• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Macattk15

If you're following gameday, their pitch count is all wrong in ST. All K's are 3 strikes no balls, all walks are 4 balls no strikes, and everything else is one pitch.

Wat?

I haven't seen a single thing like that watching the Mariners gameday.

I'm also listening to the radio broadcast.

vJrk1F8.png

Franklin walked on 8 pitches before this.

RBH

When do deals for MLB.tv usually start to first pop up? And how much of a discount has been seen in the past?

Fenix

Russel Martin has withdrawn from Team Canada because the Pirates were concerned about him playing shortstop.

He didn't want to play catcher because of the grind it would add on top of the regular season.

Parch

There is one final spot available in the NEOGAF Baseball League. Then we're full. It's a 14 team, head-to-head league with a live draft on Wed Mar 27th 8:00PM ET.
You can grab that last spot by joining...

League ID#: 19118
Password: GAF

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...posts-letter-to-our-fans-in-miami-newspapers/
It’s no secret that last season was not our best — actually it was one of our worst. In large part, our performance on the field stunk and something needed to be done. As a result of some bold moves, many grabbed hold of our tough yet necessary decision only to unleash a vicious cycle of negativity. As the owner of the ballclub, the buck stops with me and I take my share of the blame where it’s due. However, many of the things being said about us are simply not true. I’ve sat by quietly and allowed this to continue. Now it’s time for me to resond to our most important constituents, the fans who love the game of baseball.

Loria, go burn in a fire. But don't die.

Fenix

Jays v O's on radio,
Jays v Yankees on MLB.tv
1993 WS Game 1 on TV.

Too much baseball.

Edit: Holy shit, Guzman had 110 walks in 1993?

I like how he "shares some blame" and then at the end says shit like "I helped bring a world series" no you fucking didn't

I just don't even

This part is my personal favorite:

Whatever you say, buddy!

To him being in the skyline is being able to see it from miles away. what a bitch
the stadium is in little havana which as far as I know is pretty ghetto

Link

The Autumn Wind
To him being in the skyline is being able to see it from miles away. what a bitch
the stadium is in little havana which as far as I know is pretty ghetto
It's extremely ghetto, and it doesn't lend itself well to the kind of traffic a professional team attracts. Thankfully, that's not a problem with the Marlins.

Do Florida fans just not remember 2003?
Loria had almost nothing to do with 2003. He had bought the team the year before and most of the pieces were from the previous ownership.

Loria wants to improve relationships with the fans yet he cancelled a radio segment where fans can call in and talk to the team president

Yeah real talk

Sanjuro

He is the owner of the team. He has everything to do with it by default.

But, if you want to get technical...hiring a new GM, firing old manager, calling up a rookie All Star pitcher, signing the best catching FA in the game, re-signing your All-Star infielder, and trading for one best players during your World Series run had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it. Clearly.

He is the owner of the team. He has everything to do with it by default.

But, if you want to get technical...hiring a new GM, firing old manager, calling up a rookie All Star pitcher, signing the best catching FA in the game, re-signing your All-Star infielder, and trading for one best players during your World Series run had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it. Clearly.

Except that's where you're completely wrong and show that you know nothing about how this shitty organization is run

Sanjuro

The trolling is strong this afternoon. Nice work Sanjuro.

It's not trolling when you are right. If you're a Florida "fan" you might not like Loria, but trying to skew history by making him not exist in prior years? What is this, Men in Black?

Zep

Banned
It's not trolling when you are right. If you're a Florida "fan" you might not like Loria, but trying to skew history by making him not exist in prior years? What is this, Men in Black?

But did he really take any risks when all he did was re-hire Beinfest and Sampson from the Expos?! No.

Sanjuro

But did he really take any risks when all he did was re-hire Beinfest and Sampson from the Expos?! No.

I never claimed it to be a risk, almost all moves are though regardless. Still, did he not win a World Series? Don't tell me Will Smith got you as well, Zep.

Top Bottom