• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Blearth

Banned
Why are the Tigers number one?

Their offense can not score to save their lives. They were shut out in half the games I watched them play last year!

Their "ace" can't go four innings without giving up six runs.

And their defense is sucky sucky sucksucksuck.

turnbuckle

Why are the Tigers number one?

Their offense can not score to save their lives. They were shut out in half the games I watched them play last year!

Their "ace" can't go four innings without giving up six runs.

And their defense is sucky sucky sucksucksuck.

When was the last time the #1 team in the Show won the World Series? Maybe I should lament this ranking.

Lucky for me Verlander only stinks in April, the All Star Game, and October. There's no way the gaf league will be up and running during those months :p

Manny Ramirez has stated that if he doesn't have a MLB contract by March 7, he will be playing the 2013 season in Taiwan.

Indians should have brought him and Thome into camp, just for old time's sake :p. Giambi's in after all...and from hearing Tito talk he has a good chance of making the team.

Zep

Banned
Woodbridge atm.

Wow, thats great. You should come up to CBP and we'll catch a game when the Braves are in town!

broken-bottle.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
As a Mets fan, I don't know whether to laugh or cry:

http://deadspin.com/5986838/the-new...a-company-that-specializes-in-pyramid-schemes

The Citi Field outpost is Amway's first storefront in America.

On Saturday, Amway staged a grand opening (or "grand opening": it got no coverage, as far as I can tell) with the Amway sign just a few feet away from a Mets ticket booth.

Amway is a multilevel marketing opportunity, to use the euphemism, or a pyramid scheme, to use the terminology of its critics. Individuals sign up as "Independent Business Owners", or I.B.O.s, to sell an array of Amway products, buying them up front while simultaneously recruiting others to join Amway as well.

From one pyramid scheme to another. Jesus.

Syrinx

MLB: The Show's overall team ratings:

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Los Angeles Angels
5. Toronto Blue Jays
6. Texas Rangers
7. Washington Nationals
8. Atlanta Braves
9. Cincinnati Reds
10. Philadelphia Phillies
11. New York Yankees
12. Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Colorado Rockies
14. Chicago White Sox
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16. Tampa Bay Rays
17. San Francisco Giants
18. Oakland Athletics
19. Kansas City Royals
20. Milwaukee Brewers
21. Baltimore Orioles
22. Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Seattle Mariners
24. Cleveland Indians
25. San Diego Padres
26. Minnesota Twins
27. Chicago Cubs
28. New York Mets
29. Miami Marlins
30. Houston Astros

WTF?

Why do they have the world champions at #17?

Marlins say they hold rights over "Next Knuckler" winner Booty
The Miami Marlins claim they own the rights to Josh Booty, the 37-year-old former infielder who won MLB Network's "The Next Knuckler" reality show and signed a minor league deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks.

It seems that MLB and the Diamondbacks goofed, not realizing that Booty was never actually released from the Marlins. He signed retirement papers on January 22, 1999, meaning the Marlins still control his rights.

The Marlins said they agreed to officially release Booty as long as they were given the chance to reclaim him if the Diamondbacks placed him on the 25-man roster to start the season.

The Marlins could actually reclaim Booty now if they wanted, but they agreed not to unless he was going to be placed on the active roster. If the Marlins end up taking him back, they will not have to compensate the Diamondbacks.

At 19 years old, Booty was drafted 5th overall in the 1994 MLB Draft by the then-Florida Marlins and earned a $1.6 million signing bonus. He was drafted a few spots ahead of Nomar Garciaparra (12th), Paul Konerko (13th), and Jason Varitek (14th). He played a total of 14 games for the Marlins from 1996-1998 and owns a ring as a member of the 1997 World Series Champion team.

After growing frustrated with baseball, Booty retired from MLB to attempt a career in the NFL, which also did not pan out. He has not appeared in a Major League game since April 22, 1998 with the Marlins.

jakncoke

Banned
Lets see Pirates 1994 draft

Round 1 Mark Farris highest level AA .244 career hitter

Players to play any MLB from the draft

Jimmy Anderson who was fucking terrible.

and some Brandon Larson who played a lil for the Reds over 4 seasons batting .179

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
MLB: The Show's overall team ratings:

1. Detroit Tigers
2. St. Louis Cardinals
3. Boston Red Sox
4. Los Angeles Angels
5. Toronto Blue Jays
6. Texas Rangers
7. Washington Nationals
8. Atlanta Braves
9. Cincinnati Reds
10. Philadelphia Phillies
11. New York Yankees
12. Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Colorado Rockies
14. Chicago White Sox
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16. Tampa Bay Rays
17. San Francisco Giants
18. Oakland Athletics
19. Kansas City Royals
20. Milwaukee Brewers
21. Baltimore Orioles
22. Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Seattle Mariners
24. Cleveland Indians
25. San Diego Padres
26. Minnesota Twins
27. Chicago Cubs
28. New York Mets
29. Miami Marlins
30. Houston Astros

WTF?

Someone at Sony San Diego loves Boston, it's the only excuse I can think of this and the barrage of Red Sox cover athletes in years past the players prime.

Fenix

Someone at Sony San Diego loves Boston, it's the only excuse I can think of this and the barrage of Red Sox cover athletes in years past the players prime.
Well, if the player ratings are using a rolling 3-year period, then both Ellsbury/Napoli's outlier years are inflating what their more "real" ratings should be. Victorino also only really started declining last year.

Well, if the player ratings are using a rolling 3-year period, then both Ellsbury/Napoli's outlier years are inflating what their more "real" ratings should be. Victorino also only really started declining last year.
Yep, in fact this year is the first year MLB: The Show will have sucky Jason Bay. The last two years he was living off his Red Sox tenure.

Top Bottom