• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Sharp

He's a second basemen.
Trust me, he plays shortstop just fine. The only reason he's playing second is because Ian Desmond is at short (and really, I think we should switch them). Back before Desmond made me look bad by suddenly going from dogshit to an amazing power hitter I was all for just dumping Desmond completely, moving Espinosa to short, and platooning second until Rendon was ready.

And yeah, I honestly don't know if that proposed deal makes a lot of sense for either team. But: are the Rays really going to go with Loney? Because lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
via Sherman:

Hear exclusively Alex Rodriguez was playing with re-tear in surgically repaired hip. Likely going for another surgery. A-Rod will miss at least piece of '13.

dat contract

eznark

Banned
He's a second basemen.

25% of the time he played shortstop and from what I remember he played it exceptionally well. Desmond can't play second and they wanted to keep his bat in play so Espinosa played 2B.

I'm not saying anything about the specific deal, just saying I love Espinosa's skill set.

via Sherman:

Hear exclusively Alex Rodriguez was playing with re-tear in surgically repaired hip. Likely going for another surgery. A-Rod will miss at least piece of '13.

dat contract

My co-worker was telling me during Tony Pena's press conference naming him DR's manager for WBC, somebody asked if A-Rod was gonna play for them. Octavio Dotel said "Fuck no!!" Poor A-rod

Sharp

25% of the time he played shortstop and from what I remember he played it exceptionally well. Desmond can't play second and they wanted to keep his bat in play so Espinosa played 2B.

I'm not saying anything about the specific deal, just saying I love Espinosa's skill set.
I don't know that I've ever heard Desmond or anyone else affiliated with the team say that he can't play second. I don't even know that he won't. I just know that he hasn't, so far as I can remember at least. Still kinda hoping they make that switch.

eznark

Banned
I don't know that I've ever heard Desmond or anyone else affiliated with the team say that he can't play second. I don't even know that he won't. I just know that he hasn't, so far as I can remember at least. Still kinda hoping they make that switch.

They tried him at second for like a week as a rookie and he was a butcher.

Damn Brad Lidge had 9 total surgeries during his playing career. 4 in the minors. said he couldn't take it anymore. Also, he said he cant believe he's retiring before that ball Pujols hit in NLCS is still travelling.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken_Rosenthal
Source: A-Rod re-injury occurred before playoffs. Was on pain medication throughout #Yankees' post-season. Pain so severe after one of DS games, he had to be taken to emergency room and spent night there

and the team still threw him under the bus.

h3ro

via Sherman:

dat contract
:(

Ken_Rosenthal
Source: A-Rod re-injury occurred before playoffs. Was on pain medication throughout #Yankees' post-season. Pain so severe after one of DS games, he had to be taken to emergency room and spent night there

and the team still threw him under the bus.
:( :(

I still believe.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
:( :(

I still believe.

Joelsherman1
Can add new A-Rod info. The injury is the LEFT hip, not the previously operated upon right 1. Same injury: Torn labrum

Surgery will be done early in new year, recuperation time is 3-6 months. #Yankees hope A-Rod is back in June as a full player

During playoffs A-Rod felt hip issue, surgically repaired RIGHT hip was MRI-ed. No problem found. Turned out it is LEFT hip

eznark

Banned
Joelsherman1
Can add new A-Rod info. The injury is the LEFT hip, not the previously operated upon right 1. Same injury: Torn labrum

Surgery will be done early in new year, recuperation time is 3-6 months. #Yankees hope A-Rod is back in June as a full player

During playoffs A-Rod felt hip issue, surgically repaired RIGHT hip was MRI-ed. No problem found. Turned out it is LEFT hip

Wow.

Malo

Banned
Joelsherman1

There's still five years left on his deal, five years.... *sigh*

Joelsherman1

Good god, there are FIVE YEARS left of this. :(

Send this dude to Germany or the DR or whatever for the blood spinning/orthokine/whatever special magic treatment. Don't let him come back until July...even August. We need A-Rod at something approaching full health, for a full season.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Nuney/Romine futura.

iC9vA781wZBlT.gif

I wonder if at somepoint the Yankees go the injury settlement route with Arod. If he is breaking down this bad now I cant imagine 3 or 4 years from now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I want Terry Ryan to hurry up and sign some terrible free agent pitchers. I need to have the Band-Aid of optimism ripped off as soon as possible.

Enron

Banned
Thanks for the memories, Mike, but 39 mil for 3 years for a guy whose skills might not age well, playing some of those games at the most physically demanding position, below average defensively at both C and 1B and has a history of various injuries i'd prefer the Rangers pass. Especially since the Josh Hamilton market doesn't seem to be as hot as everyone thought it would be - Josh might be had for something not-insane now and that would be a much better use of the money.

eznark

Banned
He'd probably be a better starter than Nic_ Blac_burn.

I'm guessing they sign wife beating scumbag Brett Myers, John Lannan, and maybe they'll overpay Ryan Dumpster. Oh boy!

No way, that's going to be the New Randy Wolf. He's our albatross, stay away!

Fenix

So, Morosi wrote an article about how the Yankees need to "get realistic" and trade for Chase Headley with a package around Hughes and Phelps.

Hahahahahaha

Top Bottom