster will not die.

Fox318

Hall of Fame weekend will be interesting this year.

Will people still go?

I mean the Dreams Park people will be there but it won't have the same atmosphere.

CygnusXS

Those are actually the novelty spring-loaded bats that they are testing for future Super Exciting Action Ball Bases Bonzai!!! purposes.

The Padres have avoided arbitration with Luke Gregerson, agreeing on a 1-year, $3.2 million deal. The Padres' remaining cases are Chase Headley and Clayton Richard.

Askani

GOD!!! I need someone to sign Bourn! Everyday he sits out there is one more day I have to think how good he would be for the Royals this season and maybe, just maybe...they'll make a play for him.

Ken_Rosenthal
Phillies announce signing of free-agent IF Yuniesky Betancourt to minor-league contract with invitation to major-league spring training.

I think he'll make the final roster. He was great for my hometown team in helping them reach the finals in the mexican winter league. He's also playing in the Caribbean series for team Mexico next week.

verbum

Keep the hype train going. The tears will be glorious.

I had a dream Friday night the Braves were up on the division by 7 on June 1st, 11 on August 2, and finished 6 up. Someone gave me tickets to the divisional playoff game and my car got 3 flats on the way to Atlanta and I missed the game.
The reason I remember it was because the dream had a newspaper article that Uggla only had 7 errors by the middle of August. It was the lead story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution sports section.
That's when I said to myself, that was only a dream.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I hope you're kidding.

What I'd do with the money- wait and see who gets hurt, and wait and see if 3B is a black hole (I think Juan Fransisco will be decent if the weight loss helps his play- Chris Johnson will suck).
Hope the Padres are contenders and deal someone for Gyorko in mid-season if that doesn't happen.
nope, wouldn't have minded getting KJ. If he bounces back start him, if not then he is just a bench bat. Of course the rays spoiled those plans. I just don't like sitting on this money. Our farm system is pretty thin now so I don't know what kind of move we could make at the deadline.
Windu are you making the MLB 13 Thread? Man can't wait for some baseball.
I haven't made the show thread in a couple of years. Haven't been keeping up with the progress of the game either. If you want to make a thread then be my guest.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Windu, did you see Sickels' org rankings today? 27th place baby!
Yep. Hopefully the Braves will have the money to resign people because it will be awhile before the system is restocked.

The Mets giving the Braves their top draft pick would help.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm with this. I mean, I'm real happy hockey is back, but it doesn't have the same effect on me as baseball. Plus, I always find this off season stuff boring, give me some games!

I'm looking forward to see how much further the Astros can possibly fall.

Well, there is some good news

Delino DeShields Jr. is ranked 7th in 2nd basemen.
Carlos Carerra is 5th in Shortstops.

Things can only go up from here, right?

CygnusXS

Yep. Hopefully the Braves will have the money to resign people because it will be awhile before the system is restocked.

The Mets giving the Braves their top draft pick would help.
Well, remember the Braves will just get a sandwich round pick, not their actual pick. That would still be useful though since the team gave up its first round pick to sign BJ.

And I'm not so down on the farm system myself. There's talent, it's just all in the lower minors basically. Another year of development and a good draft would go a long way.

Ladies and gentlemen, all six of Rod Barajas' caught stealing plays in 2012 (out of 99 attempts), including one blown call and two plays that didn't even involve him.

April 13, Nate Schierholz

clip0388.gif.opt_.gif

April 30, Michael Bourn (blown call)

clip0389.gif.opt_.gif
clip0390.gif.opt_.gif

July 6, Justin Christian

clip0391.gif.opt_.gif

July 13, Nyjer Morgan

clip0392.gif.opt_.gif

August 5, Ryan Ludwick (didn't even involve Barajas)

clip0393.gif.opt_.gif

August 27, Jon Jay (didn't even involve Barajas)

clip0394.gif.opt_.gif

Sharp

oh oh, here comes trouble. link leads to article by Miami newspaper detailing what was found and who was involved.
Fuck.

I guess the good news is that MLB's drug program is improving, considering that most of the names in baseball were already linked... but Gio? Shit.

Friggz

while i dont care about PED/HGH at all. The Miami New Times doesn’t have the greatest journalistic track record..at all. Not to mention that Bosch has been tied to arod for quite a while now.

Really loved the original gothic C the reds used. Wish we would go back to it, our logo now is so generic.

Best logo was 90's logo. I hate the baseball head dude (Mr. Red/Redlegs/Rosie), with the creepy soulless "Red the Harbinger" being a notable exception.

mr%2Bred.jpg

He's a fan favorite!

As for the old C... I'll be honest, I think the wishbone C shits all over it.

while i dont care about PED/HGH at all. The Miami New Times doesn’t have the greatest journalistic track record..at all. Not to mention that Bosch has been tied to arod for quite a while now.

Doesn't matter about their journalistic track record. Was Canseco trustworthy? The truth is, when it comes to PED's, where there is smoke, there has always been fire. They could have just as easy accused Ken Griffey Jr. of roiding up looking at his numbers, but nobody has. There's something to these allegations, always. I used to be skeptical, but I no longer feel this way. Gio and Cruz are guilty, you can take that to the bank.

Sharp

Rosenthal said its not clear if Gio or Nelson Cruz actually bought anything banned from there.
Yeah, apparently Aminorip isn't on the banned substance list. That's still shady as shit though, why would you order from him if you were clean? I've said before (and I'll continue saying) that I don't think HGH/roids have nearly the athletic effect that a lot of people give them credit for, and I do hate the PED witch hunt phenomenon, but whether they are cleared legally or not I find it hard to believe that either player is clean.

Top Bottom