• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Marlins have zero reason to trade Stanton. Dude is cost controlled for awhile and is only going to gain value as he continues to put up numbers, plus his highlight reel homeruns are the closest thing they have to a draw with that shitty fanbase.
Dude... he showed up the owner.

ON TWITTER.

Branduil

ib0skeC4uxpwGW.png

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple
Time to demand a trade to the braves.
Lol have you guys seen how the Reyes and Buerle contracts are structured? marlins were planning this from the start.
lol yeah.

Jose Reyes ss
6 years/$106M (2012-17), plus 2018 option

◾6 years/$106M (2012-17), plus 2018 option
◾signed by Miami as a free agent 12/5/11
◾12:$10M, 13:$10M, 14:$16M, 15:$22M, 16:$22M, 17:$22M, 18:$22M club option ($4M buyout)
◾award bonuses: $50,000 each for Gold Glove, All-Star. $0.1M for Silver Slugger. $0.25M for LCS MVP. $0.5M for MVP. $1M for WS MVP
◾perks: suite at home and on road
◾Reyes to donate $176,666 annually to charity
◾deal does not include no-trade protection

Mark Buehrle lhp
4 years/$58M (2012-15)

◾4 years/$58M (2012-15)
◾signed by Miami as a free agent 12/8/11
◾$4M signing bonus (deferred without interest)
◾12:$6M, 13:$11M, 14:$18M, 15:$19M

Backloaded big time.

and then there is the others

John Buck c
3 years/$18M (2011-13)

◾3 years/$18M (2011-13)
◾signed by Florida as a free agent 11/17/10
◾$1.5M signing bonus
◾11:$4.5M, 12:$6M, 13:$6M

Josh Johnson rhp
4 years/$39M (2010-13)

◾4 years/$39M (2010-13)
◾signed extension with Florida 1/14/10 (avoided arbitration)
◾at signing, second largest contract ever for pitcher eligible for arbitration for a second time
◾10:$3.75M, 11:$7.75M, 12:$13.75M, 13:$13.75M
◾award bonuses: $1M for WS MVP, $0.5M for Cy Young, $50,000 for All Star

Emilio Bonifacio inf
1 year/$2.2M (2012)

◾1 year/$2.2M (2012)
◾won in arbitration with Miami 2/8/12 ($2.2M-$1.95M)

that is a lot of money Toronto is taking on.

Rogers profited 1.74 billion last year.

I think they'll be fine.

Isn't Rogers one of the wealthiest owners in baseball?
And the Jays revenues are way up from increased attendance and TV ratings (Rogers owns the channel the Jays games are on)

Oh and if the NHL lockout ever ends Rogers gets dat Maple Leaf money

Fenix

Isn't Rogers one of the wealthiest owners in baseball?
And the Jays revenues are way up from increased attendance and TV ratings (Rogers owns the channel the Jays games are on)

Oh and if the NHL lockout ever ends Rogers gets dat Maple Leaf money
Yes, they are.

I'm not familiar with the Leafs finances, but I'm pretty sure they're making shittons of money despite being fucking awful. Given the salary cap, if they ever get good again it'll be like mainlining money.

Yes, they are.

I'm not familiar with the Leafs finances, but I'm pretty sure they're making shittons of money despite being fucking awful. Given the salary cap, if they ever get good again it'll be like mainlining money.

The Leafs, Habs and I think Rangers (?) are keeping the NHL afloat

Fenix

Additionally, how about Rogers don't renew the Argos lease on the Dome and improve the fucking field. Make it baseball only.

Edit: They own the ACC now right (along with Bell)? Most events that used to be at the Dome can go there.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sorry I'm late on this, but I've been distracted by politics lately.

Ahahahahahahahaha Marlins.

Enjoy your white elephant of a stadium, Miami. Glad I live in Broward, the non-stupid county of South Florida.

Doogdogg

From what I understand, each team currently receives $25M annually from MLB deals with ESPN, FOX and TBS. By 2014 it will doubled. So $50MM before the owners sells a single ticket.

Congrats Blue Jay fans. Xmas came early...Treat them nice. Expect sellouts every game.

On another note- Time to put some money on the marlins. Didn't this happen before? Feels like a WWE move

eznark

Banned
What a sad day for Miami. I feel the same way Jon does. I have no affiliation with the Marlins whatsoever, but this trade is horseshit. And I don't understand the rationale behind having a brand new stadium built and then nuking the entire team. What purpose does the stadium serve if no one will want to attend games now? I would NEVER attend a single Brewers game again if Attanasio did something like this.

Congrats to the Jays fans here. Toronto just played the phenomenal hand they were dealt, and it should make the AL East even more interesting to watch for the next couple years. Poor Farrell.

Yeah, another 69 win season really would have put butts in the seats.

ZeroRay

There is no problem with the Marlins.

We just needed to adjust to the conditions of the market. The fans and policymakers of Miami will understand.

Just woke up. hahahahahaha. oh god, Pujols dodged a bullet. I like the trade just for the lols, but honestly i don't see the Jay's getting much better. There's no guarantee that Josh Johnson will stay healthy, and Jose Reyes has been overrated all of his career. Anyways, as least it makes the Jays fun to watch. I hope A-Rod gets traded to the Marlins just for the lols as well.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Just woke up. hahahahahaha. oh god, Pujols dodged a bullet. I like the trade just for the lols, but honestly i don't see the Jay's getting much better. There's no guarantee that Josh Johnson will stay healthy, and Jose Reyes has been overrated all of his career. Anyways, as least it makes the Jays fun to watch. I hope A-Rod gets traded to the Marlins just for the lols as well.

why wouldn't he stay semi-healthy?

Getting great starting pitching helps a team sooooo much

the team president david samson will be on with lebatard today i think at 5 et

the fans calling in will be fun. and you know Dan is going to make this uncomfortable

clemenx

Banned

And he's a lazy bum too, amirite?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Saddest part is the Rays are totally fucked now.

Not because the Jays are any good, they still suck, but because its going to be literally impossible to get that new stadium now (same for Oakland).

Bet they'll end up in Montreal when its all said and done. Thanks a lot Miami.

Top Bottom