• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Jon Heyman just posted on Twitter that the Royals offered Pudge Rodriguez a major league deal before the 2012 season but he retired anyways.

carlos

Jon Heyman just posted on Twitter that the Royals offered Pudge Rodriguez a major league deal before the 2012 season but he retired anyways.

Find that hard to believe seeing as how he really wanted to get to 3000 hits; Must've been for a backup position and he realized there was no way he was going to get there.

That, or LOL Royals.

Statehood? not in my lifetime, if ever...republicans won't allow it, and with both economies fucked up, (PR's more so), it makes no financial sense for the US to allow it.

Anyway, I'm just disappointed that by the time the next WBC rolls around, the only major league player on the roster will be zombie Angel Pagan and maybe zombie Rios... including PR in the draft really ruined/killed player development here...

what happened in Puerto Rico that they don't seem to produce as much players as they used to?

The attendance of the U.S games is sad.

I thought baseball was the national pastime. :/

football has over taken it

Football is a bloodthirsty, violent, somewhat jingoistic game where the object is to take territory and claim it as your own and incapacitate as many of the opposing side as you can. you can see why Americans would love it.

carlos

what happened in Puerto Rico that they don't seem to produce as much players as they used to?
It used to be like the wild west around here, scout visits PR, sees 15-17 year old playing, signs him for a small bonus, goes off to the minors.

MANY players signed that way, only a handful become MLB regulars or all stars

Now anyone from PR that you want to sign has to be drafted in the MLB amateur draft, which overall means less people from PR getting signed, and even less making it to the bigs.

A scout nowadays can go anywhere else in the caribbean or central/south america and get more done than trying to do so in PR.

Y'know guys ez just made a post in the MLB 13 thread that really got me to thinking... I want to ask your opinions about it.

What if Prince Fielder was white?

eznark

Banned
Hot-Patriotism-Jessica-Pace.jpg

A-bikini-patriot.jpg

July-4th-Hot-girl-american-flag-kate-upton.jpg

american_flag_babe.jpg

miss-america-babe-UVZbw.jpg

3668688308_a8801234c8.jpg

2-5, 5 RBIs for Wright. 10 RBIs for Wright.

David is going to be so sad when he sess Den Dekker/Coghwill/Byrd hitting in front of him in late March.

Top Bottom