• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Fenix

Now we need everyone to stay healthy

lol

The Score ‏@theScore

In 2005 Jays sign AJ Burnett to a 5-year, $55M deal, 2012 Jays acquire Cy Young winner RA Dickey. Will cost team $30M over 3 years #Progress

-----

these days Burnett would have gotten at least 18 mil a year =/

Also, AJ was a Free Agent, this is an extension, so a bit of a different set of circumstances (along with others).

Fenix

Per Olney, some of the signing bonus that makes up the 2/25 extension is going to be applied to the 2012 payroll, not 2013.

The structure of the extension years is gonna be interesting.

calder

Worst negative of this trade: makes me regret bailing on Dickey's book 50 pages in a few months back. Just the intro was a boring, overly humble slog. Take some credit dude!

I mean, his autobiography was fucking riveting. Couldn't put it down, A+++ not as a sports bio, but as pure English lit.

@deljos94: @Alleycat17 d'Arnaud has now been traded for 2 CY young award winners! And now he's going BACK to Vegas #BlueJays

Interesting

R.A. Dickey is in Florida taking his physical for the Blue Jays. Once he passes, the trade will be complete. Dickey and the Blue Jays agreed on a 2-year, $25 million extension that will cover 2014 and 2015. Dickey makes just $5 million in 2013.

Here's the deal:

Blue Jays acquire: RHP R.A. Dickey, C Josh Thole, and a currently-unknown prospect

Mets acquire: C John Buck, C Travis d'Arnaud, RHP Noah Syndergaard, and a currently-unknown prospect

Blue Jays projected starting rotation for 2013:

1. R.A. Dickey
2. Josh Johnson
3. Mark Buehrle
4. Brandon Morrow
5. Ricky Romero

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So he's gonna get lit up because you don't like how he's handled the easy league?

0NZO4.gif

sangreal

4-0 with a 1.71 ERA vs the AL East in 6 starts with 3 of those starts coming against the Yankees.

2 of those 3 starts were the no decisions (not that W-L means much). The other three wins were 2xBAL and 1xTBR

The Yankees rocked him last time they played. I'm not terribly worried about him

Fenix

Dickey passed his physical, there's a $12 million option for 2016 in the contract as well (I assume club option).

Edit: Nickeas is the other Mets player coming to Toronto. Bleh.

And Wilmer Becerra is going the other way.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dickey passed his physical, there's a $12 million option for 2016 in the contract as well (I assume club option).

Edit: Nickeas is the other Mets player coming to Toronto. Bleh.

And Wilmer Becerra is going the other way.
What the fuck are the Mets doing? They gave up another catcher and get an infielder back? I hate this trade.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Nickeas is fucking terrible. i feel u Link, but he's really bad.
And yet he was a guy the Mets saw fit to put on their major league roster. That's how bad their catching depth is. Now they don't even have warm bodies for that position, let alone talent.

Fenix

Apparently no cash has exchanged hands, so the Jays payroll actually goes down by a million minus whatever Thole gets in arb.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Apparently no cash has exchanged hands, so the Jays payroll actually goes down by a million minus whatever Thole gets in arb.
Does this mean the Mets are actually paying John Buck's salary too?

Schattenjäger;45522184 said:
They got an outfielder for Nickaus relax
Pretty sure Becerra is a shortstop.

Top Bottom