• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

jl4855

great day to be a jays fan. lansing 3 broken up but getting that haul without giving up syndergard, sanchez or TDA is a huge coup. time to ship JPA off for another arm!

gaming_noob

I think most jays fans weren't even expecting a Buerhle type of pitcher this offseason, much less an ace in J Johnson and Jose freakin Reyes.

If the can pry Ogando from Texas for JPA then...... This is too much for me. At least keeping Lind will be easier to swallow.

Fenix

I think most jays fans weren't even expecting a Buerhle type of pitcher this offseason, much less an ace in J Johnson and Jose freakin Reyes.

If the can pry Ogando from Texas for JPA then...... This is too much for me. At least keeping Lind will be easier to swallow.
I've wanted JJ since before the Trade Deadline.

Stupid fucking Marlins...YOU'RE CHOOSING THE WRONG SPORT TO TANK IN

THIS AIN'T THE NBA LOTTERY OR THE FIRST PICK IN THE NFL DRAFT :(

And even then, our management whiffs on EVERY FIRST ROUNDER!!!

Fenix

we all wanted him. What were the rumors at the trade deadline for him?
I don't think there were any specific rumours, just that he might be available. I figured the Jays had the talent to make the deal and it would give them 1.5 years to look at him and decide on an extension. Seemed like a good match at the time.

bluemax

Banned
I wish this league had a commissioner like David Stern.

Why? Its not like Stern doesn't allow teams to do sneaky evil shit all the time.

Witness Donald Sterling's entire time as the Clippers owner.

Dare I even mention the Sonics? The Grizzlies? The Hornets?

M6aUH.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You can't avoid it, blackace. M's are desperate, they're gonna make a bonehead decision

I have faith in Jack..

I can imagine giving one year too long, but I doubt they will give Josh an ARod like contract

What a sad day for Miami. I feel the same way Jon does. I have no affiliation with the Marlins whatsoever, but this trade is horseshit. And I don't understand the rationale behind having a brand new stadium built and then nuking the entire team. What purpose does the stadium serve if no one will want to attend games now? I would NEVER attend a single Brewers game again if Attanasio did something like this.

Congrats to the Jays fans here. Toronto just played the phenomenal hand they were dealt, and it should make the AL East even more interesting to watch for the next couple years. Poor Farrell.

Talon

He's actually working with the Yankees now.
SO. MUCH. TALENT.
What a sad day for Miami. I feel the same way Jon does. I have no affiliation with the Marlins whatsoever, but this trade is horseshit. And I don't understand the rationale behind having a brand new stadium built and then nuking the entire team. What purpose does the stadium serve if no one will want to attend games now? I would NEVER attend a single Brewers game again if Attanasio did something like this.

Congrats to the Jays fans here. Toronto just played the phenomenal hand they were dealt, and it should make the AL East even more interesting to watch for the next couple years. Poor Farrell.
Seriously. If I'm ever in Miami during the summer, I am not going to pay to watch the Marlins.

What's humorous is that the Marlins kicked everyone's ass in May.

They were 29-22 and only 0.5 out of first behind the Nationals on June 1. They had one bad month and immediately started dismantling the team, trading Hanley Ramirez and then Omar Infante/Anibal Sanchez.

They gave up because of one bad month.

Talon

What's humorous is that the Marlins kicked everyone's ass in May.

They were 29-22 and only 0.5 out of first behind the Nationals on June 1. They had one bad month and immediately started dismantling the team, trading Hanley Ramirez and then Omar Infante/Anibal Sanchez.

They gave up because of one bad month.
It's all a....
350x112.jpg

...part of the plan.

Marlins have zero reason to trade Stanton. Dude is cost controlled for awhile and is only going to gain value as he continues to put up numbers, plus his highlight reel homeruns are the closest thing they have to a draw with that shitty fanbase.

Top Bottom