• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

turnbuckle

WTF Espn got rid of Keith Law's podcast? FUCK YOU ESPN! Nobody wants to listen to Buster Olney's punkass. They better give Law his own regular, scouting focused podcast.

Yeah, at the very least they should pair someone regular with Olney. Hearing one guy I never cared to listen to with random guests is not what I'm looking for.

Listening to the first episode of Baseball Tonight and I'm not impressed. I'm sure it'll get better, but doubtful it'll reach the levels of Baseball Today when Karabell and Law were on.

Professor Parks and KLaw should join forces and do that prospect heavy podcast.

---

wtf is that sound that keeps playing between stories on the "moves, deals, and discussions" section of baseball tonight? Sounds like a muted fart and a woman sexhaling afterwards.

So most of Indians nation is pretty happy with the Michael Bourne signing. What does MLB Gaf think? Yes, the pitching still sucks. But you've got to pick up pieces when you can.

Still, surprised Francona got them to spend any money,

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So most of Indians nation is pretty happy with the Michael Bourne signing. What does MLB Gaf think? Yes, the pitching still sucks. But you've got to pick up pieces when you can.

Still, surprised Francona got them to spend any money,
As a Twins fan, I think that it's pretty embarassing that they got outspent by the Indigneous Persons in free agency.

Gregarious elbow being destroyed is glorious. Hopefully they can work out an Archie Bradley and Tyler Skaags package for Hak Ju Lee and Kyle Farnsworth.

As a Twins fan, I think that it's pretty embarassing that they got outspent by the Indigneous Persons in free agency.

I don't think anyone would've guessed the Dolans would actually spend for once, even with Hafner/Sizemore off the books, the STO sale and the forthcoming TV money.

According to MetsBlog’s Michael Baron, Frank Francisco said he is suffering from elbow inflammation, and has been shutdown for the time being.

Later, Terry Collins said Francisco has been dealing with elbow inflammation for the last week.

“He’s not throwing. So, we will take a look. I talked to him last week. He did play catch, and there was some inflammation in there. It’s nothing the training staff wasn’t prepared for – they thought it might happen. So we just want to quiet the swelling down before he plays catch. Frank told me last week ‘I’ll be ready.’”

Collins they will look at other options including Brandon Lyon, Bobby Parnell, as well as Latroy Hawkins and Josh Edgin in the event Francisco isn’t ready to start the season.
Sucks, but it does open a spot for Brandon Lyon to close. I'd like to see if he can be effective at it again. Also maybe one of the minor leaguers could step in for a bit-
According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, Collins will tell Parnell to begin working out as a closer tomorrow.

tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Get hype for baseball! :D

Now that the Ravens are champions of the world in their own little sport, let's make 2013 a dual championship year for Baltimore. B)

RBH

Brandon Inge is headed to the Pirates.

Inge is expected to sign a minor-league deal with an invitation to spring training, according to sources.

Inge, who played well for the A's last year after he was released by the Tigers in April, is coming back from surgery on his right (throwing) shoulder.

Many scouts have long thought Inge would be a good fit with a National League team because of versatility that has allowed him to start games at five different positions. The 35-year-old Inge also proved last year with the A's that he can still be a productive hitter, with 11 home runs and 52 RBI in 311 at-bats.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-knobler/21693581/inge-close-to-deal-with-pirates

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Is there anyone out there still that could help the Indians pitching? How much more money are they willing to spend?
Lohse, but the news is that the Indians aren't currently interested. Not much else left on the FA market. Javy Vasquez maybe.

rekameohs

Banned

Royals at least are a team that's had a lot of bright futures, until they invariably trade them away (i.e. Damon, Beltran, Dye, Greinke, Myers). Until McCutchen came around, it never seemed like the Pirates even had a bright future to look past the crappy present.

andycapps

Wall of images

Heyward is looking like he's in the best shape of his life.

SuperMalo said:
When is Heyward going to get popped for PEDs?

He doesn't even look remotely like he's on PED's, he's always had a huge frame, and he doesn't have watermelon head like Strawberry, A-Rod, or any of the other guys that juice. He's just ripped.

Top Bottom