• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

eznark

Banned
T-Plush has arrived in Japan

26981_421765.jpg

andycapps

I love hearing baseball on the radio again.

J-Hey with a solo home run, then Justin Upton follows that with a solo home run. I could get used to this.

jbug617

Banned
Allen Webster hitting 99 mph during the game against the Jays. He also struck out Lawrie, Bautista, Encarnacion and Arencibia in a row.

McNei1y

Rendon is going to be a monster. Almost mashed his second bomb but that dude Decker(?) Just made an awesome catch for the Mets.

MLBPA head Michael Weiner said there were discussions about increasing the penalty for positive PED tests.

The new penalties would supposedly be a 100-game suspension for the first offense, a 162-game suspension for the second offense, and a lifetime ban for the third offense.

MLBPA head Michael Weiner said there were discussions about increasing the penalty for positive PED tests.

The new penalties would supposedly be a 100-game suspension for the first offense, a 162-game suspension for the second offense, and a lifetime ban for the third offense.
I support this, but make the 2nd ban 200-250 games.

or they can stop giving in to people's fake outrage and tell those old farts that PEDs are here to stay so they better deal with it.

Nah lets continue the stupid witch hunt.

30 for 30 "Catching Hell" Bartman documentary is on Netflix. I missed most of it when it was on TV the first time.

Man, the Buckner situation was such a travesty. Not (just) the play, but the way he was treated. However, he's a player, so he should expect that somewhat. The Bartman situation was way more insane. INSANE.

rekameohs

Banned
30 for 30 "Catching Hell" Bartman documentary is on Netflix. I missed most of it when it was on TV the first time.

Man, the Buckner situation was such a travesty. Not (just) the play, but the way he was treated. However, he's a player, so he should expect that somewhat. The Bartman situation was way more insane. INSANE.

It's too bad they could never get that interview with Bartman.

It's too bad they could never get that interview with Bartman.

Bartman was completely scared into hiding by the whole thing. He said he could have retired with all the money that was offered to him to just simply talk about what happened, but he declined every interview. One big media group offered him over a million dollars for a one-hour interview and he declined. They were even going to make a comedy movie out of it starring Kevin James called "Fan Interference". Bartman told whatever studio that was behind it that he would sue them if they did it and they cancelled it.

Blearth

Banned
If you take away April, Pujols had a typical year for him. The Show's ratings are an average of the last three seasons.

.297/.357/.553 from May 1 to the end of the season.

That's still not particularly close to his career average of .328/.420/.617 (not including 2012).

McNei1y

If you take away April, Pujols had a typical year for him. The Show's ratings are an average of the last three seasons.

Oh I didn't know it was the average of three seasons. That makes sense for Desmond then.

A week away! My PS3 should be coming in the mail today. I always worry when I purchase something more than 100$ that my package will get stolen or something.

McNei1y

I just found out that the Nationals have lost their really hot sideline reporter to another job. This is the biggest loss this franchise has felt.

BFIB

MLB: The Show's overall team ratings:

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Los Angeles Angels
5. Toronto Blue Jays
6. Texas Rangers
7. Washington Nationals
8. Atlanta Braves
9. Cincinnati Reds
10. Philadelphia Phillies
11. New York Yankees
12. Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Colorado Rockies
14. Chicago White Sox
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16. Tampa Bay Rays
17. San Francisco Giants
18. Oakland Athletics
19. Kansas City Royals
20. Milwaukee Brewers
21. Baltimore Orioles
22. Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Seattle Mariners
24. Cleveland Indians
25. San Diego Padres
26. Minnesota Twins
27. Chicago Cubs
28. New York Mets
29. Miami Marlins
30. Houston Astros

WTF?

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Los Angeles Angel
5. Toronto Blue Jays
6. Texas Rangers
7. Washington Nationals
8. Atlanta Braves
9. Cincinnati Reds
11. New York Yankees
12. Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Colorado Rockies
14. Chicago White Sox
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16. Tampa Bay Rays
17. San Francisco Giants
18. Oakland Athletics
19. Kansas City Royals
20. Milwaukee Brewers
21. Baltimore Orioles
22. Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Seattle Mariners
24. Cleveland Indians
25. San Diego Padres
26. Minnesota Twins
27. Chicago Cubs
28. New York Mets
29. Miami Marlins
30. Houston Astros

WTF?
Lackey lost weight man!

Good to see that they are doing something but I wish the first failed test was a 162 game suspension, and the 2nd a life time ban.

Bartman was completely scared into hiding by the whole thing. He said he could have retired with all the money that was offered to him to just simply talk about what happened, but he declined every interview. One big media group offered him over a million dollars for a one-hour interview and he declined. They were even going to make a comedy movie out of it starring Kevin James called "Fan Interference". Bartman told whatever studio that was behind it that he would sue them if they did it and they cancelled it.
If only it was that easy to stop all Kevin James movies....

Sanjuro

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Los Angeles Angels
5. Toronto Blue Jays
6. Texas Rangers
7. Washington Nationals
8. Atlanta Braves
9. Cincinnati Reds
11. New York Yankees
12. Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Colorado Rockies
14. Chicago White Sox
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16. Tampa Bay Rays
17. San Francisco Giants
18. Oakland Athletics
19. Kansas City Royals
20. Milwaukee Brewers
21. Baltimore Orioles
22. Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Seattle Mariners
24. Cleveland Indians
25. San Diego Padres
26. Minnesota Twins
27. Chicago Cubs
28. New York Mets
29. Miami Marlins
30. Houston Astros

WTF?

iFqWzKysOrtzb.gif

McNei1y

The Red Sox roster is just crazy. 5 guys over 87. Napoli and Victorino were nice additions there.

So pumped that the Nats have 4 starters over 90 (I consider Zimmermann's 89 a 90 lol). Not sure how Henry Rodriguez is an 82. The guy is terrible. Beyond terrible. He blows games on the regular.

turnbuckle

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Los Angeles Angels
5. Toronto Blue Jays
6. Texas Rangers
7. Washington Nationals
8. Atlanta Braves
9. Cincinnati Reds
11. New York Yankees
12. Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Colorado Rockies
14. Chicago White Sox
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16. Tampa Bay Rays
17. San Francisco Giants
18. Oakland Athletics
19. Kansas City Royals
20. Milwaukee Brewers
21. Baltimore Orioles
22. Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Seattle Mariners
24. Cleveland Indians
25. San Diego Padres
26. Minnesota Twins
27. Chicago Cubs
28. New York Mets
29. Miami Marlins
30. Houston Astros

WTF?

Awwwww yeah, hopefully we can get the league going this year without any drama. I remember my first year in the GAF league the Tigers were ranked like 24 or something...or maybe it was 24 after injuries. I dunno, I dun care. #1 bitches!

Top Bottom