• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

God DAMN I spent a lot of time on this but I'm pretty close to done

11088161_10105948851435910_5239983523821734550_o.jpg

11088744_10105948851141500_3736731465284449525_o.jpg

11033773_10105948850782220_8814609473792771518_o.jpg

11050160_10105948850582620_6724317850835256167_o.jpg

Awesome! Someone's really gotta do a thread for these.

Xater

Earlier in diamond dynasty dynasty I hit a line drive to the pitchers head. He dropped like a bullet hit him. He was face down kicking his feet

He had to leave the game because he was "groggy", lol he was dazed for sure

I took screenshots, will post them after the Warriors game. Uploading screenshots is a pain in the ass on ps4

Btw, PSA
You don't want to resume after being on rest mode overnight. You won't get a daily stamp. There's a thread about it on OS and it happened to me too. I also lost out on post game rewards

I never putmy PS4 in rest mode and did not get a single stamp after the first one.

How the hell do i invite a friend to play online?

v1lla and I were confused by this

You need to go into the community tab...then Game Rooms...then join the same game room.....but it will probably tell you its full so you both have to spam the same one until you are in...then you can send him a challenge by bringing up quick menu and selecting him

It's ridiculous how far it's buried

zulux21

Now I got my day 2 stamp despite me playing every day...

ditto... I think you have to log into their servers in certain modes, or it won't give it to you... RTTS is not one of these modes :/

on the plus side I got promoted to the majors right after the AA all star game.

Fantomas

I'm in love with this game so far! Took a break last year, so I haven't played The Show since '13 on PS3. This is quite the improvement. RTTS is better than any of the previous versions I'd played. My only gripe is that the character models are in need of an overhaul now. The stadiums and lighting are amazing, but the characters look outdated now in comparison.

Oh, and this is my first post on NeoGAF, so hi! :)

alterno69

Banned
So is diamond dynasty like Fifa Ultimate Team?
Yes but better IMO, you get to build your teams uniform. You don't have to worry about chemistry or any of that nonsense and the matchmaking actually works here. This is my go to game mode, it's awesome.

v1lla21

In DD I get something after every game. It seems to happen less often in RTTS but that makes sense, because you don't play full games.
I'm getting two items after every game in DD.

So is diamond dynasty like Fifa Ultimate Team?
Yup! A cool thing about Diamond Dynasty is that you can create your own player and you can feed him the cards you don't want. A good alternative than to sell them in the market.

Banana and I played last night and the game ran well for the most part.

If anyone from SDS is reading this, please allow us to play friends in DD next year. I understand why y'all took that but I still want to play friends. Is it hard to create an option where playing DD against a friend doesn't give the players any incentive whether it's ranking or other stuff?

I'm getting two items after every game in DD.

Yup! A cool thing about Diamond Dynasty is that you can create your own player and you can feed him the cards you don't want. A good alternative than to sell them in the market.

Banana and I played last night and the game ran well for the most part.

If anyone from SDS is reading this, please allow us to play friends in DD next year. I understand why y'all took that but I still want to play friends. Is it hard to create an option where playing DD against a friend doesn't give the players any incentive whether it's ranking or other stuff?

And any player you get is yours forever. Unlike previous DD or in MUT, the cards don't have a limited usage. And once you get better players, like you said, you can feed the older cards/players to the created player.

So it appears right now that you can buy player packs and it says server error...

you get the pack but don't get charged...

I wish card/rewards collection and diamond dynasty saved data server side. I would actually pick up the PS3 version to play in the bedroom when the living room TV is being used.

Remote Play isn't great for this game.

You guys are getting me interested in DD. I've played RTTS exclusively so far, but I love the card collecting option. I opened the packs that came with my version of the game and got a massive pile of crap.

There isn't any of that annoying FIFA "contract" garbage, is there? Annoyed the living hell out of me.

You guys are getting me interested in DD. I've played RTTS exclusively so far, but I love the card collecting option. I opened the packs that came with my version of the game and got a massive pile of crap.

There isn't any of that annoying FIFA "contract" garbage, is there? Annoyed the living hell out of me.

no contract stuff

this shit is so absurdly addicting, one day in....

Im going to be very honest.

As far as next Gen goes, this is the best looking sports game to date. It trumps 2014 NBA.

Do not get me started on NBA 2k15 this year, it was a huge disappointment.(Graphically)

no contract stuff

this shit is so absurdly addicting, one day in....

Perfect. The concept of having to get a player card, then using a freaking consumable resource card just to get him to play is absurd. Even worse when you consider they also had fitness cards to keep their stamina up. It's ridiculous.

Perfect. The concept of having to get a player card, then using a freaking consumable resource card just to get him to play is absurd. Even worse when you consider they also had fitness cards to keep their stamina up. It's ridiculous.
I had never done an ultimate team thing before until now and I've been missing out. The contract stuff was a turn off but now you can keep your guys and you actually want to collect them all cause if you get all cards of a team you get a legend

Rommel

Anyone know if you claim a legendary if it locks all the cards from the market (including multiples) or just one of each. About to claim my Edgar Martinez :D

Xater

I wish card/rewards collection and diamond dynasty saved data server side. I would actually pick up the PS3 version to play in the bedroom when the living room TV is being used.

Remote Play isn't great for this game.

But all that stuff is server side. Hell I have gotten PS3 ballpark cards that I could use in that version if I had it.

PreFire

How are you guys getting these players like Bumgarner and Trout?

I'm playing on legend with my trash roster but they are smoking me. Everything is a hit in a gap or a homerun lol

I'm playing on legend with my trash roster but they are smoking me. Everything is a hit in a gap or a homerun lol

I got a Johnny Bench off a standard pack. Only Diamond i've got was a Kimbrel.

Xater

It's all luck. My best card is still the one gold I got as a reward for palying last years game. Cespedes is basically my MVP ever game...

PreFire

Here are those pics of the pitchers whos skull I crushed in Diamond Dynasty. Injury report was "groggy" lol
330255d84bf893422a05080a9a27744a.jpg

22eb52c05bfed785e72175b7227221e5.jpg

e742b8c252b34bbb0bac94faf4dc1e3f.jpg

be042264945e9f4f00fd7ad37fcafad5.jpg

3df8ecbfd67c3b272142596292c4bfbe.jpg

8330a22755288ef8bf1f0deca8d921e5.jpg

2083f0ea69e897c95fcccb5aad3b9980.jpg

1c3ff9dbd83797f7fe33486aa3419b15.jpg

But all that stuff is server side. Hell I have gotten PS3 ballpark cards that I could use in that version if I had it.

Is it?

Do stubs carry over?

I know I got a stadium on the PS4 version that could only be used on the PS3 version. I didn't know what to make of it.

In previous years I know that leveling hasn't carried over between different platforms. I am not too sure how it works.

GravyButt

Can you play diamond dynasty solo? Not a big fan of playing others online in sports games, I always lose no matter what haha

Top Bottom