• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Branduil

So the Rangers are set to lose both Napoli and Hamilton. I sure hope they have a good plan for actually replacing those guys.

rekameohs

Banned
At the rate they spend I wouldn't be surprised if their payroll hits 300 million.

Too bad fans will still show up late for the game.

vpgPJ.jpg

That was from the 2nd to last day of the Dodgers' season last year. aka when they still had a chance at the WC. Pretty funny.

Fox318

Hearing that it will be a bidding war between doyers and rangers for greinke.

Hopefully Nolan offers Greinke a $400 million contract and then Dodgers make that his annual salary for 10 years.

Greinke then tries to take over the world with his billions.

Hopefully Nolan offers Greinke a $400 million contract and then Dodgers make that his annual salary for 10 years.

Greinke then tries to take over the world with his billions.
He seems like the type dat would rather buy an island all for himself. Never to see another human being.

Ken_Rosenthal
Source: A-Rod re-injury occurred before playoffs. Was on pain medication throughout #Yankees' post-season. Pain so severe after one of DS games, he had to be taken to emergency room and spent night there

and the team still threw him under the bus.

fuck him.

There's still five years left on his deal, five years.... *sigh*

Good god, there are FIVE YEARS left of this. :(

Send this dude to Germany or the DR or whatever for the blood spinning/orthokine/whatever special magic treatment. Don't let him come back until July...even August. We need A-Rod at something approaching full health, for a full season.

guys guys guys, five years will go by like nothing. with him spending so much time on the DL it's he isn't even part of the team anymore.

I meant to say JayDubya.

Once again I'm sorry for the comment and I feel terrible.

aw, don't feel so bad. Gaborn would have loved it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ken_Rosenthal
Source: A-Rod re-injury occurred before playoffs. Was on pain medication throughout #Yankees' post-season. Pain so severe after one of DS games, he had to be taken to emergency room and spent night there

and the team still threw him under the bus.
Sounds like this is their way of pulling him out from under the bus.

"Oh, sitting A-Rod? Well, he was hurt, but we didn't want to publicly announce it. He's our guy."

Sounds like R.A. will be traded. Love the guy but if it gets us a solid catcher and a legitimate Center Fielder then do it. Heard Arencibia and Gose as something Blue Jays might consider. Do something along that line Sandy!

eznark

Banned
Beautiful

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/12/3/3720806/irrational-hatred-national-league-central

It may be stretching the limits of "irrationally," but I'm not sure any player in Brewers history was more hated by the team's fans than Gary Sheffield. Some might not remember that Sheffield, who is better known for his time with the Marlins, Dodgers, and Yankees, started his career in Milwaukee. While with the Brewers, he didn't give much indication that he would become the prodigious hitter he eventually did, hitting .259/.319/.376 over parts of four seasons, including a .771 OPS in 125 games in 1990. But he was young and improving, and he was supposed to develop into a key contributor to the Brewers for years to come.

Of course, it was Sheffield's off-the-field act that left so many Wisconsinites with a bitter taste in their mouths. Sheffield was injury-prone but, beyond that, he absolutely hated the team for which he played. Sheffield, upset about being kept at third base while the white Bill Spiers played shortstop, went so far as to call the Brewers organization "racist" and the City of Milwaukee and their team "hell." Later, he would admit to purposely playing poorly while in Milwaukee. Sheffield was traded to the Padres following an injury-marred 1991 season and suddenly became a hitting machine. In return, the Brewers got the underwhelming package of Ricky Bones, Matt Miekse, and Jose Valentin. So, yeah, this might not be quite so irrational.

Nothing irrational about hating that fucking pile of wretched shit Sheffield.

I wish nothing but the worst for that pit of feces.

Fox318

fuck him.

guys guys guys, five years will go by like nothing. with him spending so much time on the DL it's he isn't even part of the team anymore.

aw, don't feel so bad. Gaborn would have loved it.

I feel bad because I miss Gaborn.

Sure my days are better because the horrors of humanity arn't posted as much in the ot but then we are left with just the ot.

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox checked in on what the Mets want for RA Dickey and the Mets want Jackie Bradley Jr and Xander Bogaerts. Man they are in for a surprise if they think they are going to get a lot for him.

Blearth

Banned
4/40 ain't so bad considering what the market for CF looks like this offseason.

At least we dodged the Victorino bullet.

Amen! One of the greatest pure hitters of modern baseball

Yeah because being DH magically made him a better hitter

Also he was a mean 3rd baseman

If only Edgar had played a shitty 3B and cost his team runs and wins that way, he'd clearly be good enough player to make the Hall of Fame (and win the 2012 MVP apparently)

aFIGurANT

Assuming Miggy makes the HoF, and given the hate he gets from the young generation that may be just a ridiculous assumption!

And I'm pretty sure that the Keith Laws of the world have thrown his name out. I know that on the BB Today podcast Karabell and Simon gushed about some mariner forever when talking about who should/shouldn't make it. They may have been lamenting the fact he won't make it, though, I can't remember exactly.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Assuming Miggy makes the HoF, and given the hate he gets from the young generation that may be just a ridiculous assumption!

And I'm pretty sure that the Keith Laws of the world have thrown his name out. I know that on the BB Today podcast Karabell and Simon gushed about some mariner forever when talking about who should/shouldn't make it. They may have been lamenting the fact he won't make it, though, I can't remember exactly.
.......no.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

The guy can play ball. I hate him because he's a piece of shit human being. He didn't deserve the MVP over Trout.

Top Bottom