• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Sanjuro

It's the same crew that brought you the not totally cheesy Ernie Davis movie.

Same actor's playing Ernie Davis and Jackie Robinson as well. There's a joke about this somewhere...

Everything I read here is terrible. I'm out. Just give me more baseball comedies ffs.

Talon

Everything I read here is terrible. I'm out. Just give me more baseball comedies ffs.
Well, there's a certain degree of humor in the fact that these movies (presumably) were made to celebrate the accomplishments of two athletes that crossed the color barrier with the Heisman and the MLB, but they can't help but cast the same dude in both.

The only good parts of the godawful, terrible, Dennis Quaid-starring Ernie Davis movie:
1. They filmed at Northwestern because our stadium is apparently the oldest looking stadium in D-1 football. This means that we got paid (with food) to be extras in the football scenes.
2. The Texas crowd at the Cotton Bowl was the most hilarious caricature of racist white folks I can ever remember seeing.

Talon

I just assumed you were being serious. Unsuccessful black actor that I've never heard from? Going to take your word for it. There are only about 4-5 black actors that get A-List work in film anyway.
Will Smith, Denzel Washington, and Jamie Foxx are it right now for leading men. I sincerely hope I forgot somebody.

Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, and Laurence Fishburn are supporting guys. Don Cheadle hasn't gotten any leading roles that I can think of right now other than that shitty show about management consulting.

Represent. I'm not sure how much I like my Howard avatar right now. I'm rooting for hi and the Phillies though.

Let's hope Doc is okay.

I had a hard time finding a Howard av that I liked as well. I am sure he will be hitting a lot of HRs this year so we will both have a lot of options to choose from. I think Doc will be okay, but I think Charlie will have to use him more judiciously this year. The Phils bullpen should be greatly improved so hopefully he will trust those guys and get Doc out after 6 innings when ever he can.

andycapps

Yeah, but his father was black.

Fair enough, I don't really consider him an A-List actor though. He's mostly in really bad action movies or Disney comedies. Obligatory:

3iDd7c4.jpg

Combined population of 13 million (roughly equivalent to Tokyo), geographically isolated and effectively adjacent, globally irrelevant.

It's like a Kansas City - Milwaukee World Series. Sure the immediately affected fan bases are hyper-charged and super passionate but no one else gives a fuck.

people (RE: Americans) wouldn't have given a shit either way so why is it so bad that these countries could potentially play.

you want the best played baseball on showcase so that people who are seeing baseball for the first time are at least entertained and not disgusted by American fans and players whose only idea of having fun at the game is to be as jingoistic as possible with their Captain America bullshit and their "gotta get ready for the season!"

then expecting to be crowned winners just because they invented the sport.
*ahem* but I ain't mad. much love to you....

The Padres have announced Chase Headley has a broken left thumb and will begin the season on the DL. He is not expected back until the second or third week of April.

Top Bottom