• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Eliza Dushku ‏@elizadushku

Thanks to @Ray_Holliday for the support! Wonder what kinds of scripts for strong female leads you have goin on... ;) #AlbaniaDocumentary

Totally thought she was mentioned Roy Halladay when I read it haha

Jays are like a guy who has just been dumped by his girlfriend (Farrell) and just doesn't give a shit. We're getting drunk, high and sleeping around with anything that comes our way.

I like it.

Not to be greedy, but would love to at least entertain the idea of them going after Felix, especially if Seattle loses out on Hamilton.

Buerhle, JPA, Happ? Not sure of their OF situation, could always do Buerhle and Gose.

[KoRp]Jazzman;44419148 said:
Not to be greedy, but would love to at least entertain the idea of them going after Felix, especially if Seattle loses out on Hamilton.

Buerhle, JPA, Happ? Not sure of their OF situation, could always do Buerhle and Gose.

They have Montero, do they not plan to have him catch?

Fenix

Not even in the same time zone as the talent required to get Felix. He's not being shopped.

gaming_noob

From the team collapsing to the Farrell defection and then an underwhelming signing of Izturis..Who would've thought AA could make a 180 degree turn and make this the most exciting offseason since the early 90's? I still think they're looking to trade one of J. Johnson and Buerhle...don't mind that. The mega blockbuster really spoiled me...I get disappointed every morning when I don't see another big trade on TSN.ca.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
don't worry guys. Johnson and Reyes will be injured and Buehrle and Melky will turn to shit.

clemenx

Banned

That shit is worse than the Yankee fans proposals for Felix.

Felix isn't getting traded unless he ever makes it absolutely clear to the M's organization that he is not willing to re-sign with them. People need to get this through their head already.

turnbuckle

jordanlaugh.gif

It's hilarious to me that the same sort of guys who would vote for Cabrera for MVP, are the ones who would keep scrappy utility players around because of their "intangibles." Trout was better at all of those "intangibles" than Cabrera, but they voted on his fancy numbers.

But whatever, Cabrera is still a massive piece of human shit. Looking forward to next year's regression.

You're always so salty. Good luck waiting on that regression. Guess you gotta hope for bit of light in the 1000 years of twins fan darkness.

rando14

iGsuvwFFN1JoU.gif

Blue Jays fans.

RBH

rofl

Jays got Leche? Motherfucker, somebody needs to stop their rampage.

At some point, I may actually have to be worried that the Yankees aren't doing shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can you explain why that should be the case? "Stats" are things which we can actually observe and measure. Things like "Grit" are "intangibles" or, as I like to consider them, magic.

Did Mike Trout lack the Will of a Warrior?
Because some metrics are odd combinations that clash with other odd metrics?

Never did I say grit and any of that bullsh1t but it's gotten to the point where the basic stats arent enough and people are compiling the dimensions of ballparks

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Because some metrics are odd combinations that clash with other odd metrics?

Never did I say grit and any of that bullsh1t but it's gotten to the point where the basic stats arent enough and people are compiling the dimensions of ballparks

What's wrong with that? It's more work?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What's wrong with that? It's more work?

It doesn't really really prove anything.

It's all assume that a player sees that exact same results in different ballpark.. To me it doesnt work like that

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It doesn't really really prove anything.

It's all assume that a player sees that exact same results in different ballpark.. To me it doesnt work like that

I think you've got it somewhat backwards. Park effects aren't trying to say "what are the results when you subtract the stadium," they're trying to say "what effects, if any, did the park have on batters." Slight semantic difference, but it's important. A stadium's dimensions will have real demonstrable effects on different types of batters. It's useful information to have simply by its nature of being more information.

Admittedly the science isn't perfect, but our goals should be to improve the data we have to work with rather than to ignore data due to potential imperfections.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
What a beautiful year it will be if the Rays, Blue Jays, and O's are all in the playoffs while the Yanks and Sox are slumming it in the gutter.

Parch

Try.

That's all I ever hoped from the Blue Jays. It might not work, but at least they've made a 100% effort to build a team. Might not be more than a one year window when Johnson leaves, but it should be a fun year. A little more injury luck would really be nice.

Foil

Try.

That's all I ever hoped from the Blue Jays. It might not work, but at least they've made a 100% effort to build a team. Might not be more than a one year window when Johnson leaves, but it should be a fun year. A little more injury luck would really be nice.

Agreed. That's pretty much what most fans here want.

It might work out, it might not, but atleast they're trying. Either way our farm system is still extremely strong even after the trade, so I'm not worried.

Marlins told Reyes and Buehrle they weren't going to trade them.

http://t.co/CfdxA2qW

I am not saying this is what is happening in this case but I really hate it when professional athletes refuse to play for teams they are traded too. (Happened to the Raptors a few times). I mean you are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game a few times a week, the fans at the new place want you and the team traded you so they don't want you too badly. Maybe its just the self centered players that think the world revolves around them.

I don't know if any of the players have said anything so far, just a reporter reporting that the Marlins told them they wouldn't be traded lulz

Top Bottom