• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Parch

-REMINDER-

Yahoo NEOGAF Baseball League live draft is tomorrow

Wednesday March 27, 8:00 PM ET

I've done my homework. Vernon Wells won't be my first round pick.

Pretty typical ballpark prices, unfortunately. I think it's $7-8 for a BBQ sandwich maybe? But you can also get brisket, pulled pork and/or burnt ends on every damned thing, including hot dogs and nachos.

BFIB

How long do you see the current ballparks lasting?

Camden is what, 20 years old now? Can the new retro parks last another 30 years?

They run this promotion at GABP where they give away 'free hotdogs with rich heinz tomato ketchup' and I'm like "if I won, i would refuse this." The 'rich' part makes me gag.

what happened to you man, you used to be cool.

This is what goes on a hot dog:

If you must have something tomato based, it's this:

Throw some onion straws and a pickle in there, and we're in business.

5719719931_b84ca2a740.jpg

does a hot dog even exist under all that? I WANT A HOT DOG, not a condiment dog.

But honestly, if you're at the beautiful Kauffman Stadium,

you should just eat this instead:

hmmm.... google fiber and meat? tempting...

Pretty typical ballpark prices, unfortunately. I think it's $7-8 for a BBQ sandwich maybe? But you can also get brisket, pulled pork and/or burnt ends on every damned thing, including hot dogs and nachos.

7 to 8 dollars? shiiiiit that's pretty damn cheap for stadium food.

How long do you see the current ballparks lasting?

Camden is what, 20 years old now? Can the new retro parks last another 30 years?

How many ballparks have been vacated because they were too old?

The current parks can last as long as Fenway if they want them to, and they probably will since the new parks have all those perks that increase revenue, like the luxury boxes and whatnot.

How many ballparks have been vacated because they were too old?

The current parks can last as long as Fenway if they want them to, and they probably will since the new parks have all those perks that increase revenue, like the luxury boxes and whatnot.

I bet if they build a new Fenway, they would replicate the field and big green wall. (I can't believe they are still allowed to have field dimensions like that, it's ridiculous.)

How much longer can Fenway remain standing, anyway? It's a century old now.

far better than ol dodger stadium.

Actually, the two stadiums have a lot of other things in common, though. Dodgers is the third oldest stadium, but "The K" is right behind it at #6. And the two parks are considered the two best examples of the 60's-70's "Modernist" ballpark design.

Also... there's the fact that the Royals totally ripped off the Dodgers' uniforms, haha.

I believe the 3 out of the 5 oldest ballparks are in CA.

Crazy

It must be really hard to get public money for stadiums there. That's what drove the Raiders and Rams out of LA, and what is driving the A's and Raiders out of Oakland.

They were going to build a a stadium for the Raiders in some rock quarry far away from Central LA, IIRC. Of course, that never happened.

I hate all hot dogs. More ballparks should be offering vegetarian hot dogs. It should be a requirement in every stadium honestly.

Vegetarian baseball-GAF unite! Last year I was able to convince my wife to go to a Mariners game while we were on vacation in Seattle by pointing out they have Field Roast veggie dogs.

They were delicious, and made even better with mustard.

Fenix

Wait AA is going to have a press conference real soon?

For what?

edit: Romero to Dunedin to start the season.
Yup, makes sense. Sort your shit out and throw strikes, come up to AAA for 2-3 starts to see if it carries over then back in the rotation.

Edit: Wilner's article from the 15th, with breaking headline above, lol:

RBH

In the final days of spring training, seeing reliever Jonny Venters staring at his sore left arm before being pulled from Tuesday’s game against Detroit put a damper on things for the Braves.

Venters was diagnosed with a sprained elbow and will presumably open the season on the 15-day disabled list.

“We’ll reevaluate tomorrow, see what happens,” said Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez, who didn’t know anything more regarding the severity of the injury or how long Venters might be out.

Pitching in a major league game for the first time in 13 days, he faced five batters in the sixth inning and gave up a leadoff homer, a walk and a triple before throwing a wild pitch to the fifth batter, a ball that went to the backstop screen and let in the third run of the inning.

One pitch later, Venters signalled to the dugout, and Gonzalez came out and removed him from the game and sent him to the clubhouse with a trainer.

When asked last week why Venters hadn’t pitched since a four-walk inning against St. Louis on March 13, Gonzalez said there was nothing in particular wrong with him and the team had just decided to “back him off” and give him some rest. Venters also was asked last week and said there was nothing physically wrong.

After Tuesday’s game, Gonzalez was asked again, this time specifically if the elbow had bothered Venters this spring.

“Off and on,” he said. “Hasn’t been anything crazy. We’ve laid off of him a few times because of that, backed him off because it’s a long spring training. From the other day, that minor league game, all indications were that he was good.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/braves-venters-leaves-game-with-elbow-injury/nW4wy/

eznark

Banned
Fucking barf.

Once you reach the age of 13, you should be ready to move on to superior condiments such as brown mustard and hot sauce, as well as some nice grilled onions.

Chili dogs are also acceptable.

Guy likes condiments for 13 year olds, you like cartoons for 13 year olds.

Glass houses.

Fucking barf.

Once you reach the age of 13, you should be ready to move on to superior condiments such as brown mustard and hot sauce, as well as some nice grilled onions.

Chili dogs are also acceptable.

I prefer the taste of meat. and whoever used that much ketchup is doing it wrong. fuck the cardboard taste of mustard. Mustard is what they used to kill people with in WWI.

Guy likes condiments for 13 year olds, you like cartoons for 13 year olds.

Glass houses.

ethered.

Sanjuro

I prefer the taste of meat. and whoever used that much ketchup is doing it wrong. fuck the cardboard taste of mustard. Mustard is what they used to kill people with in WWI.

Ketchup is fine for children, so there you go. Anyone who gets a coney dog with ketchup should have it immediately thrown in the trash and still have to pay for it.

Malo

Banned
Apparently Russel Martin told the Yankees he was willing to take a 1 year deal at 9-10 million and the Yankees balked at it. Wtf.

Stewart and Cervelli are both terrible.

Fox318

Want a real condiment

http://www.whalens-horseradish.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=horseradish&Product_Code=hr-mustard&Category_Code=hr-sauces

Did Betancourt getting a major league contract from the Brewers really escape any mention?!?!

Yes, it's true. A major-league contract.

What wonderful times we all live in.

Top Bottom