• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

I just hope Sandy doesnt think of signing Cano. Mets have alot of money coming off of books after this season. Also, seems like Terry really wants to use Byrd as the everyday starter in RF. so far he's looked good.

Maxim726X

I just hope Sandy doesnt think of signing Cano. Mets have alot of money coming off of books after this season. Also, seems like Terry really wants to use Byrd as the everyday starter in RF. so far he's looked good.

They would never even dream of it.

Maybe the Mets will sign Choo. That's the only major signing they'd make next offseason.

I'm more intrigued about the Stanton situation.

They would never even dream of it.

Maybe the Mets will sign Choo. That's the only major signing they'd make next offseason.

I'm more intrigued about the Stanton situation.

Stanton fits the bill perfectly of what the Mets need.I see Marlins asking for Zack more than Harvey. i would do it.

Maxim726X

Stanton fits the bill perfectly of what the Mets need.I see Marlins asking for Zack more than Harvey. i would do it.

There are Mets fans who wouldn't. I think they're totally insane, but I would have to think as long as the Marlins don't ask for both SA would at least seriously consider it.

RBH

The Braves’ outfield has taken a couple of Uptons, the Mets’ more downturns.

The evidence was overt yesterday at Tradition Field as the Braves travelled with their newly configured starting unit of Jason Heyward, B.J. Upton and Justin Upton (who was the designated hitter).

Meanwhile, there was Lucas Duda in left, Matt Den Dekker in center and Marlon Byrd in right, which might have the distinction of being the starting unit for both the 2013 Mets and the 2014 Long Island Ducks.

But how could anyone pinpoint the Mets’ starting outfield when even their manager, Terry Collins said, “I don’t know who it is” four weeks before the season opener. He could close his eye and pick the names out of a hat or, well, he could just close his eyes. Because it is possible the Met outfield will be the worst unit of any type — outfield, infield, starting pitching, etc. — in the majors.

Though both teams are operating with roughly the same $90 million budget, the Braves’ outfield is set with Jayson Heyward (left), B.J. Upton and Justin Upton, while Mets manager Terry Collins will be going with a not-so-intimidating combination of Lucas Duda, Matt Den Dekker, Marlon Byrd, Collin Cowgill and Mike Baxter.

These two outfields define why the Braves are viewed as contenders and the Mets are not, though both are operating with roughly the same $90 million payroll. And it isn’t like the Mets are skimping on outfield and outdo Atlanta elsewhere, heck you can make a case that the Braves have the best bullpen in the majors.
:)

Link

The Autumn Wind
While I'm certainly not going to argue the Mets' outfield is a sad situation, are they really acting like not knowing all your starters a month before the season begins is some unusual occurance? That's half of what spring training is about.

This would be amazing and almost worth it for the three Yankees at once.
Too bad two of them would be serving the suspensions while already on the DL anyway.

Pretty damn disingenuous. Mets have talent coming up, their system is much better than when Sandy 1st came here.

I think he means OF talent. cuz there's really none down in the system. Sandy has improved the other parts of the system though and Minaya left some good players too. Sandy has admitted as much.

G-Fex

Screw you man. You abandoned NFL-GAF earlier too and your new team even won the championship!

and you guys mocked me for choosing them too. Shows you guys.

Sides I kept missing games, at least with mlb tv I can catch more games more often. I doubt nfl gaf misses me.

Top Bottom