• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

I think the opener was sold out as the tickets went on sale. That's insane. I might try to grab a couple on Friday. I did pick up tickets for the first game of the Boston series.

Wow, guess they sold a lot of flex packs.....

Bought tickets to the first game against Boston, Josh Johnson should be starting and everyone is going to boo the fuck out of Farrel

Oh man, the salt on Twitter is hilarious, people thinking that no tickets went on sale until today, how could you miss all those flex pack commercials and reports that flex pack opener tickets were sold out weeks ago =/

McNei1y

So I'm waiting for MLB Shop to fix this Dan Haren error but other than that, I'm about to order the nats new BP hat as well as a Dan Haren jersey. I'm getting pumped for baseball.

Wow, guess they sold a lot of flex packs.....

Bought tickets to the first game against Boston, Josh Johnson should be starting and everyone is going to boo the fuck out of Farrel

Oh man, the salt on Twitter is hilarious, people thinking that no tickets went on sale until today, how could you miss all those flex pack commercials and reports that flex pack opener tickets were sold out weeks ago =/

The email they sent yesterday said there would be a limited number of home opener tickets available. I honestly don't think there were any. Did best available as soon as I got the email at 10:02 and nothing.

I'm not complaining, but that's crazy levels of hype.

I'll see Dickey pitch another day.

Parch

1. Is Bautista back to normal? Wrist injuries for hitters are like shoulders for pitchers. There's no guarantee.

2. Will Melky be good again after the 50 game suspension? Probably not, but a decent OBP should get him the 2 spot in the lineup.

3. The kids are alright? There's room for improvement from Lawrie and Arencibia. Stop striking out so much JP.

4. Who plays second? Gibbons says Izturis, but I'd like to see Bonifacio split time and bat 9th. That sets up the track meet with Reyes for the sluggers.

5. Will Rasmus stop being an inconsistent flake? The southern weirdo needs to mature or Gose will steal his job.

6. Can Lind hit lefties? I doubt it, so platoon him with Rajai Davis.

7. Can Dickey repeat as Cy Young champ? Slim chances, but 70% is still all-star calibre.

8. Can Josh Johnson stay healthy? If so, get him signed long term.

9. Is Romero done? 5th in the rotation takes all the pressure off, but it'll be a short leash. Happ is needed in the bullpen.

10. How about that bullpen? Is Santos alright? Horses Dickey and Buehrle in the rotation should lessen the bullpen workload. Old man Oliver is back, so it would be nice if Cecil could be an effective 2nd lefty. If there's any extra pennies in the bank, spend it on the bullpen.

Good speed, good stick, good starters, and depth if they falter. It's a solid lineup so everybody on the hype train. Season ticket sales are great and the rest of the country will be watching. OK Blue Jays!

BFIB

Cards/Waino extension discussions are "on hold" per Waino and the Cards GM.
Damn King Felix and his royalty!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm ready for a pre-season/spring training thread.

I'm ready to continue to post sporadically but always reminding you that I'm here...in the background.

edit:

Haha I think this might be the best Blue jays Valentine's Day card:

Man-In-White-VDay.jpg

Macattk15

Apparently M's traded Shawn Kelley to the Yankees.

No details yet. Kelley is pretty good ... dunno why the f they designated him. Guess they get scared of his tendency for giving up dingers and replaced him with a minor league deal groundballer in Kameron Loe.

edit : For Abraham Almonte. Depth jobber.

Quick

Banned
So, I checked out some Jays flex packs, and the home opener is blank on all of them.

What are the chances of seeing ANY available on Friday?

Quick

Banned
Low. There will be individual tickets available, but they'll go really fast.

Damn.

Guess I'll be sticking to the broadcast. Not that it's terrible, but having been to the home opener for 2 straight years sitting in the 100s, I'm spoiled. :p

Breakdown of Felix's 7-year, $175 million extension:

-- Yearly salaries:

2013 (age 27): $19 million
2014 (age 28): $22 million
2015 (age 29): $24 million
2016 (age 30): $25 million
2017 (age 31): $26 million
2018 (age 32): $26 million
2019 (age 33): $27 million
2020 (age 34): $1 million conditional club option

-- 2020 $1 million club option can only be exercised if Felix spends 130 consecutive days on the disabled list (either in one season or overlapping into a second season) due to right elbow surgery or any other procedure to repair a right elbow injury

-- $6 million signing bonus

-- Performance bonuses:

Cy Young: $0.2 million
World Series MVP: $0.1 million
LCS MVP: $0.05 million
Gold Glove: $0.05 million
All-Star: $0.05 million

-- Full no-trade protection (Felix gains 10-5 trade protection in July 2015)

alstein

Dan Uggla looks like a deflated balloon now.

Also, Fredi ripped Schafer and Pastornicky to the media for not showing up early. Classy.

Classy, but those two did need to be there early even if they didn't have to be- they're pretty much 4A guys at this point in their careers, and it's not like Schafer doesn't have a bad rep. Pastornicky couldn't even make his winter ball team apparently.

Top Bottom