• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Maxim726X

Mets have acquired Collin Cowgill for Jefry Marte.

Meh. Whatever. Didn't give up too much but he's far from a tantalizing option in the OF... Can't complain though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
shame they didn't play a trick on the other fast money player like with this one: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7gt1qh_bR-4&desktop_uri=/watch?v=7gt1qh_bR-4
Dodgers are listening to offers for Ethier according to Rosenthal.
I was going to say the braves should go after him then i looked at his contract.

x3SeH.gif

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Newly-acquired Mets prospect deletes tweet with gay slur

An anti-gay slur was recently tweeted, and subsequently deleted, from a Twitter account belonging to one of the prospects the Mets acquired from Toronto for R.A. Dickey.
Righthanded pitcher Noah Syndergaard, 20, acquired along with catcher Travis d'Arnaud in the deal that sent the Cy Young Award winner to the Blue Jays, tweets from the account @Noahsyndergaard.
On Dec. 9, this tweet appeared from that account: "@DMarze89 nice crocs f-- lol"
The tweet no longer appears on the timeline for the account.

What an idiot.

Rays have agreed with Roberto Hernandez (formerly known as Fausto Carmona) on a 1-year, $3.25 million deal. The contract has incentives for both innings pitched and relief appearances, so the Rays aren't sure yet how they'll use him.

Maxim726X

Rays have agreed with Roberto Hernandez (formerly known as Fausto Carmona) on a 1-year, $3.25 million deal. The contract has incentives for both innings pitched and relief appearances, so the Rays aren't sure yet how they'll use him.

Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping the Mets would take a flyer on a one year deal...

Thinking about doing a Blue Jays vs. Red Sox live stream tonight with MLB 12 The Show since they are two of the most radically different teams in the AL East. R.A. Dickey vs. Ryan Dempster?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
susanslusser
Nakajima says he wanted to sign with #Athletics because "Billy Beane is extremely sexy and cool."

explains why he didnt sign with the yanks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jack Z is basically the new Dayton Moore although he seems to have a lot more credibility for whatever reason.

Also not as good of a GM as Dayton.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jack Z is basically the new Dayton Moore although he seems to have a lot more credibility for whatever reason.

Also not as good of a GM as Dayton.
That was like listening to hobo explain who killed JFK

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously though what are the Mariners doing? They've had 3 of the worst offenses in the history of baseball in back to back to back seasons.

And they still do nothing.

Fenix

FUN VERNON WELLS FACTS:

The Blue Jays paid Vernon Wells $47,201,00 for 11 years of service (1999-2010), including $5M paid to the Angels in the trade.
(1393 Games Played, 5963 PA, 223 HR, .804 OPS, 26.0 bWAR)

The Angels have paid him $42,187,500 for 2 years of service (2011 & 2012) so far.
(208 Games Played, 791 PA, 36 HR, .667 OPS, -0.3 bWAR)

He still has $42,000,000 left on his contract for the next 2 years.

rando14

Seriously though what are the Mariners doing? They've had 3 of the worst offenses in the history of baseball in back to back to back seasons.

I imagine they're having difficulty attracting big bats due to these last few years. If they want to get one (Swisher etc) they'll have to overpay.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I agree

Seattle has never been a hotbed for free agents most of our talent came from a good farm system

Which is now recovering from before

Basically we are just going to have over pay a bat

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Some people might call me crazy, but I would be willing to offer Evan Gattis.
I guess he might be a good bench bat, but I would only be willing to do something like that if the angels paid ALL of his salary which isn't going to happen. And besides gattis will probably be ready late this year and would be a decent bat off the bench as well. The only thing Wells has going for him is some decent power.

edit: also this is amazing:

7yhy8.jpg

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2012/1...ng-vernon-wells-i-lose-will-to-live#133537333

Presco

List of teams that have drawn 4 million fans:
  • Blue Jays
  • Rockies
  • Yankees
  • Mets

But seriously, prepare for bandwagoning.

There is a fairly large Toronto contingent on gaf so you might be right. That said, while I'm a huge Jays fan I don't bother posting because I read this thread for the lively commentary and constant meltdowns from fans of the rest of the teams. Any true fan hates their team as much as they love them. I hope I hate the Jays a hell of a lot less next year because I'm shelling out for two sets of season tickets.

Fenix

Bob McCown on PTS today:
This is being discussed. I don’t know what level it’s at. I have been told– I have heard that it may have already been decided that two years from now they are going to put grass in the Rogers Centre. No one has confirmed that to me, but that’s what’s out there.

“That the Toronto Argonauts have been informed to look for an alternative place to play, because the plan is to put natural grass in there, and the Blue Jays have no intention muck up their grass. So, whether it’s 100% or 50%– I think it’s one of those two– it’s at least being seriously discussed, and the target is probably the 2015 season. But it could be 2014.
Please please please please please.

Top Bottom